Author Topic: RE #21 - The Chancellor's Gift  (Read 19873 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: RE #21 - The Chancellor's Gift
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 11:48 PM »

Smartypants1635 - Assassination... who could it be?  Rykrof isn't the only one on Naboo that could be a target.  But it could be Rykrof - you'll find out soon, and there might be a main character death soon.
well that stinks, I'm so excited to read the next that I keep thinking of dif. scenarios.

I was really surprised to see that it was Valorum in the cloaks and not someone else. My only Nit pick is the one pic where Rykrof and Rallbar are watching the troops go by, and the one that it is cropped from. Their Eyes seem Kinda funky. I know you dabble with the Eyes to get them to look at things but a simple repositioning of the head would be fine in that case.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 04:02 PM »
Exceptional update CHEWIE, nice "filler" chapter. I thought it woud've been neat if you did a headswap with the Bacta Luke and Rykrof head, and put Rykrof in the bacta tank during the rehab scenes.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2006, 11:27 AM »
Thanks guys.  On that one pic with the eyes when the troopers walked past, I guess I was wanting them to be looking out of the corner of their eyes and thought the eye positions would do more talking than a head position?

On the Bacta idea, I came so close to doing something like that... in fact I had shot some initial pics with a bacta tank and that Luke body used.  What held me back was two things -

(1) I couldn't get the Bacta Tank to look non-Hoth like... I didn't want to look like a total copy of a Rebel owned version.

(2) Rykrof was beat up pretty good at the end of the last chapter, but I don't think he was in the helpless condition that Luke was in after his escape from the Wampa.  So I didn't want to risk over-dramatizing his condition.

Hope that makes sense.   :-\

:P

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 07:43 PM »
I'd like to echo what In Rem said about the black eye. Good idea leaving that in.

I know you want criticism, so I'll try not to sound like a broken record saying "Great job!" for now on... ;)

I thought that the chat between Palpy and Rykrof could have been shortened. For the most part it was just summarizing what happened in the last chapter. I like the idea that Palpy had a private chat with Rykrof though. He seems to be showing a lot of interest in Rykrof (just like he did with Anakin). Maybe he'll try to use him as a pawn? It was also odd that Palpy demanded Rykrof go home...almost as if he was trying to get him out of his hair, or putting him right where he wants him...

Overall the episode seemed pretty calm, like the weather before a storm. I sense that the next installment will be one not to miss!

WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #19 on: April 3, 2006, 11:42 AM »
hey chewie

it has been a long time since i last came and comment your work.

I have to say it's as amazing as ever. i especially like the background characters added during the valorum scene.

"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 08:04 PM »
I stopped reading at  RE #13  and finally read all the way up to this point.

The Dathomir stories were excellent, and very well done. Probably some of the best photo work you've done.

And I like how the Aqualish helped Rykrof Escape, but I never would have guessed him getting iced that way. So it was a double surprise.

I like how you have Vallorum wandering around, it reminds me of the comci where he was speaking with Bail and Mon.

I was also wondering about this, but do you have a set time for when these all take place? I thought it would be cool if at the begining of a chapter there was a timeframe like one year into the war... or some such.

I really can't wait to see more, and am sorry that it took me so long to finally read these.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 02:06 PM »
Aren't we a bit over due for a new chapter?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 08:45 PM »
Im afraid youll have to check over at Yakface for new chapters. :'(

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 01:10 PM »
Thanks Ennis.  Any explaination for not posting them here?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 07:17 PM »
Hey Matt,

I haven't made any new chapters in the series in a while.  Since February or so I have been going back and redoing the originals for a feature at www.yakface.com.  I had posted the first 7 redos here and need to update with the next ones.

Some people ask me why I am redoing the originals.  It's mainly because I was invited to be a staff member at Yakface a while back, and this granted me an opportunity for more exposure.  With this I wanted to make the quality better, especially considering the support I received from the staff there - I didn't want to let them down.   I'm very loyal to the people who supported me and can't express my appreciation for those that have given me such a great opportunity to expose my stories to a large audience.  I've also been very busy working there so I've spent most of my forum time and have been dedicating most of my free time there.

When I first started making the Rykrof Enloe series about 2 years ago, the quality was pretty subpar.  A couple people told me that they thought the series was overrated.  I didn't want to start the feature off with poor quality at Yakface, or I was afraid of there being a severe lack of interest in them by the readers and I felt like I could do a lot better. 

For example here is a difference in quality from then and now -

Chapter 1 - 2004

Chapter 1 - 2006

And another example -

Chapter 11 - 2005

Chapter 11 - 2006

Chapter 11 is still being updated and will be complete soon.  I'm going back and redoing probably a few more, then I plan on picking up on #22.  So it may not look like it here, but I've been very active with the photonovels the past 6 months - actually busier than I ever have been.  I know the quality could be a lot better and I'm not the most talented person at these, but it's all in good fun.  I try to get better on each one that I do.

Thanks for asking, and sorry for any confusion.  If you want to see the redos, I can give you links to them for both here and at Yakface.

:P
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:11 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 07:34 PM »
I like! Can't wait for the next update!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 1, 2006, 11:20 PM »
Chewie,Awesome as always!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2007, 01:17 PM »
I was just reading this and I thought I'd bump up this episode so people that need to can catch up. Sounds like new ones are coming very soon. I can't wait!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007, 12:36 AM »
Thanks Quack!   The new ones are right around the corner, chapter 20 is almost done and I can start on the redo for chapter 21 soon... I do have a lot to work to do on chapter 22 (the first new one) but it should be up in the fall... whoo hoo!!!

;)