Author Topic: CommanderKorbra's Customs - Making sure the topic isn't gone...  (Read 63900 times)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra's Customs, Mando Scout+CW Jedi Page 8
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2006, 05:24 PM »
Well I haven't had much time to customize lately but I did sculpt some mando armor onto a Punisher Marvel showdown figure, he's pretty sweet. I edited the arms to have better articulation and I've started paining him using ref that I found on deviantart. It's a camo color scheme. I also finished around 4 trades and got lots of good G.I.joe heads that fit under mando helmets, a few grevous body guards, some random mando guns and fodder, and a few random acessories. Oh and I checked the Dollar Tree and got a few cheapo figs. I can't use the entire figures but alot of the accessories and pouches looks good. The heads could work on some customs too. I'll update maybe tomorrow with the completed camo mandalorian. After that I'm going to work solidly on my Open Seasons Jango and the Mandalorian LA-HA-TT.

Random notes: Finished Triple Zero and saw the pic of the new Windu battlepack. Both freaking awesome :D
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2006, 06:15 PM »
Somehow I missed this one, CK.

The Mando Scout looks pretty good- I like that you used an evergreen for your base camo to stray away from an earth olivedrab. The face paint looks good too. The overall custom itself looks like it took you a long time- the camo application looks flawless.

CW Jedi- I like the Djas Phur head, it looks good. One thing- maybe paint the armor plain white? Or maybe repaint the tunic to go better with the orange armor.

Just a few suggestions, good customs overall. Your Punisher Mando sounds interesting.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2006, 02:48 PM »
Nice Mando Custom.

The parts work really well together. I don't know if I care for the Grease paint on the face though. The Camo Patern came out pretty well although it seems a little Bright, mabey try muting it w/ a brown wash.

Keep up the great work,

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2006, 10:48 AM »
Thanks to both of you. I wanted to do another "no pic update" real quick. I resumed work on my v 2 female mandalorian and I am very very excited to say that I've found all the parts I need, and they all fit together great!!!! The only bad thing is that I had to tear up v1. Ah well. What I'm planning to do before I paint and glue her together is cast or get someone to cast the parts. Then I'll need to edit the sculpt justa  tiny bit in the center of the armor and then get it recasted. Finally I'll glue it and paint and take pics of. Might take some pics before I do all of this, just to prove I'm not joking lol.

Seems to be the time to pull out old WIPs for me. I pulled out Cody and finished him except for gluing the tank gunner head on, battle damaging the backside of him, and finding a helmet.

And finally about that Marvel Showdown fig with sculpted mando armor - he's almost complete. I've got to do some touch ups on him and then he'll be ready to show off.

So this means that by next weekend I'll do an update with Commander Cody minus a helmet, the marvel mando, and some more wips of the female mando. Possibly even the cody look alike Shadow Trooper Commander. :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 10:50 AM by CommanderKorbra »
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Re: CommanderKorbra's Customs, "no pic update" page 9
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2006, 10:58 AM »
Looking forward to see that female Mando, Korbra, especially if it's as good as your current Mando! :)  Looking forward to seeing the photos. 

... the Findswoman

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra's Customs, "no pic update" page 9
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2006, 12:56 PM »
Here is the female mando parts. I gotta get them casted somehow and then put them together and paint. I'm waiting on the paint to dry on my camo mando, commander cody, and a random clone as I type this. I'll dullcoat them and get pics hopefully before it gets dark outside.

-CHEWIE

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
Re: CommanderKorbra's Customs, female mando v2 update with pics page 9
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2006, 01:27 PM »
dude that is really cool, if you are basing this of the picture i think you are than the crincled cloth in between the chest and pelvis needs to be more distinctive as cloth, other that that is a pretty good mando, my sculpting skills will have to improve a bit befroe i attempt this one
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Thanks. Yes, it is based on the one in Insider. I was goign to leave the stomach armor there until it's casted and then I was going to dremel it off and replace with a bit of sculpey that looks like cloth wrappings.
-CHEWIE

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Excellent job on this one. Personally I wouldnt change a thing.

