Author Topic: World Baseball Classic  (Read 5725 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: World Baseball Classic
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 02:29 PM »
Dontrelle gets lit up again.  USA loses to South Korea 7-3. 

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 11:44 AM »
South Korea goes onto the next round.  They beat Japan 2-1.  The USA needs to beat Mexico today to advance.  Clemens is on the mound.  I hope he bulldogs his way through.  They cannot afford to start Dontrelle again if they want to win.  He's sucking it up.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 10:58 AM »
USA blows it.  They lost 2-1 to Mexico.  Bud Selig's folly...ugh.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 11:43 AM »
The US baseball team sucked period. There should be rules in place that if you play pro sports in a country..are a citizen OF that country that you are not allowed to play world scale games for another country(olympics OR this).

If folks want to come here, move in, become a citizen ect. then they should be made/restricted to play for the US only in any aspect. It's pretty disgusting IMO.

I don't care if they can't make this kind of money at home. Then don't come here for the money then.. and leave and play for your 'home' country that you don't even live in >:(

It SHOULD be done...America's too nice with our  freedoms sometimes, I like how it comes back to bite us in the ass ::)   

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2006, 03:25 PM »
The US baseball team sucked period. There should be rules in place that if you play pro sports in a country..are a citizen OF that country that you are not allowed to play world scale games for another country(olympics OR this).

If folks want to come here, move in, become a citizen ect. then they should be made/restricted to play for the US only in any aspect. It's pretty disgusting IMO.

I don't care if they can't make this kind of money at home. Then don't come here for the money then.. and leave and play for your 'home' country that you don't even live in >:(

It SHOULD be done...America's too nice with our  freedoms sometimes, I like how it comes back to bite us in the ass ::)   

I don't think that's why the US lost though.  Other countries like Cuba and South Korea had been training for this thing like it was the Olympics.  Our players, and when I say "our" that includes Team USA PLUS Venezuela, Dominican Republic (Tejada, Guerrero, Soriano, Pujols, Ortiz, Alou etc.) took a lot of time off after October and are nowhere near the game shape that Cuba is in.

If you look at the 2 final teams, Japan and Cuba, there are hardly any MLB players there.  Cuba I think has none, and Japan has at least Ichiro but maybe nobody else.

Bottom line is, the US considers this an exhibition, sending it's players before they even participated in training camp, and some other countries view it as the be-all and end-all of their life.  Cubans are calling their win over Dominican Republican in the semis the greatest moment of baseball for their country ever  ::) 
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 12:48 AM »
I think they should move this thing to after the World Series.