Author Topic: CommanderKorbra's Customs - Making sure the topic isn't gone...  (Read 63558 times)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra's Customs
« Reply #45 on: April 9, 2006, 04:26 PM »
Thanks Darth Nirvana! I'm really excited about this Commander Cody too. Do you or anyone else know what color I should use for his abdomen? It looks like a dark gray but I though I read somewhere that it had some tan in the color...?

Just an update, one of the mandalorians is done. Gotta dullcoat him and then I'll post pics here :) He's Walon Vau btw
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 9, 2006, 05:24 PM »
Well here's my Walon Vau. Not 100% accurate but how cool can a completely black figure look? Oh and I got sick of trying to paint that jango head so I just glued the helmet on the head :p

I'll try to get more pictures like the first one since it looks the best.

"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2006, 02:55 PM »
Good work Korbra. The dancing cody was priceless. You did some excellent work on them. I thought they were actual hasbro product until I read your caption.

The Mando looks excellent as is I dont think you have to do anything more to it. the claw marks are a great touch. excellent work. Now the question remains... when are you going to finish those Jedi????

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2006, 06:06 PM »
:) Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about them. I'm anxious to finish the male in half robes half armor and the twilek female in that dress thing. Here is the WIP line up for those of you wondering:

1 - Kal Skirata - all I need to do is paint the jetpack and one more peice of the armor. It doesn't have a picture atm.
2 - Jodo Kast - some touch up on the blue white and yellow and then dullcoat

I can get both of those done tonight

3 - Custom Legion Clone Commander - I need a pauldren for him and he'll be done EDIT: Ooops, meant kama, sorry about that
4 - Commander Cody - waiting on another Hasbro cody and bantha5's kit for some special Cody parts like the antenna and stuff. Then paint and he'll be done aswell.

and then comes the custom jedi and finally a remake of that yellow female mandalorian using new parts and less sculpey. Got my hands full huh? It kind of feels like I'm at work, tons of stuff almost finished but not quite lol ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 05:27 PM by CommanderKorbra »
-CHEWIE

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2006, 10:16 PM »
It looks good, but I have to admit on this one I'd probably try to make the shades of black a bit differnet on jumpsuit vs. the armor.  Maybe a shade of gray to separate the two?  The visor looks very good too.

:P

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2006, 03:01 PM »
Ok CHEWIE. I actually wanted to make the armor different form the suit but Karen Traviss said that the whole suit and all of the armor was matte black. Maybe I'll do a really dark gray like you suggested.
-CHEWIE

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2006, 04:36 PM »
If you need a pouldroon Ive got a few to clone commander ones to spare. Shoot me your addy and Ill drop it in the mail.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2006, 05:27 PM »
Actually I meant kama, not pualdren. I was in a rush. Thanks though!
-CHEWIE

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2006, 11:16 PM »
The Mando looks really good.  I like the way you were able to bring the "metal" through with the paint job.  I love the perspective photo of the Mando v. clone.  Very nice photography!

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2006, 03:05 PM »
Thanks BrentS. I'm glad you were able to tell it was a perspective photo of the two fighting. I was afraid someoen would think I just couldn't take a clear pic :P I'm actually enjoying this one paint I fund that I used on the black mando. It's called steel and its good for just plain mando armor or armor when you want to show real looking damage or scratches. The only bad thing is that the bottle I have is enamal and not acrylic. Thanks again for your comments.

Still haven't got my 4.4 case from EE, seen any clones in stores, or got my Bantha5 kit in the mail. As soon as one of those happens then I can finish up Cody. Can't wait 8)
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2006, 08:12 PM »
Found some awesome inspiration for future customs on this site: SWAG
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2006, 12:41 PM »
Another update: Got a Cody from WM and Bantha5's kit came in aswell - you know what this means! Cody will be done soon! W00t ;D
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2006, 03:55 PM »
Cody is coming right along. Still need a fitting removable helmet and I have to add the armband that he is holding. Then comes the more accurate paint. He still has  shoulder articulation so I'm happy :)
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2006, 02:37 PM »
Cody almost completed, need to finish his helmet. Guees what? I've got nothing to do for the rest of the weekend but customize... and that means a big update Sunday night! Yay! Since so many on my WIP bench are practically done, I've started a new custom. I'll quote form RS:

Once again, I'll be making a female mandalorian. Another Yellow one so that I can compare them most likely. My main goals are to make an improved custom with more articulation, better armor and less sculpey and a fitting helmet.

Here is a picture of the older version:

I thought it was pretty good but my painting and sculpting skills have gotten better and I have more parts to use now then I did back then.

What I really need is  Ideas on is the thighs (upper legs above knees) and the crotch area. I was thinking Jango crotch or Boba crotch but I don't know.  Oh and ideas for a chest would help too. I've got a few female parts in a deal that I'm working on right now... but your ideas for what torsos to use are welcome. Here is what I have so far:

I don't plan on using those legs because they look too short for some reason.
Here is the ref pic that I'll be using.

So, ideas on what other parts to use are needed. And if anyone can trade me a slave leia head, #33 CC kama, and a ROTS Dooku cape, that'd be fantastic aswell. Updates to come!

-CommanderKorbra
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Another quote from RS...

This is how I made the arms. Far better than the arms on the older figure if you ask me. More articulation and less sculpey. Made from XD Army figure arms and tank gunner hands. Cut the shoulder pads off of the snap on Jango armor and got the snap on gauntlets from that same figure.
Arms, helmet, lower legs are ready to be painted I guess. Still need slave leia head, #33 CC kama, and a ROTS Dooku cape. And of course any ideas for the torso, crotch, and upper legs. :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 02:38 PM by CommanderKorbra »
-CHEWIE