Author Topic: CommanderKorbra's Customs - Making sure the topic isn't gone...  (Read 63564 times)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra Customs - femandalorian page4
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2006, 06:32 PM »
Quoted from my thread on RS again. Can't really see it in the picture but I put a ton of effort into these.  First finding the parts and putting them together. Then I painted the flightsuit dolphin gray. Painted the armor yellow and gave it a very slight goldish water wash. Then a very small white drybrush on the flightsuit. Better than the older custom's arms for sure!

*More boiling and popping and testing out things*

Added some desperate needs to my tradelist for this custom. Finished the arms and the helmet is going to be ready tomarrow.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 06:34 PM by CommanderKorbra »
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2006, 08:43 PM »
That is a lot of detail in those arems!   :o

Cody is looking very good Korba.  Are you making your own helmet for him?

Looking forward to your Sunday update too. 

:)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2006, 05:59 AM »
The female mando turned out great you've done an excellent job on her well done.

Ron

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2006, 03:32 PM »
Im working on a versoin of this one myself, and I seem to be running into the same stumbling blocks as you. I started out with a different base body though. So far its looking excellent. The detail in those arms is excellent. I really want to see this one finished.

There is so little female fodder available, making some of these is a lot harder than making males.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2006, 09:20 PM »
Thanks Chewie and Ron!

I agree Darth_Ennis. It is alot harder to make one of these than it seems. You know I like those arms alot but when I put them next to the legs and pelvis that I have, they seem to big. Guess I'll have to sand them down and repaint later. Oh and make sure you post pics of your female mando when you are done, ok? ;D
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Dont worry I will. ;D I started working on mine a little bit today. BUt i just need to find a way to make the parts fit better and still retain the articulation. not the easy task many would imagine. ;D

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2006, 09:28 PM »
Well, sorry guys. Got the figures done. Well the ones that were almost done got finished and then the other ones got more work done on them. I had them all set up for pics for the "Sunday Update" when what do you know, I couldn't find the camera! Ugh!
-CHEWIE

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 1, 2006, 03:23 AM »
Looking forward to your update!  Can't get enough of these custom Mandos!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 1, 2006, 04:20 PM »
Im looking forward to seeing them too. the ones that I was working on have experienced some.....setbacks. :-[ Hopefully its nothing I cant fix. Lets just say there were some tears and a lot of cursing. I had to walk away for a little while. :(

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 2, 2006, 04:28 PM »
Aw Ennis :( I also experianced a tiny setback on my female mandalorian. Comparing the arms to my last female mando arms, a regular mando arms and even a wookie, they seem huge. Ive decided to save the arms and eventually use them on another yellow and gray mandorian some time in the future. Perhaps a male fellow clan member of my female mando ;) I think what Im going to do is dremel off the shoulder armor and gauntlets from a new saga fett and glue em onto a good articulated female arm. Itll be smaller that way and will look better when completed. I probably shouldve waited to paint and stuff untill i actually had the complete figure in my hands but I was so anxious :P

Well I still cant find the freaking camera lol. Ill just say that its a jedi and 2 mandalorians in the update as well as some more parts of the female mando. Prolly more to add by the time I find the dumb camera. Hope my dad didnt accidently take it home with him when he came over! Ill have to call...

Oh and I think I posted it before, but deviantart has some good mando pics, both male and female. There is one that someone did for another mandalorian fan - "resiliant" and it looks so freakin awesome that I did a custom of one of them, and thats one of the mandos in the update. Theres also a cool camo mando thats awesome.

Cant wait to get my WIP slate done and be able to show you all the mandos Ive been working on last week and this week. And that articulated Commander Cody.

Oh and last thing - if any of yall would like to help me finish up some of these customs, I could really use these parts. Thank you so much fellow JD'ers!!! Yall rock!!! :)

2 Clone Commander Kamas, a premade soft goods kama attached to a clone belt by someone who knows what they are doing, (unlike me ;)) Assajj Ventress Torso from the Jedi VS Sith battlepack, Luminara Unduli arms, POTF Slave Leia head, Ewok Celebration Leia head including the soft goods hair, a ROTS Dooku soft goods cape, 3 ROTS Captain Antilles head and neckposts, and finally the head and poncho of a child Boba Fett Kamino Escape.
-CHEWIE

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 2, 2006, 04:38 PM »
Well, we can all wait patiently for your next update, lol. I just finished up my first Mando custom and I can see why alot of people make them...a good fan fic Mando looks totally sweet!
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 3, 2006, 12:13 AM »
2 Clone Commander Kamas, a premade soft goods kama attached to a clone belt by someone who knows what they are doing, (unlike me ;))

This actually isn't as hard as you may think.

I had a few of the Darth Maul capes from the Episode 1 Accessory packs, so I cut one up. I cut off the skirt from the belt that was on the ARC and glued on two small strips of the Maul cape in their place. It was a first attempt at doing something like this, I had never worked with fabric before. But I'm pretty happy with the results.

click to enlarge

Just give it a shot. Like I said, it wasn't as hard as you may think.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 4, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Well, I have good news and bad news concerning my first attempt at a Femando. The bad news is i have tossed the one I was working on into my box of failed experiments, never to be seen again. :-[

The good news is that Ive started on another, and its coming along better than the first one. Im going to hope to have some WIPs up soon. How are things coming along on your end?

I read over on RS that you needed a Slave leia head. if you are still in need I have an extra.

BTW Jokabofe that ARC is awesome, Ive never seen that one before. The soft goods on that look realy sweet.

Seeing as how there are so many people doing Mandos these days I think we should do a post your Mando thread that way we could have them all in one place. What do you guys think?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 5, 2006, 03:48 PM »
BTW Jokabofe that ARC is awesome, Ive never seen that one before. The soft goods on that look realy sweet.

Seeing as how there are so many people doing Mandos these days I think we should do a post your Mando thread that way we could have them all in one place. What do you guys think?

That's funny you say that, because that's the one I made after you said that the soft goods on my other ARC came out good - the one that didn't have any soft goods  ;)

Yeah, a post your Mando thread would be cool... guess that means I need to make one, huh?

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 5, 2006, 09:18 PM »
Yea make one :) I war cleaning up my work area all day today and didnt really get anything done. Good news is I found my camera and can finally get this stupid update up and then start finishing all these WIPs.
-CHEWIE