Author Topic: Fan's Choice Returns - 2006 ToyFare Poll  (Read 143790 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Fan's Choice Returns
« Reply #345 on: June 23, 2006, 12:26 PM »
I'd believe a Clone based simply on the number of people I've seen go nuts over the possibility of one...  And the number of people who just don't seem to get that Hasbro KNOWS those are a cashcow and can sell them till our collection rooms are overflowing with them.

A Clone will be a disappointment simply because it'll be a wasted effort on the "fan's" part.

That is like the Imperial Scan Crew member, right? That was a big waste. It might have been different if Hasbro would have given us a new sculpt, but a repack for a Fan Choice is ridiculous. If a clone wins, it only shows that the fans (general public) don't have a clue on what is going on.
roron corobb

My thoughts exactly. I fear that whoever wins, would have beena  figure we would have gotten eventually. As much as i want Yarna to win, if she were not to win and the ice cream maker guy did, at least it wopul dbe a figure that would never be made other wise. I really believe that Yarna and Willrow probably got the highest votes. Doesnt mean they will be declared winners.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 12:27 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 23, 2006, 03:30 PM »
Since Toyfare is being released in a couple weeks, when would they start printing this magazine?  You would think the answer would leak within a day of the magazine being printed ???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 23, 2006, 03:38 PM »
I'd believe a Clone based simply on the number of people I've seen go nuts over the possibility of one...  And the number of people who just don't seem to get that Hasbro KNOWS those are a cashcow and can sell them till our collection rooms are overflowing with them.

A Clone will be a disappointment simply because it'll be a wasted effort on the "fan's" part.

That is like the Imperial Scan Crew member, right? That was a big waste. It might have been different if Hasbro would have given us a new sculpt, but a repack for a Fan Choice is ridiculous. If a clone wins, it only shows that the fans (general public) don't have a clue on what is going on.
roron corobb

My thoughts exactly. I fear that whoever wins, would have beena  figure we would have gotten eventually. As much as i want Yarna to win, if she were not to win and the ice cream maker guy did, at least it wopul dbe a figure that would never be made other wise. I really believe that Yarna and Willrow probably got the highest votes. Doesnt mean they will be declared winners.

Amen.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 23, 2006, 10:10 PM »
Eh,I'm starting think the next choice will be either Yarna or Willwrow....Pegwarmer galore!If Mual whens,I'll be disapointed.Now that I think of it my vote was a waste(for Neyo). :-\
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 24, 2006, 12:29 AM »
Maul didn't win. Dan Curto has been hinting who didn't win for a few weeks now, and Maul is one of those that he mentioned.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 1, 2006, 04:56 PM »
Who else?

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 1, 2006, 06:00 PM »
I don't remember all of them, but I do remember he said Maul, DS2 Luke, Any Padme, and Kir Kanos.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #352 on: July 3, 2006, 03:59 PM »
Eh,I'm starting think the next choice will be either Yarna or Willwrow....Pegwarmer galore!If Mual whens,I'll be disapointed.Now that I think of it my vote was a waste(for Neyo). :-\

I would buy 6 Willrow's and 2 Yarna's. I want my Willrow!
He will be great for customs too! So he may not warm pegs as bad as you might think.....even Gummy Mundi, Derlins and Lushros move eventually.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 3, 2006, 05:12 PM »
even Gummy Mundi, Derlins and Lushros move eventually.

No, Derlins never move. EVER.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #354 on: July 3, 2006, 09:07 PM »
I personally think Derlin's fate was dealt him more because Hasbro decided to make a figure that not only had a bit of dullness to him but he also just didn't "wow" you out of $7 when you look at him.  Case in point, he shipped seemingly equally well with General Veers...  Veers is equally boring though, let's face facts.  However, somehow Veers outsells Derlin...  I think while fans want both figures for different reasons that drive collectors to buy all the time, Veers was the better POP sell than Derlin was...  Veers came with "stuff".  Derlin came with a gun that's so small you could barely make it out in the packaging. 

Both are equal figures but obviously Veers outmatched Derlin by a hefty margin for "stuff".  And as such it seems Derlin sits and Veers sold slowly but steadily.  We had walls of Veers till the TRU sale...  After that he sold steadily everywhere else too.  Now I don't think I've seen one in quite a bit actually.  Derlin I see, but not to the extent I used to, and I'd say only at Target too...  He's long gone everywhere else.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline spec_spidey

• Youngling
  • I have a library card! Does that make me Yoda?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 3, 2006, 09:55 PM »
My closest Walmart has nothing but Derlin and Veers. It is all they have had for like the past month. There is like 15 or so of each of them!
The Force is strong in this one,... too bad his action figure sucks.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 3, 2006, 10:51 PM »
That is odd, because I haven't seen a Derlin in about three or so months and about twice as long for a Veers. The biggest pegwarmer in my area is Dofine with about 2 1/2 pegs of nothing but him. The other one is about half that with one peg of holo Mundi. If I were to take a guess at numbers I would say that about 35 Dofine and about 15 holo Mundi in every store I go into. The other figure come and go with them waiting for clearance and I wonder how much they will be cut until they move? I might get a few Dofine for fodder when the do.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 5, 2006, 01:08 AM »
The major warmer is Bib,he is warming Targets like hell!Bren is only at 1 Target & no Walmarts.You guys have bad luck.Dofines are only at Walmarts.

Offline spec_spidey

• Youngling
  • I have a library card! Does that make me Yoda?
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 5, 2006, 07:45 PM »
The next closest Walmart is filled with just two figures as well. They have nothing but Poggle and Sun Fac. It just stinks. I have never seen any of the Corusant wave or anything at these two stores. I gotta drive 25+ miles to get to a Walmart with any newer figures. :'(
The Force is strong in this one,... too bad his action figure sucks.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 5, 2006, 09:23 PM »
It's a shame about Derlin's pegwarminess because I personally bought 3 for various dioramas/customs.  I just hope they don't let his performance influence whether or not they make Echo base troops. 
As for the fan choice, I voted for Yarna and hope she wins.  But I would certainly take Willrow because a (once) obscure Cloud City denizen is not likely to be made otherwise.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke