Author Topic: CommanderKorbra's Customs - Making sure the topic isn't gone...  (Read 63567 times)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra's Customs
« Reply #30 on: April 1, 2006, 01:30 PM »
Any feedback at all is apreciated guys. Especially on that green and steel guy, I thought he looked pretty good :P Here's a WIP Kal Skirata. I think I got the brown and charcoal grey right, I'm still thinking of how to make a sand gold. Maybe some dark tan with some gold in it?Oh and in these pics the white is going to be the sand gold... I mean it's still like 50% WIP, what do you expect? ;)

"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 1, 2006, 02:24 PM »
I like the green and silver guy, he rocks. As far as repaints go tat one looks very good. I noticed a green sharpie in the background is that what you used?

The second one is shaping up pretty well. The add ons look very good, I like the leg armor. As far as painting goes, if your looking for a sand gold color. Walmart has that very color for $0.44. Just check the Apple Barrel acrylic paint section over in crafts. These are the paints that I use. They also have something called Antique Gold that looks really good too, I was thinking about snagging that color myself.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 1, 2006, 02:59 PM »
Thanks! I have always thought that the only paints we could use are the ones in the testors model paint area lol. I'm going to check that apple barral paint section tonight.

As for the Sharpie, nah, it wasn't used. I don't like paint markers and I despise using sharpies for customs. It just happened to be sitting on the dining room table ;D
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 1, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Dang, Walmart only had the huge 16oz bottles. And then all they had in those was some off white, green, one thing of blue, and like 12 yellows. Oh well.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2006, 04:47 PM by CommanderKorbra »
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 6, 2006, 08:46 PM »
My work area is starting to get crowded with all these unfinished customs... Ah well. I just get bored so easy and start too many things at once. Here is my toughest custom yet, still in WIP stage. A Ultimate Super Atriculated Commander Cody w/ removable helmet.

Took a #41 upper body and lower legs, and a tank gunner pelvis and upper legs. Had to use my X-Acto, learn to dremel, used some sculpey, and used a lot of super glue. Still have to add all Cody's custom parts like his helmet and armband and antenna. Then paint him better than the mock up he is now.

Oh and sorry for the crappy pictures I was in a rush and more than that I couldn't get the right amount of light.

« Last Edit: April 7, 2006, 03:06 PM by CommanderKorbra »
-CHEWIE

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 6, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Despite the big photos :)  That side by side comparison really shows how short Hasbro made the Cody figure.  Too bad!

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 7, 2006, 03:01 PM »
Hehe, now that I'm in a better mood, I'm going to try to get those two pictures to obey me and then go do some more work on my Cody.

EDIT: fixed ;D
« Last Edit: April 7, 2006, 03:06 PM by CommanderKorbra »
-CHEWIE

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 7, 2006, 05:02 PM »

mesa want :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: April 7, 2006, 05:03 PM by starkid500 »
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 7, 2006, 08:42 PM »
I like the photo where it looks like your Cody is breakdancing, and the other one is watching in envy. This is going to be great when you're done. Are you going to sculpt his shoulder pads to match the screen version?
-Matthew H.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 7, 2006, 09:00 PM »
Yes. Well most likely. It depends on if I like him with the antenna and regular shoulder armor or not. I'm trying to make this one as accurate as possible but with a good amount of articulation aswell. I've got to find a second Saga Cody to use for parts though, the one in the pictures is the one I use for display.
-CHEWIE

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 9, 2006, 02:06 AM »
With creative cutting, you can just modify the existing shoulderpads, thus keeping the articulation.  Here's one I did that with and it looked ok.

More of that one can be found here.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 9, 2006, 07:27 AM »
Ok thanks! What did you do for the antenna, just place it farther towards the front of the shoulder?
-CHEWIE

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 9, 2006, 01:15 PM »
Wow, Cody really is short... kind of like that SAGA Hoth Rebel from a couple years back!

I'm liking your Mandalorian a lot.  It's really a good assembly of parts.  I'd personally go for some dull, subdued color scheme, but I am sure whatever you do will look great.

:)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 9, 2006, 02:14 PM »
Thank you CHEWIE, you are one of the ones that I always like comments from because they normally have good constructive critism  :)

I'm planning on finishing up 3 mandalorians tonight and dullcoating them all. Then I'll be 100% focused on Cody.
-CHEWIE

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 9, 2006, 04:19 PM »
The Commander Cody WIP looks really cool and coming along great. It'll be cool to see your Mandos too.

Kudos to seeing right through that fraud on RS...he had me fooled!
My whole expanse...I cannot see...