Author Topic: Fan's Choice Returns - 2006 ToyFare Poll  (Read 143744 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Fan's Choice Returns
« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2006, 11:48 PM »
If Yarna wins I'll be pissed. A six-breasted ugly fat dancer. Great toy. Little Billy will just love to play with a six-breasted ugly fat dancer. And why would anyone want Padme Funeral? A figure of a corpse. Little Billy will just love it.

Personally, I voted for Yarna.  If people were all that concerned that fat and ugly figures not get made, we'd never have a Jabba or Rancor keeper figure.  As far as I'm concerned, I hope they all get made.  I won't buy a single EU figure myself, but if it keeps the line alive and the figures don't peg-warm, then I'm all for that.  I've forgotten most of the list, but the only figure I'm really excited to see is Hermi.  I'd much rather see any of the top 10 from  the three 2004 Defender Wishlists for the OT movies get made than at least 90% of the figures on the poll.
Yes,but Jabba & the Rancor Keeper don't have 6 boobs & kids like Jabba. :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2006, 11:53 PM »
I'm with you obi-dad, I'd much rather have most of the eventual top 30 of the OT portion of the Wishlists over 20 of the top 25 figures.

I totally do not understand the utter disdain people have for Willrow Hood though.  He's a background filler (see any Jabba's or Cantina Alien, Prequel Senator etc), he's human (see Lobot, Wuher, the Tonnika Sisters, BoShek etc) he didn't speak (see almost all of the above)

He's from ESB which needs more figures, as Jeff points out, he may be the key to getting cool new Bespin figures like a new Han, Luke or Ugnaught and he has the coolest accessory in the Trilogy

I don't care if you don't vote for him, I myself personally will not be upset if Yarna or Hermi or any of the 3 Padme's win, but stop with the "He doesn't even belong on the list"  "Who the hell voted for him"  "These people flooded the list to begin with"

Show me another figure out there with as much cult support or a petition with over 1000 signatures asking for it to be made.  There isn't one...stop the hate, is all I ask

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2006, 11:57 PM »
I don't hate him one bit Scott.  I am for an ICMG figure, he's just not my top choice.  I'm a Yarna fan myself.  Yes she's ugly, and fat.  But I remember seeing the character in theatres when I was 6 years old in 1983, and looked at Toy Chest (old St. Louis toy store) for her figure when I was a youngling.  So I have a fond memory there.

But I agree, quit bashing the character, or other characters someone wants made.  And don't bash each other over this.  Have some fun with this.

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2006, 12:06 AM »

Quinlan Vos packs a lightsaber, capable of cutting down any competition that gets in his way. He fought in several battles, emerging victoriously.

Willrow Hood runs away from competition.

VOS IS BOSS in '06!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2006, 12:09 AM »
Is it supposed to be funnier the second time?

???
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2006, 12:11 AM »
Kevin's post is in good fun, and I find it funny.  If anyone can make any that build up ICMG and diss Vos, those would be fun too.  If I have time I'll try and make one pro/con for a few characters.  Just don't get offended when someone throws out some harmless fun.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #216 on: March 20, 2006, 12:12 AM »
Not offended, CHEWIE, just wondering where the funny is. 

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 20, 2006, 12:27 AM »
Not offended, CHEWIE, just wondering where the funny is. 

Look at this picture:

Look how Quinlan Vos sits there so majestically presiding over the battle unfolding before him between 2 such deadly combatants.  Look how he bides his time calmly, even in the face of such danger to his own life.  You can't teach majesty and bravery like that, and Quinlan Vos just has it.

Now look at this ****.  Just look at it:

Willrow running scared for his life in the face of far less dangerous enemies than Sebulba and Jar Jar.  And he still didn't have the courage to stand and hurl Soft Serve at Imperials as they approach.

Where is the humor Bill Cosby asks?  Well, I think we all know the answer now.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2006, 12:35 AM »
See, the first time was hilarious.

The second time?  Not so much.

(Oh, and I think a post of mine's gone missing. . .)   :-\
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 12:38 AM by Bill Cosby »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 20, 2006, 12:38 AM »
If you don't find it funny Matt, thats your deal.

So long as one person other than myself finds humor in it, my job is done.

Vote for Vos.

Kevin

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #220 on: March 20, 2006, 12:42 AM »
But, it's like the same joke!  It's the forum equivalent of Weekend at Bernie's 2.

Bag on Willrow all you want, if you must--all I ask is that you just change it up a little.  You know, keep it fresh, original.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2006, 12:46 AM »
But, it's like the same joke!  It's the forum equivalent of Weekend at Bernie's 2.

Bag on Willrow all you want, if you must--all I ask is that you just change it up a little.  You know, keep it fresh, original.

Fine. Next one involves VD, so it should be a good one.

Vote for Vos!

Kevin

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2006, 01:06 AM »
I'd much rather have ICMG over Yarna,in fact I probally wouldn't buy yarna.As long as ICMG has a chair & a table,he'd be okay with me so I can display him giving ice cream to the cast of the whole saga. :P
*fast voice*This message brought to you by vote for Commander Neyo or someone who is not Yarna becuase she'd be a total pegwarming waste of plastic.This message was not produced by Commander Neyo,but by a clone commander freak no offense taken to anyone who likes Yarna *Commercial add changes* :D

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2006, 10:32 AM »
I like Kevin ads for fan choice figure.  Even though I like both characters for very different reasons, I find the ads funny.

At the end of the day the facts are the facts and they cannot be disputed.  One character is a badass jedi while the other runs for his life from the Empire.

I do not know what I like the most, the possibility of these characters being made into plastic or the fact that people are bickering over toys. :o
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2006, 01:28 PM »
I'd go with the characters might be made into plastic becuase people bicker over toys alot.