Author Topic: Army Building or Hoarding?  (Read 24286 times)

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Army Building or Hoarding?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 10:37 AM »
One jackoff stood there and removed all the Utapau's and Scorch's from the 6 cases. 

An employee jackoff or a customer jackoff?

A Customer.   The thing that sucks is that they employee let him take all the Clones out of the 6 boxes.  The employee should of only stocked 3 cases and left the other 3 complete for the back.  This is another problem where someone making miniumum wage could give to squats.

I hear you.  Especially if they don't know Star Wars at all, they really don't care then.  I think they make a little more than minimum wage though, maybe as much as $10/hour actually.  In the store reports I saw someone on the boards here named Holographic Elvis who works at Target, he'd know.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2006, 12:18 PM »
I work at Target, but I run the overnight process (I'm an exec and salaried) so I make more than the sales floor employees who start at like $8 or $9 an hour.  When we stock at night, the Target common practice is to push to the piece.  For example, we got 3 cases of figs in the other night (crappy revision case, I posted the breakdown in the So Cal thread) and all 3 cases fit on the floor because we only had 3 Bib and 3 Poggle on the pegs.  Now had only 2 cases fit on the floor, the other case would have been backstocked and then probably made its way to the floor later in the day had enough figures sold. 

If you saw someone picking through 6 cases, then it was either someone's buddy getting hooked up or the employee just didn't care and brought all the cases to the floor that they had.  In my experience with Target toy managers and the people who work in that dept., I'm gonna lean heavily toward that person being the employee's friend.  There would be no reason for 6 cases of figs to hit the floor, even if the pegs were empty, because only about 4 cases will go out.  Is there something else you guys were wondering about this topic?  I'll answer anything I can.

As for the army building, I don't see it as hoarding if you are actually opening those figs and building an army.  If someone has a stack of 20 of each Clone at home, in the package, then you have to suspect hoarding. 

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2006, 12:26 PM »
Definately hoarding except when I'm holding them for our swap meet for you guys ;) In that case it's different because they won't remain in my hand forever.
What I can't sell to you guys for retail go back to the store. Thanks for the insight, Jason

--Jon

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2006, 12:50 PM »
Something I have found lately is that OT troop figs have been sitting in my area for a bit. Go figure ??? The AT-AT Driver is one of the best
new figs out there and I counted 10 on the pegs this lunchtime.  And they have been there for a spell.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2006, 12:58 PM »
I'm surprised the AT-AT driver is being easier to find, but I'm not complaining.  I've bought about 12 of them so far, a few for customs.  I just wish we'd get huge shipments of VOTC Stormies on these cards.

:P

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 08:24 PM »
This picture irritates me because these are so hard to get.

I have 9 Utapau Clones:

Two I found at retail, awhile ago in wave 3.
Two from a friend in PA.
Four I scored at at Walmart Tuesday. I bought a full set of the wave plus a Cody, Lousros Dophin, and the 4 clones to open. I overdrafted my credit limit and was penalized $ 70, but at least I am current, except a pending Scorch.
One from an auction I paid too much for. $40 shipped for a Cody + clone. Anybody need a Cody?

Now, I have buddies all over looking for me too, but I offer them vintage Transformers for things they might find at retail. Is that bad behavior? After all, I am the Clone Hunter.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 08:57 PM »
Man I have one of these opened, and I've left at least 15, minimum, on the pegs .... I may pick up another one down the road. I think there will be plenty of these available down the road. Who cares if folks want to army build.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2006, 03:28 AM »
I say again though guys...  If you want this to change, the guy with 90 isn't the problem...  Hasbro and Retail are.  Till Hasbro packs a case of 4 UClones, 4 Scorch, and 4 Cody, those 3 figures are going to suck to find...

I don't know about all your areas, but I can speak for Pittsburgh.  In my area, out of at least 5 WM's I've hit lately, only 2 have pegs for figures and not one figure on them.  My Target stores have 3 or 4 pegs, and they're only ever sparsely filled with pegwarmers...  Very few "good" finds at these stores.

I can't find Utie Clones either, trust me, and not for lack of effort...  While I know some army builders are getting them around me, and I know some scalpers are too (saw them at the show a couple weeks ago), I also know Hasbro and retail are MAKING this hobby this way.  Look at the UGH ****...  The line is in its most dismal place if you ask me.  Hasbro I blame mostly...  Retail is still a close 2nd place.

