Author Topic: Titanium Series 3.75" Die-Cast Figures  (Read 96477 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Series 3.75" Forged Figures
« Reply #120 on: March 3, 2006, 03:21 AM »
One of my 4 WM's had this tonite..they got in 2 cases of Wave 1, rev 1. Grabbed me a set.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: March 3, 2006, 04:10 AM »
How do they look in person Jon?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 3, 2006, 10:28 AM »
I saw 2 Vader's and a Fett yesterday at a Walmart... to me, the Fett looked like some sort of cheesy POTF2 diecast figure, I really wasn't impressed with it.  I did pick up a Vader though, and was very impressed.  If my computer at home hadn't crashed I would have taken pics of the Vader opened up...

It's really a lot better than I figured it would be - but talk about a lot of screws to remove to get it open.  First there is a hard plastic shell over the figure itself that you have to unscrew - two screws for that.  Then, Vader is on a plastic base that is screwed down to the main platform - there are four more screws you have to remove at that point.  Finally, when that is done, you have Vader on another piece of plastic that is screwed into his feet - remove those two screws and he's finally free - that's 8 screws altogether. 

Once he's open, WOW - something really cool about this figure.  His helmet is removable and has a think piece of plastic covering over his bald head to keep it from chipping due to the metal head and metal helmet.  The plastic is removable but after taking it off, I put it back on.  He does have the original thick eyebrows.

As for articulation, you are looking at the neck, waist, shoulders and wrists.  The legs don't  move but he stands very well.  This is a a great display piece and well worth the $15.00 in my opinion.  I might get a few more like IG-88 when it comes available.

:P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 3, 2006, 06:02 PM »
How do they look in person Jon?

I must admit with all the product this year I was gonna pass on these...but, seeing them in person changed ALL that. Had to have it. I disagree with Chewie about Boba
I felt he was awesome.It looks like the wookie thingies come off and will have to verify when I get home and open that one.The detailing on the weapons is really very good as well as the figures in general(15$ is worth the cost IMO).  The vader is really nice as well. There's alot of screws sure-but I look at these more as displays more than anything. I like that every once in a while you can repose them and put them back in their case again. The display case looks like very heavy/durable plastic that would be hard to crack-it's also pretty thick..I guess we'll see on that one?Overall I like the line and can't wait for more! 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 3, 2006, 08:51 PM »
I went to Target tonight and saw both Vader and Fett. Vader was nothing special to me, but I loved the Boba Fett. If I wasn't a poor 14 year old who only had $6 on him, I would've bought it. I like the concept of this line, and I am going to try to get Boba Fett, Sandtrooper, and the 501st clone trooper. I really hope they make the Attack of the Clones clone trooper, Jango Fett, and maybe a battle droid or a super battle droid.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #125 on: March 3, 2006, 09:05 PM »
I saw these tonight as well.  Vader looks decent.  It seems to me like they're replacing Unleashed figs.  You're paying Unleashed prices for a fairly static fig, lots of bulky packaging, and the metal.  They look like POTF2 figs to me, though, although like I said, Vader is decent.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: March 4, 2006, 03:44 AM »
I'm almost tempted to get Fett just to cast the head and give the gun to my Fett VOTC figure...  Almost.

$15 is way too much so I'll hope someone casts those parts...  The head looked a lot better in shots I saw recently though with all the scars and stuff.

I'm down for Bossk and IG-88 at this point though, they look pretty nice...  I'd sworn these off but now I gotta get at least those two.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 4, 2006, 09:01 PM »
I found these this morning. I didn't pick them up, but I got a good look at them. Vader was fantastic. I almost made an impulse buy with that one. I didn't care for the Boba fett at all, in fact it was so bad, it help make my decision to not pick up Vader easier.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: March 7, 2006, 11:39 AM »
For those into this line, I've received a number of e-mails over the last two days from folks who have found the "Vintage Finish" variants to these (and I've noticed that they have started to hit eBay as well).

Time to keep those eyes open if you are looking for the variant figures...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 7, 2006, 12:07 PM »
To me, these vintage finish versions are just like the holo Bust-Ups from GG -- disappointing: the detailing is lost compared to the colored versions.  At least that's how it appears in the pics online, I'd like to see one for myself to really decide.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 7, 2006, 10:10 PM »
A friend of mine picked up the vintage finish Fett today from a Walmart and just stopped by, it's pretty cool but not something I'd need.

:P

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 8, 2006, 01:12 PM »
I got the vintage finish ones last friday from TRU.  They had one case and they come 4 per case.  There were 2 vaders and 2 bobas so there was 1 regular vader and boba and 1 vintage finish vader and boba.  They were a lot bigger than i was expecting them to be.  Here are some pics:

showing size comparison (TRU also had 3 cases of the Geo wave)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 8, 2006, 02:58 PM »
Thanks for the pics - they are nice from what I've seen but I can't start another line right now....

Nice score on the Scorch!   8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2006, 06:52 AM »
I got the vintage finish figures for a local friend.  I'm just not impressed with these after seeing them in person, so I'm sure I won't be getting into these in any major way.

Fett's headsculpt is better than I thought though.  Lots of scarring and character sculpted into him.  For customizers it'd be a dream cast actually.  The Vader's a much weaker looking figure.

The price is killer on these though too.  $15's way out there for something this small.  Die-cast isn't even an expensive process and shouldn't add to cost...  21st Cent. Toys casts its tanks in metal lately, and if anything the price came down because the metal was cheaper than large complex plastic injection molding.  If the paintjobs on the final figures were more realistic I think I'd have a slightly (very slightly) more favorable opinion of them...  The way the metal shows through even the regular versions' paintjob is just odd to me and ruins the figure.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2006, 01:33 PM »
I went ahead and grabbed a "Vintage Finish"  Fett this morning (mainly because it was Boba Fett, who I've collected stuff of since I was a wee lad), and while it's a nice piece to look at, it's not one that I was compelled to take out of the package like the painted version.  It almost looks as if they were trying to go for a pewter look to the figure, and with several of the parts being Hasbro Brand Plubber (plastic but rubbery) like the antenna and hands, it just falls short of being perfect.

At the beginning I didn't think I would be into this line that much and, for the most part, I still feel that way.  They're a nice conversation piece, and I think they work much better for characters that are covered in metal or plastic anyway (who came up with the bright idea to do a die-cast Bossk?), but overall, I'd rather the money that went into developing this line be put into actually, you know, getting the basic figure assortments into stores in amounts of more than one case per month.   ::)

That being said, if the rumors of a Titanium Forged Grievous from a while back are true, I'll be the first in line.  ;D