Author Topic: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)  (Read 60905 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)
« Reply #150 on: March 7, 2006, 03:43 PM »
 ::) Scalping at it's best. Maybe he IS a SW fan and is having fun though? :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 7, 2006, 11:50 PM »
Wow - what a bargain - only $100 a figure!

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-SAGA-TREASURE-HUNT-SET-10-FOIL-CHASE-FIGURES_W0QQitemZ6040212294QQcategoryZ101609QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow, that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Anyone who doesn't have major disposible income and actually makes that purchase is truely a moron.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 9, 2006, 09:56 AM »
Considering that buying the 5 cases that will net you the 10 figures comes to approximately 400-450 shipped, and that you would end up with 50 extra figures to do with as you please, this is one of the dumbest ebay purchases I have ever seen. If you spend that same grand buying cases, you would get an extra 100 figures for the same price or less. And you'll get them just as soon, if not sooner. Wow.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2006, 06:29 AM »
All one needs do is take a walk through the site over yonder's forums, and read all the people fllipping out who are quite obviously not veterans in this.  I mean, admittedly this isn't the brightest time in this hobby...  If anything this is one of the worst turning points in 10 years really, but at the same time there's people there who are in a tizzy about everything.  People were freaking over Carkoon Wave, then Hoth...

And they're perusing Ebay I see.

And there's one more reason big smelly slobs will gravitate from Hot Wheels to Star Wars...  They'll see the market has gone "their way" with this hobby, all thanks to Hasbro and retail. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Yep, I have to agree with that.  The amount of whining that you see these days from collectors is by far the most I have ever seen.  It makes me want to carry cheese and offer it every time I hear a "grown man" whine.

I was at Target last week and my wife got me two AT-AT drivers (my first 2, God bless her!) and a guy came down the toy aisle and when he saw her taking them both he cursed at her.  Then he tried to give her some BS of how she could only buy one, even though there was a third one on the pegs but this jockstrap wanted all three of them.  By this time I was behind him and took the 3rd one from the pegs and said "if you snooze you lose".  I was a jerk but I hate people yelling at my wife.  This guy will readily be verbally abusive to a woman over a little plastic toy (a rather cool one but still).

Still the amount of whining over the figures is too much.  One of my Targets restocked with two cases of Carkoon yesterday, but newbies tend not to have patience.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2006, 10:56 AM »
I understand the point about new collectors not having patience, but I think it applies to a lot of collectors in general (myself included). Some of this is because of the excitement of the new product. If we didn't get excited, we wouldn't be collecting it. But some of it comes from experience- We see almost every year a cool group of figures slated for late release, and then the stores don't order them or only stock them for a very brief time as they get ready to clearance out at the end of the year. How many frequent hunters (hitting stores 5 times or more a week) never saw many of the last 12 ROTS figures? Or the expanded universe figures? Or the last Episode 1 figures? Patience generally pays off, but not always. If a lot of these new collectors started with ROTS, the experiences of November/December trying to find a holographic plo-koon or wookie heavy gunner could make them a little more anxious when waves seem to come and go in a matter of 3-4 weeks.
I've made at least 15 trips to the stores in my area in the last 7 days. I hit a U clone at a Walmart, and everything else has been dry. I mean bare peg dry. That kind of reinformcement schedule can drive a lot of people to ebay, or in my case, on line etailers. And it will certainly get worse now that the supply is not meeting demand, as third parties scour the toy aisles hoping to make a few bucks.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2006, 01:33 PM »
Y'know, I only ever get nervous about end-of-line figures these days.  Up here we've been burned so many times on them that I just buck up and prepare for the worst.  At the same time, as a loose collector, patience is a tremendous virtue.  There's a guy that lives here in Winnipeg and is on the boards very, very rarely.  He's pretty close to up to date and he has more patience than anyone I've ever met with respect to collecting.  There's maybe two dozen figures from the modern line he's paid over retail for.  Many of the common figures or peg warmers he'll wait to get down the road for less than retail.  Amazing to watch. 

