Author Topic: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)  (Read 60906 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2006, 08:45 AM »
I do feel for the carded collectors, but I too am happy it is a packaging variation as much as anything. And I do hope to find one, preferably an imperial, to have as a novelty (I have a string of the various package types since 1995 hung across a wall in my basement).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2006, 09:53 AM »
Looks like the Holo figure is going to be silver as well. The Yak Face coverage shows a clear picture.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2006, 03:01 AM »
Alright, two Chase figures per case isn't as bad. But, it will bring in unwanted scum.

Exactly Anton...

Chase figures mean the sleeze will ooze out like the sweat they generate just by breathing somehow.  This past year has seen a spike as it is in these types.  Just take at trip on over that that otheR Site and look at the number of guys that are pretty openly doing this for financial gains.  A LOT more showed up there this past year than the one prior, that's for sure, and Hasbro's shooting for the stars trying to keep them into it. 

This bothers me the most about this whole thing...  Hasbro limiting ANYTHING is just a big screwjob to the line really.  And while the pricks out there will be scooping these up, they'll also be more inclined to buy up those random extras they know we all want while they're there...  Goodbye Cody on any cardback.

In the past year it's clear to me Hasbro has realized adults are the core...  $13 Target Clones and other figures, overpriced exclusives galore, and now this whole big **** sandwich we can all take a bite out of.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2006, 09:17 AM »
Exactly.  The Hot Wheels guys are crazy. 

It would appear that most are retired and have tons of disposable income...I'm sure they will check out the SW section while they make their car runs.

I only get out once a week if I'm lucky - I don't plan on finding any BH figures... :'(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2006, 04:45 AM »
I watched a guy cus his wife out the other night as they dug through a pile of messed up hotwheels crap...  Anyone comparing us with them, man that's just not right.  That's really insulting. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2006, 10:03 AM »
That's right Jesse. We are not like them. However, I do know some SW collectors who are like the HW guys though.  >:( One of them is a huge sandtrooper guy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2006, 11:29 AM »
That's right Jesse. We are not like them. However, I do know some SW collectors who are like the HW guys though.  >:( One of them is a huge sandtrooper guy.
LOL- does his JD ID start with RED?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2006, 03:28 AM »

Ran into a couple at C3, yeah...  Still, I mean there seems to be a big age gap (averaging just what I observe here) between the Hot Wheels guys and Star Wars guys...  there's also a general sense, at least around boards like here and some others, that this isn't a for-profit gig for us...  I know that's not what a lot of the remaining oldies at Rebelscum are like either like the staff or some of the members, though I notice more and more that the membership there is plagued by scalpers irregardless of how many get banned.  One just got banned tonight for outing himself as scalping then trying to smooth it over (I think he got banned anyway).

When I see those Hot Wheels guys they're like ravenous animals though and you can almost see the dollar signs in their eyes like a cartoon.  Star Wars guys I run into (despite the odd opportunistic prickball I run into) are usually strolling the aisles but a HW freak will knock down his own mother to get the "chase" UGO with the fireflame paintjob or whatever the hell they're after.   ::)

And they smell, but I can't go to a con anywhere without noticing that people who collect toys attract a lot of people who have an aversion to soap and water, and likely deoderant too.

A guy looking for Hot Wheels one night that left the aisle literally left a smell trail from where he was in the toys to where he went to get out the store's front doors.  It lingered like a fart in a car too, like poppie on Seinfeld.  It just sorta funked everything up.  I've stunk, but not to the point my odor stuck to everything I was near...  Cat piss smelled more pleasant than the funk permeating from that knucklehead.  It literally made me ill.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2006, 04:25 AM »
It lingered like a fart in a car too, like poppie on Seinfeld.  It just sorta funked everything up.

[SeinfeldSemantics]Poppy didn't smell bad.  Poppy just took a dump without washing his hands before preparing Jerry's meal, and later pissed on Jerry's new couch.  It was the valet who had the B.O. (the B.B.O.!).[/SeinfeldSemantics]

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2006, 09:41 AM »

You know, he told me his Sandtroopers ID a few times, 'cause I asked, and I never remembered. He doesn't come around he though. He knows better. He flat out tells you he doesn't pay for his collection and makes no appologies about it. :-\

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2006, 10:22 AM »
The way I look at people who scalp is this.  Have fun while you can, because when most of us are retired and living on the pensions and 401K we worked for all our lives, these morons will be bagging our groceries until they are 80 or dead.  Last time I checked this type of business practice did not have the best healthcare, retirement or skills that would lead to a better future.  Yeah I hate them but would never want to change my life to get a few figures that I can buy elsewhere.  Even if you pay over for one of these figs which I am sure some of us will have to do.  There will be tons of these on ebay.  Im sure some will turn up for reasonable prices.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2006, 12:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure these will end up like all the figures from the glory days of scalping in 1995-1997- unsold. My local comic shop still has loads of POTF2 and SOTE figures for $15 a piece, and they're the lame ones.

Sure, the scalpers will undoubtedly chase after them, but most SW fans aren't willing to pay the prices scalpers will ask for them. Unfortunately, there are a lot of idiots on ebay who will.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2006, 07:50 PM »
Newforcecomics sold out of all of their wave 4 pre-orders and I'm guessing that the chase figures are the primary reason. I only hope that there's going to be a lot of these. It seems that May is going to be a big month with lots of product, so one could guess that shelves could be packed with figures.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2006, 08:30 PM »

RED has a REAL job. But in addition to that, he imports his stuff early, buys direct, and sells for fun because he's basically a fan himself. Not quite the same as those guys hanging out at Wal-Mart looking to scoop regular shoppers.

-DD
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 05:15 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2006, 10:22 PM »
I have a real job too, I collect star wars toys for a living ::)

I wonder.. .. ..  ..   ..If it's 'for fun' and being a fan than why not sell the figs at cost then?!.....? ....? Whatever ::)