Author Topic: Best...Revan...EVER.  (Read 4958 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Best...Revan...EVER.
« on: March 14, 2006, 03:54 AM »
Check out this work of art:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=6040289297

I am simply blown away here. Words really fail me. I had started a Revan custom, but I think after seeing this it's back to the drawing board!  :o

Why, aeseven? Why do you not share these works of art with us, your customizing family, in your own thread? Why must we find them while wandering the streets like some filthy, cycloptic vagrant with a stick in our one good eye?  ;D

-DD
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 08:41 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: aeseven's holding out on us...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 05:33 AM »
Man when I read the thread title I was a bit worried, lol!

I was holding off posting Revan anywhere until I finished making the card for the gentleman that bought him.  I figured I would post both the figure AND the card at the same time so people didn't have to see the figure then a week later see the card (because you all KNOW how lazy i can be lol just look at my website, lol).

DD- I had been wanting to make a Revan for sometime now. . .but I just found the whole aspect of it overwelming because of the little details of his outfit.  I was sitting at my workbench. . .working on the Mandalorians (oddly enough) and I had a Skiff Lando laying there and I thought to myself, "Hmmm. . .that chest would make a good base for a Revan."  And that's all it took, I popped the head off the figure and was off!

He's probably one of my quickest customs all together.  The parts all seemed to just 'come together' and nearly assemble themselves, lol. 

I feel kinda bad I didn't post him sooner tho:(  I promise it won't happen again tho!!!!  Scouts honor!

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 09:32 AM »
Recipe?

I absolutely *love* this figure. Very nice work!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 10:38 AM »
That is awesome, I saw it on ebay but didn't realize that he made it.  It's crazy cool.  Wonderful work aeseven.  I hope you made a second one for your personal collection.

:P

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 11:00 AM »
ya i love this figure as well. Great execution of the character . I posted that link in a thread at RS where people were wanting to vote for KOTOR characters for the next fans choice.  8)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 11:13 AM »
That is cool. The coloring of the armor works great. I love that hood and the helmet. Very first class put together custom. Well deserved on the price it got.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 03:54 PM »
I'm looking at this, and it's just so inspired...I doubt Hasbro could produce anything as nice. I can't wait to try one of my own.

One question though...what did you use for the metal ring and ribbons on the lower portion of the robe? It's unbelievably cool!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 06:09 PM »
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you liked Revan.

Chewie- this is the only Revan I made (will make) since I have to be pretty picky about what I keep anymore, lol.  I have a few other collections going and space is always at a premium:P

Inrem, Phurby-Thanks again, I wouldn't mind having another go at his mask/helmet. . .I'm still getting down how to work with two part epoxy. . .feels very different than fimo~

Commander Miseria-  My vote is for Bastila Shan at this point. . .definitely will be someone from the EU tho:)

Here's a recipe for anyone working on (or thinking about working on) a Darth Revan:)

Head-Crispy Anakin (sculpted mask over face)
Body-Skiff Lando
Hands-Clone Trooper
Feet- Neomodian(hated the figure, probably spelled it wrong. . .but the feet worked pretty good lol)

The Hood and cloak (all one piece) was from Crispy Anakin and worked out better than I had hoped.  The cloth skirt was borrowed from Luminara.  The 'ring' was luckily found and used from one of the 'chains' from a Chewbacca (I don't remember which one, but the chain was larger than normal) while the two upper straps were styrene and the lower ones were leftover pieces of cape from various ML's.

I thought about dremeling the chest down to more resemble Revan's. . .but I liked the look of the design the Lando had originally so I kept it:)  Any questions just let me know:)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 10:10 AM »
I still havent made this figure. I started it, and never got back to it. The only thing thats keeping me is doing a 3 3/4" sculpt of myself. Since Raven turns out to be you..or me.
YOurs is fantastic.
I may have to steal your recipie...

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 03:03 AM »
well of course your votes for bastila! you can make an awesome revan already what do you need hasbro to do it for!  :P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 09:46 AM »
I saw this on eBay last week and was blown away.  I picked up a couple extra Crispy Anakins when I found them.  Now I know one of the projects I can work on.  I need to pick up some reference photos for the KOTOR Darths.  These are all such cool figures.

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 01:02 AM »
Well here they are, actualy pics of Revan, lol.  His package I finally got finished and so I'm including pics of those as well.  Thanks go to Glassman for clueing me in on the spray adhesive method because being able to use semi-gloss templates produces a MUCH better result! Thanks!

. . .and the package

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 04:46 AM »
That's pretty nice aeseven...  The packaging too is very nice though my packaging knowledge is limited at best.

The paints are intriguing on this one, what brand did you use to pull off the aged metal look on some of his bits and pieces?  I can recognize some of the parts you used but only slightly...  Everything's pretty well hidden and tough to discern what is what on him.  Very nicely put together figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 09:22 AM »
Fantastic work! You have a PM.

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 09:23 AM »
Oh and someone should change the title to this thread so the casual browsers know what they're missing! :)