Author Topic: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)  (Read 60949 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2006, 04:57 AM »

The panic I see over yonder is just rampant though...  It's not minor stuff, we're talking full out anarchy to the point it plagues the other forum with the most asinine fights and posts that make little to no sense, all because people are in this excited panic that they won't get their Scorch figure...  I can understand to a point how they feel, but at the same time it's f'n March, not November, and we've got a long ways to go here...  It's early, so some of the panicing is just silly.

Not to mention at the end of the day...these are stupid little pieces of plastic, people. It's a fun hobby and I enjoy every moment of collecting and especially customizing...but it's not the most important focus of my life, and if it is anyone's primary focus...that's pretty damn sad. We're talking "Hot Wheels" level of pathetic, here.  ;)

The ones I feel bad for are the kids...I'm making sure any extra Cody I find goes into the hands of some kid that's gonna crack that package and play with the blasted thing.

As for the "Treasure Hunts..." aren't you all glad they're just the same figure but in a shiny package? You don't HAVE to collect them unless you're a raccoon.

Still a fan and still having fun,

-DD
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 04:58 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2006, 07:13 AM »
For me, I have kids I have to buy for and it's hard, but at the same time I have an "every man (and child) for himself" mentality with this.  If I can help a kid out on the side more power to the effort...  I got a kid a Chewbacca before X-Mas because I ran into a guy desperately searching for one while on my trips, figured I'd help out...  Just a chance thing though.

To me, if you wanna focus anger, there's this company that begins with H and ends with O, and they're 50% of the problem kids have with finding anything...  The other 50% are the shittacular retail outlets we all are forced to deal with.  Between pricing, availability, and just asinine handling of the line right now from top to bottom (intentionally dragging in the opportunist pricks who will undoubtebly buy with the intent of making a buck?  Thanks Hasbro you bastards!), there's a lot of reasons kids can't find figures and collectors are the least of them.  We're just like kids, only bigger and with more $...  Hell I even play with my figures, but kids I only feel as bad for them as I do my next door collector buddy who can't find **** either.  We're all hosed here.

I wanna leave a steamer on the Star Wars team lead's desk.  A couple on the desks of retail execs would be nice too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2006, 09:34 AM »
I think the retailers are becoming a much bigger part of the problem. They have become accustomed to being able to tell the companies producing the product they sell when, where, and how much to make. I think Hasbro has gone too far in allowing the big box retailers to determine product line, price point targets, product size, and quantities. It's like Hasbro has become a subsidiary of Target/Walmart, and only does what they want.

They have Hasbro direct now. I picked up my brother in laws voice activated R2 there, and was very happy with the site and the speed of shipping. It seems like this is a good outlet for ships, maybe playsets, who knows what else. It simply gives Hasbro a venue to provide product without bending over for everything Target and Walmart want to tell them to do (and not to do). They also have other online etailers eager to sell anything they can get their hands on, and I think these companies tend to be a bit more in touch with collector interests.

I guess my point here is that the retailers seem to be hurting hasbro- they refuse to carry large items like playsets and large ships, they aren't putting basic figure product on the shelves, and when they do they are pricing it so it doesn't move. So as a producer of toys, they should be exploring their other options for getting their products to their customers.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2006, 03:16 PM »
guess I'll be the 'coon then :-*

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2006, 08:46 PM »
guess I'll be the 'coon then :-*

More power to you, then. I don't begrudge anyone their collecting habits...if people want to chase the silver foil variants, then hell, go for it, and good hunting!

I will admit that they're kind of purty.  :P

One thing I think is going to be a problem for carded collectors though, is finding ones in good condition. If that holofoil is anything like the ones they used to have on those Ultraforce figures back in the 90's, it stands a fair chance of getting pretty badly scratched, and that's just while in the case...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2006, 09:17 PM »
Phew :)  Big relief on what these are going to be and how they look. Definitely not a big enough difference to warrant purchasing any. 

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2006, 10:44 PM »
I didn't expect to care much about a packaging variation myself, since my carded collection has maybe 60 figures in it, but I've decided that the AT-AT driver may be my all time favorite figure when this line is said and done 12 years from now, and dang nabbit, I want the silly silver cardback version to give to my grandkids so they can hock it for $2.77 in 2036.
That, my friends, was a terrible run-on sentence. My apologies to any english/grammar teachers in the group.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2006, 02:26 AM »
saw these at the local toy show the other day..nothing really special but foil packing and the mini metal figure.

bad move Hasbro  >:(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2006, 09:20 AM »
How much were they charging?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2006, 09:35 AM »
saw these at the local toy show the other day..nothing really special but foil packing and the mini metal figure.

bad move Hasbro >:(

FYI - the figure isn't metal, it's just painted silver.

Thanks for the update!

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2006, 12:30 PM »

$50!!    ask red5sixx for them  :-*

painted silver? thats crap  >:(
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 12:31 PM by SpudTrooper »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2006, 08:56 PM »
Well after seeing these I could not care less if i get them or not. If i see it i will pick it up, if not oh well. Nothing very special about them.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2006, 09:52 PM »
I'm thankful, at least, it's nothing more than this, but I'm still irked.  THis is gonna just bring outsiders into the hobby more than normal...  It means figures will be lying on the floor more often than they usually do (I find that Hot Wheels is usually a mess of crap on the floor while Star Wars only SOMETIMES is).  There will inevitably be people pulling figures down to look at the mini and not put stuff back.  I hate that.

Tack onto that though the simple fact MORE people we don't really care to deal with are gonna jump in...  It'd be great if it blew up in their face somehow and everything was easy to find, even chases, but I have a hard time believing that would happen. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2006, 10:22 PM »

$50!!    ask red5sixx for them  :-*

Must be nice to be such a fan to charge that much for a base and holo thats painted silver.  ::)
I remember my dream now.

Offline kesselrunking

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2006, 10:50 PM »
These galactic hunts are a joke. I say let the scalpers have them all! In a few months after thier release they will be worth crap! After all the ignorant people are done paying GALACTIC prices. For real fans these are nothing, it is just a quick gimmick to fuel unwarranted interest into the line.