Author Topic: Dying sucks. :(  (Read 4172 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Dying sucks. :(
« on: May 10, 2003, 08:12 PM »
A couple of weeks ago (week after Easter) my grandmother had a stroke which left her an invilid.  For the past week my familiy has been expecting her to take her last breath and cross over to the next segment of life in haven and it looks like she will go sometime in the night tonight on Mother's Day which sucks that it will be on that day.  It really hurts me since she was the last of my grandparents and the longest one I had to spend time with, my grandfathers died before I born and about 6 months and my other grandmother was murdered when I was 6 yrs old, so she is the last one left for me to really get alot of memories of.
 :'(

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Dying sucks. :(
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2003, 08:22 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear about your Grandmother.  Hopefully she won't have to suffer much in her last moments.  I'll say a prayer for her tonight before I go to bed.

My wife's Grandfather just had his second heart attack in 3 weeks, and he's not looking all that well.  Her Step-Father just had double by-pass surgery the other day, and he's in pretty bad condition.

All I know is that when my time comes to leave this planet, I hope I don't have to suffer doing so.
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 09:18 PM »
You've got my sympathies Darth Kenobi.  I went through a nearly identical situation with my Grandmother last year.  And she too was my last grandparent.

It's not an easy experience to see someone slip away like that.  I know that's the way I felt as my grandmother was dying following her stroke.  The feeling of helplessness was overwhelming.  

I hope you and your family can see your way through this time the best way possible.  
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2003, 01:49 AM »
Sorry to hear that Darth Kenobi  :'(  Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this time.  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2003, 02:04 AM »
Patty and I's prayers go out to you and your family Tom.  Try to look at it as your grandmother will be moving along to a better place soon, where she will be happy and very healthy again, and watching down on you at all times...   :)

I know that's easier said than done, but hopefully you're family can come together and try to remember all the good times.

Hang in there Tom.  We'll be thinking of you...

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2003, 03:06 AM »
I'm not good at all this, but, what everyone else says, my thoughts out to ya.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2003, 03:52 AM »
My sincere sympathies go out to you & your family.  :'(

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 09:07 AM »
Thanks for all of your guys for all of your prayers for my grandmother and familiy.  She passed away last night at 10 with her four daughters, 3 grand kids and a niece and a son-in-law at her side.  She waited until all of her daughters where with her before she went to she her mother and the rest of her familiy in haven.

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 09:33 AM »
I am so sorry for your loss.

But consider the alternative. A massive stroke can leave you in a wheelchair or bedridden for the rest of your life. It can leave you unable to do the most simple of lifes daily routines, unable to go to the bathroom without assistance, unable to chew your food, to see properly, to  think properly, to stand up and sit down, to talk properly and the list of horroble things that you are unable to do goes on... as it went on for nearly six years for my mother-in-law who had a near fatal stroke. To watch someone suffer that bad for that long is a thing I wouldn't wish upon anyone, anytime, ever. She did get to know my children however, and for that I am greatfull as my son and daughter were the apples of her eye.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 10:34 AM »
I'm sorry your grandmother passed away, but she is definitely in a much better place.  You have my deepest condolences.

dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2003, 11:20 AM »
I'd like to offer my condolences.  I hope your grandmother has found peace and serenity at last.  And, I also hope you and your family can find comfort in what your grandmother has given you in her life, and know that what she imparted to you will never go away.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2003, 01:15 PM »
I'll also offer my condolences DK, I've lost three of my grandparents and it is a tough time...take solace in the fact that she has moved on to a better place and one day you will see her again :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2003, 01:26 PM »
I too offer my deepest condolences to you and your family.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2003, 01:50 PM »
My grandfather suffered the effects of a stroke for eight years before he passed away. His mind was never the same, he couldn't walk or take care of himself, and ended up having one leg amputated due to atrophy. I wish his suffering hadn't lasted so long. In some ways, he died long before his body gave up.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Have faith that it's only temporary, for all of us.
Post sober.

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2003, 02:49 PM »
Sorry to hear that Darth Kenobi, my thoughts are with you and your family
Medical Droid Extrodinaire