That said it is an interesting time to try and figure out what is/will happen with current line product.  Hasbro is clearly trying to keep the ROTS wave rolling along merrily by pushing the product hard so they don't enter a lull period.  At the same time this is a typically slow retail time for "indoor" toys like action figures.  I'm surprised that stock continues to flow so well, so I can't really blame people for being nervous.  But history keeps showing stuff will show up, 90% of the time, either in time or prices will moderate.  It's only the rare exception that goes up in value these days and it usually makes it's way back down soon enough.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2006, 04:31 PM »
End of line figures are always scarce and hard to find.  That I understand.  But patience is indeed a great virtue.  I bought most of my ROTS figures in those TRU megapacks for cheaper than regular retail. 

I bought all my Target exclusive vehicles at 50 or 75% clearance.  Some for cinema scenes back in the day and other multi-packs.  I remember when Kay Bee had the buy one get one deals with POTF2 vehicles and rebel pilots/jabba's guards cinema scenes.  I made a killing for customs on those 2 sets alone.

I know not everyone can do this and I am not suggesting it either.  I am just sharing.  I had never missed out in a single figure at retail including Battle Amidala and Holo Leia.  Maybe I am too lucky or I just do not care enough to go crazy over it.

Either good luck to us all ;)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2006, 06:44 PM »
Final waves are generally a time to order online and save yourself aggrevation.  I did it with POTJ because I got burned on E1...  I didn't do it with ROTS and probably should have given the bitch of a time I had finding anything.  Live and Learn...

If I panic anywhere it's from my standpoint as an army builder...  Obviously Clones are important to me, but I also have a fundamental rule to my collecting that I won't pay above retail for anything (besides shipping) simply because I don't wanna feed the peckerheads that plague the hobby and leech off everyone in it that just wants to have fun.

I get the biggest kick out of going to the local Toy Show when I pick things up that some sad sack is trying to unload for less than he paid because there was no market in this...  Now, back in December there were Clearance Saga figures for as much as $10 each as everyone was riding some dumbass high for this line, but it's been fun in the past sticking it to these same people and making them lose a buck or two on stuff they've had for years and can't sell.  Nothing like the feeling of buying 2-1B for $1 off a guy that has a $7 price sticker on the figure. :)

The panic I see over yonder is just rampant though...  It's not minor stuff, we're talking full out anarchy to the point it plagues the other forum with the most asinine fights and posts that make little to no sense, all because people are in this excited panic that they won't get their Scorch figure...  I can understand to a point how they feel, but at the same time it's f'n March, not November, and we've got a long ways to go here...  It's early, so some of the panicing is just silly.

Not to mention that Scorch sorta blows, but that's something I'll save for review time. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2006, 01:31 PM »
You're right, Scorch blows big time.

I was going to do my second review on him but I'll let you have the honors!   :P

Back to the Bounty Hunt figures, I wonder how much they'll fetch on ebay - $40-50 a pop?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2006, 05:32 PM »
I still give him a B. If not for the legs he'd be an A. Funny how folks always expect Hasbro to perfect they're first-time fig ::). I'm a little less critical than that. I love his ball waist joint, think the paint aps and likeness are awesome..but that's just me. 8)

--Urb

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2006, 05:36 PM »
Ultimate Galactic Hunt figures are going to be tougher to find than a sober cheerleader on prom night. But I think they will settle down to $12-15.00 on the secondary market after the initial excitement phase of $30-40.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Not worried in the least being able to get these.....and won't use case ordering or ebay to get what I need; won't have to. ::)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2006, 01:53 PM »
Well if we could all toy shop all day the world would be a much better place!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2006, 02:21 PM »
yeah, if only I could toy shop all day ::) :P

would definately be better than 3-4 times a week for 3 hours a day ::)