Author Topic: Custom Works By Jedi_Master_Ben  (Read 19369 times)

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
Re: Custom Works By Jedi_Master_Ben
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2006, 06:32 AM »
Hey everyone,

I have a quick update and image for you today. I have a WIP Cheyang head from Farscape posted over at the alien head progress thread. Here is the head on whats left of the Ask Aak figure. Consider this to be a Cheyang Senator.

This one I need your input on baddly. I sculpted the helmet off seeing that customizers would want the choice of helmet or non-helmet like the picture above. I found this poduction still of the mask under construction which allowed me to create a clean head without any accessories sculpted on it. Also, once casted I could go back and sculpt the helmet on and make a seperate cast and two versions. So, I am asking you all, what would you recommend I should do with this head?

Thanks for your input,

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2006, 09:02 AM »
Dude I'd say do both with and without.
Definately no other way to go,cause it adds so much versatility.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2006, 03:39 PM »
G'Kar is very nice, YOu are belting these out everyday.
Great work.

The Cheyang head, is perfect on that Ask Ask body.

Since this is already off to a great start, you should adapt it to your own
made up alien species.
Or better yet, go to the Star wars guide to aliens and thumb through it
and use it to create one of those who we havent seen yet.

I need to get back to sculpting regularly...I love seeing your updates.

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2006, 12:07 AM »
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to update the list withh the Verpine head WIP image and not to waist a posting, here is a Verpine Jedi that I put together.

I used the Geneosius pilot body since that was the only one that had a ball joint. I used this body because it best fit the look of this alien that I saw in the refrence pictures. Now I know I am missing the attenna and manuables, don't worry, this only a WIP. Let me know what you think.

I will be working on the female Twi'lek heads this weekend and shoud be posting images as I finish a rough sculpt.

See you all later,

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 1, 2006, 12:52 PM »
Hey everyone,

I made some improvments to the Verpine head. I narrowed the head, added more detail, added the manuables and the anttennas. This one is ready for the mold. I will refine the sculpt in wax before making the final mold. Detailed head shots have been updated at the my alien head post. Here is the Verpine head on a GEONOSIAN pilot body. And the Verpine Jedi.

Let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by.

Jedi_Master_Ben
« Last Edit: April 1, 2006, 01:33 PM by Jedi_Master_Ben »

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 1, 2006, 01:32 PM »
I think the Verpine looks really great! I saw the ref pic over at RS, you nailed it!
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #36 on: April 1, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Mate you are awesome thats looks excellent well done.

Ron

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 2, 2006, 01:33 AM »
Hey everyone,

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. ;D  I just posted detailed head shot of the female Twi'lek head over at my alien head list. Here her head on AAYLA SECURA body, creating a new Twi'lek Jedi Knight.

I hope you all will enjoy this sculpt.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 2, 2006, 01:47 AM »
I posted over on your other section but again great work mate even looks better on the body

Ron

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 2, 2006, 01:54 AM »
Nice one, looks like you are using the proper base figures for your head sculpts. Cannot wait to see them completed.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 2, 2006, 08:56 AM »

the Twi'lek looks great.  However, I would also like to see a "neutral" vversion of her with the tendrils both down.  That would allow the figure to look more "generic"  It would be cool to have one of each head b/c then you could head swap and get multiple versions of the same figure.

Keep up the great work.  I can't believe how quickly you can churn out such high quality sculpts.

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 2, 2006, 11:48 PM »
Hey everyone,

Well, I am back again with another update. This time it is the second female Twi'lek head sculpt. The head is designed after the generic female Twi'lek from the SW Galaxey video game. The head is mounted on a Mon Mothma body. Here is a Twi'lek Senator.

Now I did have other plans for this head, but alot of people has asked for a generic female head, not so personalized. So this is the first stage. The head will be casted and then I will finnish the sculpt with this headdress I found online. Here is a pic of the headdress.

Comments are greatlly appriciated.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 3, 2006, 02:33 AM »
Hi everyone,

I got another sculpt head for you today. This is the male Twi'lek sculpt. This one was a quick one. I started this sculpt out by doing a clay impression of a gi joe head. I liked the way the mouth was opened. I cut the peg and hollowed out the head and stuck it on a han solo body. From this point on, I sculpted the rest. The only thing left of the joe is the eyes and mouth. everything else had to be modified for the Twi'lek.  This is what I came up with, the Twi'lek smuggler:

I hope you will like it.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 3, 2006, 02:54 AM »
Ben, I don't even know where to begin.  These heads are just outstanding.  You really bring something to the table that most of us can't do.  These heads on these bodies are really a sight to see.  Especially the Verpine.  Good God, that is awesome!

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 3, 2006, 03:18 AM »
Yet another great update mate and I have to admit that I'm very impressed with how fast you can make these heads a still have such great detail to them.
   The two Twi'lek heads are great and I always like the fact that you make each one with different expression as always mate very well done indeed.

Ron