Author Topic: EE Exclusive Comic Packs  (Read 30684 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: EE Exclusive Comic Packs
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2010, 09:24 PM »
Got my shipping notice tonight. :)

The case listing still says "Coming in November", but I expect they will be listed as 'in-stock' soon.  If you're thinking about ordering, you may want to wait a bit - if you can grab them when they tick over to "in-stock" you may be able to take advantage of the free shipping deal they have going on now  (free ship on $99+ orders).

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2010, 10:49 AM »
Saw the front page report and went I went checked on my status - still coming in November.  I pre-ordered mine during the window of opportunity EE was giving to save $10 on the set of 4.  My order date was 7/15/10

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 3, 2010, 10:01 PM »
I was just starting to wonder about these... no shipping notice for me yet, and no charge to my card.  I'd be thrilled if they didn't get around to it until after the holiday quite frankly.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: December 4, 2010, 11:11 PM »
My buddy out here ordered a case for us to split, and I opened one pack so far...

Lemme tell ya, I'm underwhelmed by this one set.  The Baron Fel/Isarrd set.  It's really kind of a piece of ****, to be blunt.

Isarrd is as good as it gets in the set, and that's sad since she's a new head on an old body.

Fel, they just arne't doing anything right with this figure, and this one is pretty much as bad as the first.  I'm bummed that, as near as I can tell, we won't ever get a decent Fel figure.  May have to add some detail to my thoughts on this item.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 5, 2010, 11:54 AM »
Captain Piet and I shared an order of a case for each of us to save on shipping.

We met up Friday night so we could split up the shipment so that we both ended up with a MOC set and an opener set.

Anyway, I opened up all four this morning and I agree with Jesse - the Fel set is pretty weak and while I do like the extra pilot helmet and the removeable Imperial Cap, there's really nothing else "great" about this set.

My favorite set is hands down the Jarael/Dyre set with the Darth Nihl/Deliah Blue set coming in second. It's very easy to appreciate two sets where the figures are 100% new and feature a ton of articulation and great sculpts. The Nihl feels a tad small to me, but I'll have to see how he stands next to Talon and Krayt in the comics to see if he's just smaller in stature.

The two Mando set is also nice with a nice mix of new and old parts that work well together.

All-in-all, these four comic packs make me really miss this sub-line. It's a shame it didn't do better in the stores.

I really hope that the Luke in White Pilot Gear/Early Adventures Han Solo makes it out at some point, I wouldn't mind having either of those figures in my collection.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2010, 12:20 PM »
my order is now processing   8)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2010, 11:17 PM »
and now it is shipped   :)