Author Topic: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)  (Read 60759 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Nice to see the NewForce case assortments there...

Man, I wish Hasbro would just step up and give us some clarification on all kinds of different things - what's the deal with the vOTC wave 2, the Lucas mail-away, the Bounty Hunt Stuff, etc etc etc.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2006, 10:26 AM »
Man, I wish Hasbro would just step up and give us some clarification on all kinds of different things

That would take more than average effort, my friend.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2006, 10:27 AM »
I'd definitely like to see some more updates/clarification from Hasbro on all these different rumors.  I'm happy that it looks like the "Bounty Hunt" figures will likely be just packaging and/or paint variations, although it still stinks.  I'm just glad that it looks like it won't be "new" figures, or the worst idea ever of having the VOTC figures be chases.  That said, any type of "chase" seems to be bad for the hobby.  I know around here, its hard enough to just find the basic figures at all, let alone anything that is shortpacked or a "chase" scenario.  I've been fortunate enough to find (most of) the first two waves this year, but just because I happened to be there at the right time.  The pegs are bare the next day, and then stay that way until they get a new shipment.  At least around here, we could handle things to be shipped a little more heavily.  Anyways, back on topic, I hope we get some clarification on this soon.  I'm sure we'll hear at Toy Fair, but it would be nice if it was a little bit sooner.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2006, 11:03 AM »
I ordered this case from Newforce:

(2) Darth Vader Hoth
(1) Fire Pilot
(1) Commander Cody
(1) Neimoidian Pilot
(2) Clone Trooper
(1) Foul Moudama (Muftak Jedi)
(1) Anakin Skywalker
(1) Ki Adi Mundi (hologram)
(1) General Grievous (Bounty Hunt figure)
(1) Scorch (Bounty Hunt figure)

5 clones in a case can't be all bad and getting an extra Scorch seems a sensible thing to do.  Now I'll see what all this darn hype is about. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2006, 11:10 AM »
I order from Rick whenever I can but I don't like the fact that you can't get the Coruscant wave in one swoop.

No matter which case you buy, you end up missing at least one figure from the wave.

And all of the cases contain at least one Darth Vader Hoth -  in most cases, you get two!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2006, 11:31 AM »
Ok, more to add to these rumors...I just downloaded the Star Wars Action News Podcast (from Review Star Wars - the one with Part 1 of their Steve Sansweet interview, and they talk about rumors from various Star Wars toylines, and they are saying the  chase figures will be repacked figures with foil cards/cardbacks.  I don't know how accurate their rumors are, I haven't listened to their podcasts before this, but take that for what you will.  If you download/listen to this, it is around the 21 minute mark of the podcast.

They also talk about the actual "Bounty Hunt" figures, and say that these will consist of only figures that are "Bounty Hunters and their prey" - such as Fett, Han, Leia Boussh, etc., and you have to look on the back of the cards to see if they are "Bounty Hunt" figures...and the backs will have a sticker that are bounty stickers that you can cut out and send in (rumored to be 10) to get the George Lucas as Stormtrooper figure.  More in the podcast, but there are some more rumors.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2006, 11:58 AM »
I believe the part about the foil card/sticker, but I don't know if I believe the notion that only figures that been bounty hunters/prey are included in the chase promotion.

Rick's list has Greivous and Vader as chase figures - and they are not associated with bounty hunters and/or their prey...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2006, 12:02 PM »
They sort of talked about them as two different things, which was news to me as well.  The "chase" figures being the foil cardbacks, and the "Bounty Hunt" being the George Lucas promotion dealio.  Maybe I misunderstood, but that's kind of what I gathered from it.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2006, 02:49 PM »
They sort of talked about them as two different things, which was news to me as well.  The "chase" figures being the foil cardbacks, and the "Bounty Hunt" being the George Lucas promotion dealio.  Maybe I misunderstood, but that's kind of what I gathered from it.

That's what others are gathering based on the evidence seen so far. Looks to me like that's the way things are pointing as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2006, 03:06 PM »
So, our best guess using the research so far looks like this?

Bounty Hunt Figures =
- ten total (Han, Vader, Fett, Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver, Grievous, Anakin, Scorch, Cody, Obi-Wan)   [taken from ToyWiz and NewForce info]
- each Bounty Hunt figure is only 1 per case   [taken from NewForce info]
- case may have anywhere from 0 to 2 Bounty Hunt Figures per case   [taken from EE info]
- most likely have Foil Cardback (aka Packaging Variation)   [taken from various sources]
- may or may not have paint modifications to the actual figure   [taken from various sources]
- may or may not have a Lucas mail-away offer on the back   [taken from various sources]

And then, completely separate from this is:

vOTC =
- X-Wing Luke, Greedo, SA Scout, Endor Han, Tusken with a Lucas mail-away offer on the back.
- no idea on the when/where for distribution yet
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2006, 05:35 PM »
I have to say that Hasbro has already scored a victory amoung collectors with the Chase figures. Look at JD or any SW site and how much discussion is going on about it! It is driving interest in the line, regarless of whether this is positive or negative interest. With me I have no interest in the chase figures nor do I care if I miss out on an exclusive figure by not finding the "Chase" figures. It is enough for me to hunt the figures I want so I won't be going out of my way on these.  There are other figures I am missing in my collection and I don't miss em at all (Jorg Secul).
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2006, 09:00 AM »
I donno if I would call it a victory. There may be no such thing as bad publicity, but it desn't mean people are going to embrace the idea. For me, the interest in the promotion is whether or not I'm going to be closing the book on this part of the hobby which translates into lost revenue for the retailors.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 09:02 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2006, 01:02 AM »
From a strict business sense, any noise is good noise, but of course things aren't that simple...  So Jay's got a point, but in the end I think if they go the "worst case scenario" route, then we'll see a negative backlash which isn't what the possible intent is...  Well it certainly isn't of course.

But, I'm leaning more and more to a packaging thing.  Still, people need to band together with local collectors, team up and get those sets if you want the exclusive...  I know I do, as odd as it is, but if these turn out hard to find it'll be a mess no matter what it is...  Packaging for (*gulp*) figures, that are the real "bounty hunt" item.

I hope for packaging since it's happening one way or another, but I have my sympathies for the carded guys, no doubt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2006, 09:28 AM »
  Still, people need to band together with local collectors, team up and get those sets if you want the exclusive...  I know I do, as odd as it is, but if these turn out hard to find it'll be a mess no matter what it is...  Packaging for (*gulp*) figures, that are the real "bounty hunt" item.

Too ture, but I'd still like to send a message to Hasbro and/or the retailers a message that we're not happy about chase figures (well, at least I'm not :-X ,) and the only way to do that is to hit the bottom line. Getting 'em despite that fact just says that we're little puppies who will run after any bone. :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2006, 12:36 PM »
So long as these are repacks, I could care less.

The minute they start making new sculpts into chase figures is when I'll have a problem with it.