I would like to hear the recipe for this one. The chest looks like Luminara but I'm drawing a blank on the rest of it.

I don't know, but I think she could take mine. ;D

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2006, 04:30 PM »
Lets see if I can remeber how I made it lol.

*Helmet was from Glassman6. AWESOME :)
*Head, POTF2 Slave Leia with baid taken out and sculpey+thread put in it's place. Then painted hair and thread black.
*Chest, Highly modded Luminara Unduli with lots of sculpey.
*Upper arms are Luminara with added Boba Fett shoulder armor.
*Gauntlets are a mass or the lminara gauntlets, Jango Fett gauntlets, super glue, and sculpey. I wanted to keep the articulation there or else I'd have just kept the jango gauntlets how they were.
*One hand is VTSC Han's and the other is a Jango hand.
*Pelvis and upper legs are from Pilot Jango and I sculpeyed a crotch armor on there.
*Lower legs and feet are from this year's saga Boba Fett.

Took a lot of thinking and  brainstorming and a fair amount of just sitting and looking at my fodder to come up with this recepie. But I'm not so sure I could do it all again, so that's why I wanted to get some of it casted before I glue her all together and paint her up. :)

Thanks for your comments Ennis, I was hoping you'd drop by and take a look. Awesome job on your female mando by the way.

EDIT: OOPS left some out...
*Cape is a highly modded Count Dooku cape
* Kama thing was made from a clone belt, a holster off a Dollar Tree figure and the back was part of Obi Wan's tunic. This was one of the things I couldn't figure out what to use at first and just by playing with my fodder I came up with this design. It's a little shorter than a clone kama so I think it looks a bit better than the v1 in that respect.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 04:33 PM by CommanderKorbra »
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2006, 04:51 PM »
Cody is my favorite clone commander so I gave him lots of details, almost max articulation, lots of accessories, and one of my best (and time consuming :)) paint jobs. Plus I took all these pictures so he could show off to you all :P

-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Extra Bacara Body laying around but I wanted to use it, so I grabbed a Tank Gunner Pauldren, a cut up clone belt, a holster from a cheapo figure, and a rope coil from a cheapo figure. Glue it all together and painted what needed to be painted and Bam. New Clone for light play or to flesh out a diaroma :)

I was guessing he'd be a scout or something for the unit of all white clones. This is my 3rd update in one day, w00t lol.
-CHEWIE

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Your FemMando looks like it's coming along well, I apologize again for not being able to help you out with the kama. Looking forward to seeing her finished.

Cmdr. Cody's body look really nice with the mods and the paint jobs, as well as the helmet, but the face's just not doing it for me. With Cody's headsculpt now, I've gotten accustomed to seeing Cody's head respectively with his body. I just think that the ATTE Gunner head just doesn't look anything like the good ol' Commander.

The accesories look very neat and clean on the Bacara body, looks like a clone Hasbro would make. I've always despised the Bacara body, but it looks okay here.

Keep up the good work!
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Hey thanks Darth. No problem about the clone kama, this one I came up with works alot better imo. And I was thinking almost the same thing about Cody's head. It looks like a baby face to me lol. I don't like Hasbro's Cody head though because it's so small. Maybe one of the Evo heads will work for cody? Oh and I always hated the Bacara body too, with the lame articulation and the silly action feature but I figured it could work for this custom. Thanks for all the comments :)

EDIT: And I've got a update filled day tomorrow too - camo mando, Alternate version of Count Dooku, and MAYBE I'll finish Open Seasons Jango Fett. :) I'm liking all the time summer gives me to customize lol.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 06:06 PM by CommanderKorbra »
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Alternate Universe Dooku/Random Sith Senator almost complete. Here's the finished Camo mando. Made from a Marvel Legends Showdown Punisher and sculpey3. Lots of work but I think it looks cool. Only slightly taller than my other mandos, so this guy is prolly 4 inches instead of 3 3/4. Based on this pic:

-CHEWIE