Author Topic: Titanium Series 3.75" Die-Cast Figures  (Read 96450 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Titanium Series 3.75" Forged Figures
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2005, 01:40 AM »
I can't wait for them to combine their two favorite new things, and start giving us some kickass Titanium Holographic figures!!! :P

Shhhh! Don't give them ideas!

But that would be funny to see them attempt, wouldn't it? ;D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 01:42 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2005, 01:46 AM »
What's with all these new lines?!? This is ****** up!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2005, 01:16 PM »
I do not get this either.  No wonder Hasbro is now giving us rehashes and repaints, etc.  They have no money to make regular 3.75 figures with all the new lines they have been producing - Attatix, Force Battlers, Titanium, 2 inch Unleashed, and whatever else.  I mean my goodness. For the money they spent on these new lines we probably could have had an AT-TE or Turbo Tank PLUS new molds of 3.75 figures. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2005, 01:25 PM »
Yeah, I'm not getting all the different lines either...and honestly I really wish Hasbro would streamline the brand a little bit.  Stick to the 3 3/4" line (and accompanying vehicles/beasts/etc), Galactic Heroes line for the wee ones (and some of us), Unleashed for collectors (although that isn't happening apparently, and Gentle Giant/Sideshow will likely get more of everyone's money), and a die cast line of vehicles (or whatever the favorite is among collectors, I don't really buy this stuff).  I can say I'm almost definitely out on this Titanium Series, especially at $15 a pop, and I doubt many others are going to paying that price either.  With some of the decisions and/or rumors we've heard lately about the various lines, I'm really wondering what Hasbro's thinking is on some of these things.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Just to play devil's advocate -- wasn't the Unleashed line very unpopular initially?  Perhaps the same could happen with this line?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Yeah, I believe so...particularly the first wave or so.  They sat, and sat, and sat around here it seemed...and now they fetch pretty decent money on ebay from what I understand.  I actually got the Jango Unleashed for birthday present that year and that was the first I had gotten, and it kind of stemmed from there.  At least we were getting a larger, 6" plus figure for our $15 though, not just a 4" figure made of metal ;).  Of course, you never know, we could all change our tune once these come out.  Some of the droids might have been neat, but otherwise I'm not sure for the other characters...and $15 each will likely be too much for me even if I did like them.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2005, 02:44 PM »
Just to play devil's advocate -- wasn't the Unleashed line very unpopular initially?  Perhaps the same could happen with this line?

At least we were getting a larger, 6" plus figure for our $15 though, not just a 4" figure made of metal ;). Of course, you never know, we could all change our tune once these come out.

Popular-scmopular.   Feh.

I have waaaaay more 3.75" scale plastic Boba Fetts right now than I will ever need and I have no motivation to start over with a brand new 3.75" line...  especially if each figure is at a $15 price point.   >:(

Hasbro, there is no reason to start ANOTHER 3.75" line - especially not a die cast line when, as Matt pointed out, Attakus is doing the same thing!

Good luck to those of you who are excited about this line, but for me this is an easy one to skip.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2005, 03:29 PM »
I guess I don't understand why Hasbro is trying so hard (especially this year) to re-invent itself and offer these new lines.  Overall, the new lines aren't being met with much enthusiasm...and I think the basic line should (does?) do just fine for them if they catered more to collectors, kept the repacks/repaints to a little lower level (and ones that made more sense), and just focused more on the line as a whole.  Whether they want to admit it or not, it is their bread and butter.  Titanium, Force Battlers, Jedi Force, Attacktix, 2" Unleashed, Galactic Heroes, etc....they all have their fans, but when it comes down to it the 3 3/4" line has to be the one that is bought most widely.  Like I said earlier, I'd rather see them scale things down to focus on the 3 3/4" line...even with a more limited figure total per year...with a few vehicles/beasts (or gasp...playsets) thrown in here and there.  Supplement it with a kiddie line (GH), and a "collector" line (Unleashed would have made the most sense), and I think they'd be all set.  I'm not interested in this Titanium line either and would rather see the resources poured into the line that counts ;).

