Author Topic: WIP Mawhonic  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
WIP Mawhonic
« on: March 17, 2006, 10:23 AM »
Hi everyone,
I have for you today a almost finished sculpt of Mawhonic, the podracker from Episode 1. This is another part Hasbro part original sculpt figure. The Head, hands, and feet are from the Ask Aak figure from ROTS line. The body is sculpted by me. The neck post is a quick cast of the Ask Aak figure using the impression method into sculpty clay. I do have a general question for those of us that sculpt our figures in clay and wax: At what point in the figure production should articulation be put in, at the clay stage, at the wax stage or at the urethane resin stage? I am not sure if I should do the articulation details into the clay piece or cast it in wax then put in the articulation detail? Any comments would be appreciated. Anyway, here is the picture (I grouped different views into one picture this time
).

Jedi_Master_Ben

"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: WIP Mawhonic
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 10:40 AM »
Damn, that's a really, really good custom you have going.  Similar to the one Ricky UK made.  I like how your version seems a bit more bulky, and the detail is AMAZING. Something I've never worked much in is sculpting.

:P