Author Topic: Titanium Series 3.75" Die-Cast Figures  (Read 96475 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Series 3.75" Forged Figures
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2007, 06:26 PM »
The shocking part comes from the product they showed at the Con to now where it looks unlikely to be released. I'm totally with you on the price point...I'm sure it's a major contributor to their demise..a large consensus would likely agree on that one. You're basically paying 'Old style' Unleashed price for a 3 3/4" metal fig...to me the unleashed were far more detailed..and I don't think the 'metal' factor balances the cost out. That said, I liked the line and am dissapointed with this news.

DS

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2007, 11:25 AM »
Well, the JD's Q&A confirms it that the line is on it's last legs. Too bad, there are a few pieces I would liked to have had (Snowtrooper and Cylon.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Wow, that sucks. I still havnt gotten ig88 yet, and now ill never be able to get him.  :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2007, 12:40 PM »
So, how many figures were shown that weren't released from this line?  It seems like there were more announced than there were released at this point.  This is what I can recall off the top of my head:

-Clone Trooper (Geonosis Captain; from SDCC)
-R2-D2 (Invisible Hand; from SDCC)
-Darth Maul (packaged samples exist)
-Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot; packaged samples exist)
-Clone Trooper (Utapau; from Hasbro's site)
-Han Solo (from Hasbro's site)
-Darth Vader (version 2; from Hasbro's site)
-Snowtrooper (from Hasbro's site)
-Jango Fett (was up for preorder at many sites)
-The Battlestar Galactica character (not SW, but announced officially several times)

Then you've got the last two waves of figures which, for all intents and purposes, might as well have remained unreleased considering how little they were seen (501st Clone, IG-88, Grievous, and Threepio), and four figures that WERE released (Fett, Vader, Bossk, and the ST).

So, out of a grand total of 18 figures (I'm not counting variants), four were released in abundance, four were released but impossible to find, and 10 were announced and will probably never be released. 

What killed the line?  High prices?  Poor availability?  Lack of character selection?  Timeliness of releases?  Fox News?  All of the above?  None of the above?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2007, 01:24 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and say high prices - coupled with the fact that the figures featured limited to no ariticulation.

It was a bad idea from the start.  We already had these characters in 3.75" scale, at darn near 75% of the price.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 01:25 PM by ruiner »

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2007, 03:19 PM »
For the 4 that are impossible to find, Two words: 

Collector's Item ;D

Still I have 2 of the 4 that are in great numbers available :(, but still the hunt goes on for the rest of the 6.... :P
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2007, 04:26 PM »
-Darth Maul (packaged samples exist)
-Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot; packaged samples exist)

Um, there's more than packaged examples of these around.  Not that I was following this line, but I was at a small, rural store yesterday and saw both Maul and Luke sitting blithely on the shelf right beside IG-88 and the 501st dude.   :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2007, 04:45 PM »
Nice find, did you pick them up?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2007, 05:01 PM »
Of course not ::) 

I confess to not following the line at all.  I had read rumblings of its demise to some extent, but wasn't following what was around and wasn't.  The Luke was actually pretty nice too, with the launcher for the attachment to the AT-AT in his hands.  First time I've seen that and it would be a funky accessory for the regular 3.75" line. 

I'll keep looking for them though, it can't be the only place to get them, can it?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2007, 09:02 PM »
i spotted some spiderman titanium figures, well green goblin and doc oc anyways. i guess they don't think its such a dead end series, since they are making new ones. :-\

( i don't know if the marvel ones are new or old though. I'm just guessing they are new because i have never seen these figures before)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 13, 2007, 09:26 AM »
With none of these on display at TF, that really puts the nail in the coffin on these. Wonder if any later waves will show up at big lots or other discount stores.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #221 on: February 13, 2007, 10:25 AM »
Wonder if any later waves will show up at big lots or other discount stores.

Hasbro said they may show up in the future, but right now they have no plans to release anything past the 3PO/Grievous wave in the USA.  They did say that some samples of the Luke/Maul are out there, but the rest will most likely never see the light of day.

It's pretty obvious looking at Hasbro Toy Fair that all their Titanium Figure resources are being used by Transformers and Spider-Man/Ghost-Rider/Marvel because of the upcoming movies.  I guess they didn't want to stretch the market too thin so they dropped SW...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2007, 09:27 AM »
Bummer. I really wanted the Cylon.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 14, 2007, 12:03 PM »
It seems that Casefresh in Australia got some cases of the last wave of production Titanium.  Among them are Darth Maul, Luke Skywalker and the Cylon.  They're out there, but very limited.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2007, 07:40 AM »
While shopping TRU.com for BOGO offers, I picked up a clone trooper and IG-88. They both came in the vintage finish. Not what I was hoping for, but I only picked them up because they were 1/2 price and I was getting a couple of VTSC raiders to get another George trooper. I see the IG-88 is still in stock, but it is not listed as vintage. The clone trooper appears to be gone-