Author Topic: CommanderKorbra's Customs - Making sure the topic isn't gone...  (Read 63561 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: CommanderKorbra's Customs
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 06:16 PM »

1. make 1 really long rectangle that fits more than around there waist and goes down how ever far it needs to. 

2. then cut it directly in half.

3. cut a small right angle triangle out of the lower corner of each rectangle on 1 end per peice.

4. fit it, if it isnt perfect do a bit of trimming.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Just had a massive boiling and popping session. I had about six or seven figures boiled and popped down to over 30 parts and sat down to make some customs. This is what I came up with, I've still got to add a few more things, find heads, and of course paint them:

Also, finished (well except for the dullcoat) my custom legion clone grunt and my Mandalorian Warrior. I'll get better pictures outside once the dullcoat is on and dried. Still finishing my custom legion clone commander and Jodo Kast too.

"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Wow! the boil and pop guys are looking pretty good so far. I cant wait to see what they look like completed.
 I like the color scheme on the Mandalorian. But I think the fact that its a POTF2 figure takes away from it a little. That scheme would rock on a better articulated Fett, like a VOTC, or one of the new Saga figs. I know both are as rare as a hens tooth though. Good work none the less.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 02:56 PM »
Thank you Ennis. I'm sorry that I had to use the POTF2 figure, too. I had just bought a few on Rebelscum for 2 bucks each so I figured I'd paint them to see how it came out. I might have to get some of the newer Fetts and use the scheme on them. Also Thanks on the compliment about the boil and pop army. I just trimmed down the clone arms a bit and they are attached to the body now. Does he (the jedi in the first pic) Look good the way he is, or should I repaint some?
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 01:22 PM »
Asfar as repainting goes, in my opinion it all depends on what you want him to look like when youre done. I think the yellow stripes look good on the body theyre on though, if thats what you mean.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2006, 07:21 PM »
Great WIP pics.  I love seeing those.  All of these look great, especially the female Jedi bodies.

One thing I'd suggest, is that the Testors paint seems kind of shiny (or is it just me?) - I'd try using the cheap Walmart acrylic paints.  They're so cheap, but really seem to work well.  At least for me they do, and then do a quick matte acrylic spray. 

:P

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2006, 07:36 PM »
I usually hate weathering, but I totally dig the 501 clone. I also like the black & blue mandalorian.

Are the blue shocktroopers something special?
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2006, 09:02 PM »
Thank you to both of you.
 8)
Chewie - The cheap Walmart paints actually are Testors at my Walmart. And no it's not just you, I was using both gloss and flat colors and hadn't dullcoated the figure until after that picture. I'm taking new pics of them in the light outside in the morning.

Clone Hunter - Thanks for the compliment, I didn't know if I did the weathering bad or not on the 501st. As for the "blue shocktroopers", they aren't really shocktroopers. I took a plain clone picture, sat down, and came up with my own armor design. It looks sort of like a Shockie, but not completely.
-CHEWIE

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2006, 11:06 PM »
Lets put it this way: I'd definitely buy either your 501 or the blue "shocktrooper"
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2006, 07:02 PM »
I look forward to see what you'll be making,esp. w/ the Count Dooku and Ki Adi

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2006, 09:39 PM »
Any sugesstions? Lol. I only have ideas for the jedi in clone armor and the twilet looking body with that skirt on. Any ideas for the other bodies and what heads to use are welcomed. Thanks.
-CHEWIE

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2006, 09:50 PM »
Who's torso is in the last body pictured with the brown Tunic and black arms? The torso looks thin enough to use for a Jedi female. Maybe Jocasta Nu?

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2006, 11:16 PM »
Who's torso is in the last body pictured with the brown Tunic and black arms? The torso looks thin enough to use for a Jedi female. Maybe Jocasta Nu?

ROTS Ki-Adi's
(side view)

Those look great, man! Esp. the 4th one down!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 11:23 PM by PenDragon »

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2006, 07:54 AM »
Thanks! Yes, that torso in the last pic is Ki-Adi-Mundi from ROTS. Top of the arms are Dooku and bottom are Kit Fisto. I think the legs are Kit Fisto too, I don't remember.
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2006, 08:20 PM »
Got bored of my Jodo Kast because everything keeps going wrong when I'm painting it. So I made this guy. LMKWYT:

Oh yea if you didn't notice, I made his little jacket thing a regular green and then the rest of his suit beret green :grin:
-CHEWIE