Author Topic: CommanderKorbra's Customs - Making sure the topic isn't gone...  (Read 63568 times)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra Customs - Update May 10th
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2006, 07:23 PM »
Finally found the dumb camera. Here are 3 that I had a little time to take pics of this afternoon. More to come since I have something to photograph them with now.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 08:19 PM by CommanderKorbra »
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2006, 05:12 PM »
Nice Mandalorians  :D

You really blended the armor onto the Saga2 Boba Fett.  I initially thought you had majorly retooled one of the Jango Fett figure's legs, but then I realized that you sculpted them.  Excellent job.  The paint schemes work well too.  Very original
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2006, 10:49 PM »
I really love the Twi Lek figure.  Its my favorite soecies of alien, well one of them anyway.  Thats a really great figure.  The Mandalorains are outstanding as well.  The beige one is my fave, but both are fine works for sure!
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2006, 11:06 PM »
The Mando's look good but I really like the Twi'lek.  What did you do (or use) for his legs and feet?  They look cool.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2006, 10:24 AM »
I agree, I like the Mando's but the Twi'lek is the gem of the group for me.  Just a cool, different figure.  I'd suggest a wash on his skin too and a dot on his eyes, unless he's a blind Jedi.

:)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2006, 07:33 PM »
Thanks guys. I guess you could say the twilek was a team effort. Rolla Jedi did some work on a Darth Maul figure and then got bored of the guy. When Rolla was selling the figures here for like $2 each I decided to buy the incomplete custom and see what I could make out of it. I smoothed down rough parts, Did a bit of Sculpting, primed the entire thing and then painted him. Thanks for the ideas of the wash and of course some eyeballs for him :P. I almost forgot about them. If anyone was wondering about the black and blue mando, he is supossed to be some mando that was recruited by jando to help him train clones. This guy wears some clone armor and some mando armor. I had to fill in his back with sculpey since the guy was orginally one of those Jangos with the huge noise making jetpack. And you all might of guessed, but the tanish whatever mando is supossed to be Kal Skirata.

Thanks for the comments guys, and there should be one or two more updates before next weekend if I can get some of the parts I need and finish up a few more customs. Later
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2006, 05:30 PM »
Hey!  Cool!  Thats awesome that you used my ol' Twi-lek swordsman.  :)
It looks really cool blue too!  He just wasnt workin for me after I started working on him.  I made the head from scratch, so I'm glad it didnt go to waste.  Great work!!
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2006, 08:03 PM »
Thanks Rola ;)

Here is a quick update. I saw Fritz's modified helicopters and loved 'em. Went to Target looking for some figures to customize and instead found on eof the helicopters on sale for $9. It is now turning into a Mandalorian Low Altitude Heavy Artillery Troop Transport. So far it is modified, super glued, and primed and I'm working on the regular paint job now. I also decided to make a Mando Pilot to go with the ship. He's also all put together and just waiting to be painted. So everything will probably be dullcoated and ready for pics Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday since I get Tueday off. I'm really excited about it, so I hope you all like them when I come and show em off!

Later.
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Quote my message on Rebelscum. Still not done with his ship.

Mandalorian Pilot, finished him today. I'm not that happy with the pictures because they sort of changed the colors and washed out some details. Ah well. Last pic he is sitting in the cockpit of his unfinished custom "Mandalorian Low Altitude Heavy Artillery Troop Transport"... yeah. Long name. Okay, comments appreciated, thanks.

Oh and since this is the first time I used differnt chest armor and gauntlets than a normal mandalorian, I gave him Boba Fett colors to try to push that mandalorian feel. Maybe it worked...
-CHEWIE

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2006, 07:36 PM »
Nice looking Mando!  I like the chest plate and breathing tubes.  The weathering seems just about right (not too much and not too little).  Is the base of that figure just the AT-AT driver?

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Looks to me like a Mando helmet, ATAT Driver with Clone Pilot legs.

I really like this one, C_K. Did you weather the body suit? It looks really good. I like the red gloves.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2006, 09:41 PM »
Thanks! Yes, it's Boba Fett helmet and upper legs, Clone Pilot lower legs, and AT AT Driver everything else.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 06:58 AM by CommanderKorbra »
-CHEWIE

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2006, 10:38 PM »
Sweet Looking Mando Pilot.  Very Cool Idea, The Vehicle Looks Like it's going to be Pretty Cool When Your Finished. Can't Wait to see the End Results.

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2006, 12:00 AM »
I like the idea, but I would have changed the torso to a Mando one just to give him that much more the Mando look or carved in some lines to make it look like the armor plates over the one large plate. The paint looks great too. Awesome job.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2006, 01:00 AM »
This Mando rocks Commander Korba, one of your best customs I've seen.  Excellent meshing of parts and beautiful paint job.  A++

:)