Author Topic: Fan's Choice Returns - 2006 ToyFare Poll  (Read 143732 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Fan's Choice Returns
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2006, 10:14 AM »
True enough. However, there is such a thing as taking the high road.

Is it the high road or is it conceding defeat before even starting the battle? :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2006, 10:51 AM »
True enough. However, there is such a thing as taking the high road.

Is it the high road or is it conceding defeat before even starting the battle? :P

I agree that this is already set up.  Would'nt it be a pisser if Maul won :P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2006, 11:13 AM »
No doubt

They'll 'make' the winner out of who they were gonna make anyway ::)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Please Vote Willrow Hood
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2006, 10:51 AM »
I finally made my choice, and I chose Darth Malak.  This was a tough poll, because I think there were a number of good choices.  Here's my methodology...

The Clones - Both of these Clones are bound to be made.  Hasbro has come to recognize just how much of a market there is for Clone Troopers, so I think that both Commander Neyo and the Galactic Marine are bound to be made by Hasbro within at least the next couple of years.

Luke Throne Room Duel - This figure has got to be in the pipeline.  There's been enough whining and complaining about it that it's bound to be made in a form that's similar to that of the VOTC line.  Just give it some time.

Ultimate Darth Maul - This figure's already been done.  You know, in the Sith Lords Evolution set.

Kir Kanos - The rumors have been around since last year that this is going to be an Entertainment Earth exclusive.  Why waste the vote?

Quinlan Vos - Out of all of the EU figures, I think this one has the best likelihood of being made.

Clone Wars Padme - I think the Clone Wars animated line has some legs.  The demand for the WalMart 3-packs was pretty serious.  There are bound to be some more Clone Wars animated figures at some point, and I think Padme is bound to be part of that.

Padme in black leather - Uhhhh... why does this sound like a fanboy's disgusting little fantasy?  Just the seediness of this makes me turn away from it.

Dead Padme - Yeah, this is what we need.  An action figure of a CORPSE.  An action figure of a woman who died in childbirth.  How pleasant.   ::)

The NJO characters - I hate to lump them all together, but I really have no connection with the NJO characters.  As such I can't invest the vote with these characters.

Kyle Katarn - We already have a Kyle Katarn.  Do we really need another?

Mara Jade Skywalker - Same deal as Kyle Katarn.  I'd rather have an all new figure than another version of a character that I don't read that much about.

Corran Horn - I seriously thought about voting for Horn.  I've heard the name over and over again, but the thing is, I haven't read a single thing featuring Corran Horn.  Haven't read about you, not voting for you.  Sorry dude.

Hermi Odle - This figure very nearly got my vote.  I think that a fan poll would put this figure over the top.  In fact, I think this one may win the poll, or at the very least get some serious consideration from Hasbro at some point in time.  I decided to invest my vote otherwise.

Yarna d'al Gargan - There have been a lot of calls for this figure over the years.  Why, I don't know.  This is quite possibly the ugliest character ever in the Star Wars universe.  And franky, I don't want to get that vomit taste in my mouth when I look at my Jabba's palace diorama.

Ice Cream Maker Guy - I know there's been a buzz about this guy from a number of collectors on a number of forums.  But you know what?  It's not even a choice for me.  It's kitschy and weird, but seriously, this is like having a Marvel Avengers or Fantastic Four toy line and having a Willie Lumpkin (the mailman) figure.  It's become an inside joke and just isn't that funny, just as most inside jokes aren't funny.

The KOTOR characters - This is where I decided to invest my vote.  I weighed the choices pretty well.  There's Darth Nihilus.  He's an incredibly cool looking character.  But he doesn't seem that important in the grand scheme of KOTOR II.  Darth Sion seems like a better choice, but he didn't even make the finals.  HK-47 is cool, but definitely an ancillary character.  Bastilla is cool, but not as important a character as the two Sith lords in this game.  Revan?  You ARE Revan if you've ever played KOTOR.  Thing is you just don't know it until late in the game, and the character isn't readily identifiable since there are a number of variables you can choose in building your player character.  The only option is to choose Revan as his Dark Lord persona with a mask.  You only get to see that in flashbacks.  With all of that in mind, I chose Darth Malak.  He seems like the most identifiable of the KOTOR characters.  Here's hoping that he wins.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 10:53 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2006, 02:22 PM »

Quinlan Vos lets people work through their problems.

