Author Topic: Fan's Choice Returns - 2006 ToyFare Poll  (Read 143727 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Fan's Choice Returns
« Reply #435 on: July 11, 2006, 01:13 PM »
OCB, are you planning on using the upcoming Flight Crew for a new type of ICMG custom?  I've been thinking about a Monthly Customizing Challenge based on Bespin Citizens sometime and he'd be a great figure to make for it.

:)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 11, 2006, 01:16 PM »
Historically though, losers in the FC are made, I'd like to see the ranking 1-25 and see where the OT figures fell

Very true.  Many of the poll candidate who didn't win have been made.  Adam Pawlus did a good article about the Fan's Choice Poll history.  I've also got some analysis on the history of the poll HERE.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 11, 2006, 01:18 PM »
Well I see that they eventually get made, but it sometimes seems to take a couple years...

:)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 11, 2006, 01:22 PM »
I'll pick up Vos, but the other one, nope, only if my son wants it which I don't think he will. He has moved to where he is very selective about which figures he wants now.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 11, 2006, 01:39 PM »
Darth Revan!  Awesome.  I had told Matt and the boys at one of our So Cal meets that Hasbro needed to a do a KOTOR line, similar to the Expanded Universe line from a few years ago.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 11, 2006, 05:36 PM »
I'm pretty glad Vos is being made, now I don't have to try and make a custom of him for Famine. 

WRONG!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 11, 2006, 05:57 PM »
Who will be making the official "Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Willrow!" T-shirts?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline jediraven82

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 11, 2006, 08:11 PM »
It is a GLORIOUS day!!!  Suck on that ICMG.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 11, 2006, 08:13 PM »
School out for summer? ::)

:P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #444 on: July 11, 2006, 08:26 PM »
Anything made in ANY quantity will pegwarm (It's just a matter of will it have appeal to sell slowly or not), so I expect absolutely nothing less of Revan.  If too many get out, he'll sit...

I think he has some appeal any other film character does...  Film characters aren't ending all together in the line either, so it's not like we won't likely see some of the film ones on the list.  I have some hope for ICMG getting made still and I'm trying to be positive about that even though I'm obviously disappointed he lost.

Part of me is happy to get Revan as I really was ok buying anything off the list (more or less, a couple I could live without)...  EU's not something that bothers me though if it's from material I enjoy.  There's a lot of EU I loathe of course.  That Imp. Sentinel figure blew goats for instance...  I'm ok with Revan, as KOTOR was a good game...  Part of me actually now hopes for more KOTOR figures though, as I can't imagine JUST having Revan...  That was a good complaint before.  Revan without anyone else from the game really sucks.  Revan with even just 2 people from the game will suck actually.   :-\  That was a game with a LOT of characters...  It could be a line unto itself.  Unfortunately I'm wagering Revan may be one of only a few from KOTOR to ever see the light of day, and in that case I'm disappointed in it for anything other than custom fodder.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 11, 2006, 09:38 PM »
I could be wrong but has there ever actually been an EU item pegwarm besides those McQuarrie concept vehicles?  I mean everyone at the time was busting a nut to acquire Darktrooper, Clone Emperor, Dark Empire Leia, Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn, Scorch, and some others.  Nobody could find the McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper either although that is more cannon than EU I suppose. 

I think these EU figures are going to perform as well as any other SW figure out there that is 2nd tier figure or lower.  I am not into EU either but I don't think they will do that badly.  Some are acting likes it going to be a Neimodian Guard type of pegwarmer.  It can't be any worse than all the damn Vader's sitting around now.  Again I can't see them doing worse than ICMG, Yarna, Tonnika Sisters, Hermi Odle, CZ-3, etc. 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #446 on: July 11, 2006, 09:56 PM »
Who will be making the official "Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Willrow!" T-shirts?

I will take 2 of those please..................
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #447 on: July 11, 2006, 10:34 PM »
I could be wrong but has there ever actually been an EU item pegwarm besides those McQuarrie concept vehicles?  I mean everyone at the time was busting a nut to acquire Darktrooper, Clone Emperor, Dark Empire Leia, Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn, Scorch, and some others.  Nobody could find the McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper either although that is more cannon than EU I suppose. 

Did you collect during Shadows of the Empire DB?  That was pegwarm city

Lots of stuff from the Clone Wars (including Animated) was clearanced at Target.  However, like Jesse said, its all a matter of how much gets made.  Pack Willrow or Yarna at one per case and they are scalper targets, pack them at 2 per case and they are Pegwarmers

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #448 on: July 11, 2006, 11:47 PM »
SOTE was definitely the choice that came to my mind first too OCB...  Tons of stuff that basically replaced the basic line for a time, and for a failed multi-media event...  The comic, game, and novels weren't ever really hot for SOTE when they were out and the toy line failed with them I think...

Clone Wars I think had better legs personally.  The first Wave definitely sat, as Anakin and Yoda really pegwarmed for a while.  The vehicles seemed to move ok as did the deluxe...  The one Deluxe that screwed the pooch was the Destroyer pack...

The 2nd wave of CW did better, at least in my area, and while it wasn't hard to find it wasn't OVERLY abundant.  The third wave of CW though was a bitch to find for me and I've never seen Durge on the pegs to this day save for the Deluxe one.  I think had the CW line come out more in-line with the cartoon, and had it been more  realistic to the cartoon (not cartoon style mind you, but just that like maybe Yoda came with his mount and looked as he did in the toon, and Obi-Wan came out with General's Armor on, and Anakin came out with removable robes for his Yavin IV duel and such), that the line would've definitely done better...  It seemed too far off the mark I guess.

I think EU has its place, but I definitely think it loses steam when it starts replacing the film figures...  I'm surprised they're doing such secondary characters first instead of trying like a "Luke in...." outfit.  Like NJO Luke perhaps, or some such.  EU that's still got an OT tie-in or some such, but what do I know?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #449 on: July 11, 2006, 11:50 PM »
Did you collect during Shadows of the Empire DB?  That was pegwarm city

I still get the occasional "flipping through peg after peg of nothing but Prince Xizor" flashback, every once in a while. . .

That ****'s burned into my brain.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."