Author Topic: Target's exclusive "Micro" line  (Read 18935 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Target exclusive "Micro" line
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2005, 12:20 PM »
I was very impressed by these sets.  Could be a lot of fun to set up and display!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: May 2, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Yeah, those transforming sets look pretty fun, much like the ones of years past.  Question is, will I be collecting them?  I've refrained from pretty much all prequel MM and AF, so there's a good chance I'll be passing on these sets too.  We'll see...

The second wave of ships/figures has been hitting all the Targets around here tha past week.  Picked up the next three, and I'd probably say that Jeff is likely right on those X-ray fleet molds being used for these.  Of course, what happens when they've gone through the 8 or so X-ray molds?  Presumably all new molds, I guess.  That'd be a good thing, since I haven't found these ships to be of the highest quality so far.  Kind of disappointed in them actually...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 2, 2005, 06:07 PM »
guess.  That'd be a good thing, since I haven't found these ships to be of the highest quality so far.  Kind of disappointed in them actually...

I second that.  I took mine all back and returned them to Target.  These things aren't worth $7 a pop.  I already have the smaller scaled MM ships with the stands that came out years ago and theses things just look craptacular in their larger scale.  I'd be happy to start collecting the Titanium ships, but I can't find those lil suckers...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2005, 03:44 AM »
I like these 2 playsets and hope to get my hand on them :)

And on this one too:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 1, 2005, 11:52 AM »
I've never bought anything in the "micro" vein of things, but these playsets do look kind of cool.  I do like the wookiee one that is up on GH's front page today (and a pic in the post above of the "closed set").  Kind of a neat idea, and reminds me of the micro line that was out in the vintage days somewhat.  Still don't know if I'll buy, but they do look sort of neat.  I've thought about picking up the Falcon set from the first "regular release" series of these, but I don't know that I've actually looked through the pegs at Target to see if they even have it.  Might have to check that out next time, just to have the Falcon with Han and Chewie.

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 3, 2005, 06:22 AM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: June 7, 2005, 01:32 PM »
These are now out ;)

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2005, 04:57 AM »
who has them?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 2, 2005, 05:41 PM »

Why do I get the feeling that this is the only Turbo Tank we'll ever see?  It'd be great in the Hasbro line (as so many guys have stated)...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: July 6, 2005, 07:53 PM »
Series 3 of the mini-vehicle sets (with 2 ships and 2 figures) is now hitting Targets.  The 3 new sets consist of the ARC-170, both Jedi Starfighters, Droid Tri-Fighter, Barc Speeder and the AT-RT.

I'm just sticking with the OT Micro sets though.  Besides, the WM Titanium ships are just about the exact same size as the ships in these 2-packs, and the WM diecast ships have 10x better detail and a much better "weighty" feel to them.  These Target ones just look and feel "cheap".

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2005, 01:23 PM »
But I want this Turbo Tank, where is it? I havn't heard any articles about people seeing this in stores yet. I have all the micro stuff both MS and TS. Yes, even wave one titanium(sorry Matt) it was easy(again,my apologies). But I don't have this...with no other tank released will this be a hard find?

Update: NM, I got it
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 11:45 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 03:47 AM »
Looks like the Turbo Tank is turning out to be a pretty easy find after all.  It's also sounding like it may be the last piece in this line, which may be defunct now.  I guess that's fine with me, since these really looked and felt cheap overall.  Not a good quality line, IMO.  The Titanium ships pretty much smoked these, even without the playability factor - at least to the average adult collector.  The kids likely dig the Micro line though, but the larger ships still aren't moving much, nor the smaller vehicle/figure sets either.  And for whatever reason, Target's making no effort to clearance these pegwarming crapfests out...  :-\

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2005, 05:11 PM »
  It's also sounding like it may be the last piece in this line, which may be defunct now. 

I thought another wave was announced at the CC for the fall of the double ship packs???Am I wrong about this? They showed the "ROTS wave" and didn't they say another wave WAS in the works beyond that? Can't remember.... :(...senility? :-[

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Target's exclusive "Micro" line
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 05:25 PM »
I bought all of these when they first came out back in '05, but over the past few years, I've decided that these too must go along with all my action figures and ships. They are all still in the packaging of course, but now I'm wishing I had opened them and at least messed around with the playsets! :P
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"