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2005, 10:28 PM »
Now I'm going to HAVE to buy a Titanium Fett as my hold out blast..er weapon.

I'll just wait till they are at the KB Liquidation stored for 10 for a $1.  Fett Throwing stars!
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2005, 09:17 AM »
Good God.  These titanium figures are going to be $14.99????  I hope they do not make to many of them.  There is no way people are gonna go for those if there is an option to pay $5.24 for the regular versions that actually have articulation.  Although I could see them performing ok since they are 3 3/4 figures.  We'll see.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 09:55 AM »
I don't know. The figure itself looks pretty cool and can be useful in certain diaroma settings. I'll have to see what else they have planned and see how they handle skin tones before I make my decision on the line.

BTW, the picture and the links weren't working for me, were there any other pictures aside from the comic-con pictured Boba?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2005, 10:45 AM »
As Pete and I were speculating earlier in the thread, it sure sounds like these $15 price point Metal Figures sure had something to do with the decision to ditch the successful unleashed line...

From RebelScum's SDCC QnA:

"Is Hasbro in fact changing the Unleashed line, and if so why such a drastic change in size? Is there any chance we’ll see some ‘special’ old style 7” figures released for fans of that scale?

A change is coming for a number of reasons, some having to do with price point issues at retail, more will be revealed as Hasbro outlines their plans for 2006 during Friday’s panel. While there are no plans for more 7” Unleashed figures beyond what’s been announced, Hasbro would not rule out the possibility of more at some point in the future."[/
quote]

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2005, 12:21 PM »
Yeah - the idea of having multiple action figure lines at the same price point is something Hasbro wants to avoid.

I think that once we're done with the ROTS Deluxe Figures, the Force Battlers (at least for a time) will be the defacto $9.99 price point item. With the new Forged figures being the $15.99 price point item.

They probably were told by the retail chains that they would support only one line at the $15.99 price point and since the 3.75" moves well, they probably figure that will help move this line moreso than the 7" Unleashed figures.

They are probably mostly right too - many collectors stick to the mantra "3.75 inch figures only" and while these "forged" figures aren't made of plastic they still fall under that magic scale. I know that personally, like the 3.75" lemming that I am, while I don't collect the rest of the Titanium line, I will be collecting these Titanium Forged figures as long as they are released in the 3.75" scale. If they dropped the scale down to 2", I'd pass, if they raised the scale to 7" (and of course raise the price point), I'd pass. So some decisions that have been made with the line do have logical reasoning behind them, however, why the line was developed in the first place is what bothers me.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2005, 01:59 PM »
As Pete and I were speculating earlier in the thread, it sure sounds like these $15 price point Metal Figures sure had something to do with the decision to ditch the successful unleashed line...

From RebelScum's SDCC QnA:

"Is Hasbro in fact changing the Unleashed line, and if so why such a drastic change in size? Is there any chance we’ll see some ‘special’ old style 7” figures released for fans of that scale?

A change is coming for a number of reasons, some having to do with price point issues at retail, more will be revealed as Hasbro outlines their plans for 2006 during Friday’s panel. While there are no plans for more 7” Unleashed figures beyond what’s been announced, Hasbro would not rule out the possibility of more at some point in the future."

What kind of crap is that? So they cancelled a highly popular series of LARGE figures to make room for a series of lousy SMALL figures at the same price point that will almost certainly wither and die on the pegs? Hello?? Aren't consumers a lot more likely to pay $15 for a big item than something 1/2 the scale and 1/20 the mass?

Peter's above assessment is probably correct, but it's just stupid to me. I still can't get over the fact they cancelled the Unleashed, which were arguably more popular than even the 3.75" line (in terms of collector excitement and enthusiasm). It boggles the mind.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 02:02 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2005, 03:28 PM »
Does anyone else question whether Hasbro really needs to have the Unleashed at $15 anyway?  Aren't they fairly identical in scale, articulation and size to McFarlane figures?  Doesn't matter whether you're talking Twisted Oz, Sportspicks or Elvis, the McFarlane stuff is equivalent at 2/3 the price.  I would have thought that the UL stuff would have had that tidy additional $5 margin.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.