It's ugly out there...  Our area just haven't gotten the large quantities out west seem to have picked up.  I have no clue why things are this bad...  I don't even think it's that the line is selling as well as last year, but rather that there's just nothing out there and I think there's a perception from many that crap is underproduced this year.  I dunno though, it's ugly at the stores though and I wish you could buy what you want when you want online without dealing with these stores at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2006, 11:57 AM »
I'm an Army Buider. I collect Clones and Stormtroopers by the Hundreds. It takes time to build Armies that Large at retail price, so I wake up early and hit every Target and Walmart on my way to work every morning. Usally I get there before other collectors do, but not always. For the first couple of months when an Army Buider, like a Clone or Stormtrooper is realeased, I buy everyone I see. Once I've  satified my apetite for a paticular figure, I start to slow down and pick only the best examples of that Army Builder I can find (Perfect Paint Aps). Then I may start only picking up that figure for  Customs I want to make. For this I usually buy Imperfect figs, as I hate destroying Perfect Army Builders. After that I usually Stop Buying that Figure, But, by that time I've amassed a respectable Army. The Size of the Army I build usually depends on My Diorama needs, For Example the 501st Troopers I need about 30, The Emperors Red Shock Trooper about 10, White Episode 1 Clones 200+, Stormtroopers 250+. I know Some of you think I'm a major Butt Hole for buying so many Troopers, but I work hard to meet my collecting goals, and I work hard for the Money I use to obtain it. So, I have every right to Buy as Many of these figures as I want. If your whiny ass can't find the Army Builders your looking for, mabey you should get your lazy ass out of bed a little earlier or do a late Night Walmart Run when they are Stocking the Shelves, and mabey you'll get those figures that I am Hoarding for my own Greedy purposes. Or, Just wait till I have my fill and take the Scraps I leave for you. Army Builders Like me are going to insure that Hasbro make Plenty of Trooper figs for you to collect, So when they finally make that Delta Squad 4 Pack that you so Desperately want, just remeber that us Army Builders made it Happed for you.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2006, 12:50 PM »
I see your point but I do not see the need for the comments.  Did you have ass for breakfast ???  I mean that is all you say.

I do have problems with people that buy by the hundres and I honestly think people that go to those lengths should seek medical help.  A display of 100 troopers cannot be better with 200 not by a long shot.

Everyone here works hard for their money.  Whether they get paid $10 or $50/hour, we work hard for it and again your comment is unnecessary.  If you feel ofended by the "hoarding" comments then maybe you should stop hoarding the little plastic toys.

Despite that I am always the 1st one at Target on the morning and that has only yielded one U clone, so I guess I better move to where you live.  I usually do quite well and I do not complain here but lately it has been dryer than normal.

By the way, Chewie posted some pictures to make his point, would you post some so that we can be impressed with your army building tactics.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2006, 02:29 PM »
I'm an Army Buider. I collect Clones and Stormtroopers by the Hundreds. It takes time to build Armies that Large at retail price, so I wake up early and hit every Target and Walmart on my way to work every morning. Usally I get there before other collectors do, but not always. For the first couple of months when an Army Buider, like a Clone or Stormtrooper is realeased, I buy everyone I see. Once I've  satified my apetite for a paticular figure, I start to slow down and pick only the best examples of that Army Builder I can find (Perfect Paint Aps). Then I may start only picking up that figure for  Customs I want to make. For this I usually buy Imperfect figs, as I hate destroying Perfect Army Builders. After that I usually Stop Buying that Figure, But, by that time I've amassed a respectable Army. The Size of the Army I build usually depends on My Diorama needs, For Example the 501st Troopers I need about 30, The Emperors Red Shock Trooper about 10, White Episode 1 Clones 200+, Stormtroopers 250+. I know Some of you think I'm a major Butt Hole for buying so many Troopers, but I work hard to meet my collecting goals, and I work hard for the Money I use to obtain it. So, I have every right to Buy as Many of these figures as I want.

I'm with you here, and have similar collecting habits.

Except, your post went horribly wrong at this point:

If your whiny ass can't find the Army Builders your looking for, mabey you should get your lazy ass out of bed a little earlier or do a late Night Walmart Run when they are Stocking the Shelves, and mabey you'll get those figures that I am Hoarding for my own Greedy purposes. Or, Just wait till I have my fill and take the Scraps I leave for you. Army Builders Like me are going to insure that Hasbro make Plenty of Trooper figs for you to collect, So when they finally make that Delta Squad 4 Pack that you so Desperately want, just remeber that us Army Builders made it Happed for you.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2006, 06:22 PM »
Fritz, say it isn't so on that last part!

Surely you jest?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2006, 07:26 PM »
When I saw I think I **** myself that many clones in a month is crazy!Maybe over a couple years but a month!? :-\
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2006, 07:27 PM »
I do not think it was directed at me, but I was not offended by Fritzkreigs post. I totally agree in every way.

It comes down to if you feel it is so important you'll take the necessary steps to make sure you get what you need.

In my distinct situation, I grab every clone I can get my grubby hands on, but I have only one AT-AT driver, one Snowtrooper, or any other OT figure. Still impisoned on card. I know and like the OT but I am a prequel only collector, so that leaves more OT army building for everyone else. I think it balances out karmawise?
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2006, 07:50 PM »
Guys, I don't think Fritz meant anything in a bad way; I think any comments that might be perceived as rude were directed at anyone who hates collectors that army-build, and I have no problem with defending the way he or I collect. 

Fritz definitely out-builds me on the armies, that's for sure.  But I agree with what he's saying - why does he have so many?  Because he works two jobs - real life and collecting.  He seems very dedicated to both of them.  If he didn't go on such hard toy runs he wouldn't have nearly the army he has and someone else would have just beaten him to them. 

:P