Willrow Hood runs away from his problems.

VOS IS BOSS IN '06!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2006, 03:56 PM »

VOS IS BOSS IN '06!

Kevin

Funnier than hell.   ;)

:P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2006, 04:01 PM »

A person of nobility and worthy of selection of Fan's Choice would have saved poor stupid Jar Jar from Sebulba instead of just sitting and watching.  You should be ashamed Kevin.  >:(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2006, 04:07 PM »

VOS IS BOSS IN '06!

Kevin

Yeah , that's a fair logical comparison....
" the empire is taking over the city you should evacuate immediately"
...really ICMG shouldn't run..he should face his problems and face the empire with his ICM and commit guaranteed suicide ::)

Meanwhile..with jediskills and a lightsaber..Vos can pretty much choose what he wants to do...including finish off his subway's sandwitch :P

Are you as big as an ******* in the real world as you are here?

Seriously. Try and come off as less of a dick

That analogy was illogical and unneeded

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2006, 04:11 PM »
Oh come on, people are taking this WAY to seriously.  Kevin's joking... it's a JOKE.  Why are people getting so offended and calling each other names over this?  I really think some people need to quit the name calling and take things a little more light hearted.

What a shame.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2006, 04:16 PM »

A person of nobility and worthy of selection of Fan's Choice would have saved poor stupid Jar Jar from Sebulba instead of just sitting and watching.  You should be ashamed Kevin.  >:(

Perhaps I should have added one of these at the end of my post -  ;).  All in good fun.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Jesse, my comment wasn't directed at you.  I know well enough to know you're joking around and a "mad smiley" is no big deal.

I just don't see why some other people are calling members names over the whole fans choice deal and are showing such hate for someone because they have a differnet opinion (or have a sense of humor). 

It's happened in two threads about this now in the past 24 hours, here towards Kevin and in another towards me.    I'm wondering if I should just stay in the customizing section maybe where I usually do, because I'm close to saying some things I probably shouldn't and don't want to offend anyone.

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2006, 04:26 PM »
Holy Cr@p, Batman!  I don't think Chewie's reply was to your comment Jesse.  I was going to stay out of all the various forums for a simple fan choice figure.  Darth Slothus, you can't be serious here???  Sorry to call you out, but your post was totally out of line for someone that has been around long enough to post 1200+ posts.  Kevin's post was all in good fun and I found it amusing.  I'm not using my vote for EU, cuz that's just not me, but I understand why any EU fan would.  If I was creative enough and one of the choices stood out enough for me to rally support, I'd hope I could come up with something like that for my "candidate".

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2006, 04:28 PM »
It's happened in two threads about this now in the past 24 hours, here towards Kevin and in another towards me.

I didn't call you any names.  I said you were being dense, which you were. 

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2006, 04:29 PM »
I think Justins comment was more directed at Slothus just below you.

I'll glady reply in a civilized manner:

Yeah , that's a fair logical comparison....
" the empire is taking over the city you should evacuate immediately"
...really ICMG shouldn't run..he should face his problems and face the empire with his ICM and commit guaranteed suicide

Meanwhile..with jediskills and a lightsaber..Vos can pretty much choose what he wants to do...including finish off his subway's sandwitch

Are you as big as an ******* in the real world as you are here?

Seriously. Try and come off as less of a dick

That analogy was illogical and unneeded

Oh, gee. You got me. You used my favorite character, and brought up my business without actually mentioning it, and oh, ****, the misspelling of "Sandwich" on my business' sign. Plus you tried to use my own words against me. Good play.

Thank you obi-dad, Jesse, and Justin for having a God damned sense of humor. Matt, thanks for clearing up that about not name calling, as well, so I didn't need to. Urb, thank you for proving me right.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2006, 04:31 PM »
your words kev