Author Topic: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)  (Read 60753 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)
« Reply #30 on: January 9, 2006, 01:00 AM »
If that's the true meaning of the Bounty Hunt, I'm totally in.  Escpecially if these are VOTC styled with a removable helmet - that would be sweet.

:P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 9, 2006, 02:11 AM »
If this is the case, I'll just pack up my 12,000 jedi master points and send them off to Hasbro with a nasty little ****-you note and tell them where they can send me my stupid mail-away figure.

Even if that's not how the rules work.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 9, 2006, 09:58 AM »
A guy on my local collecting forum posted a quote from another website, which had some rumored info about this Bounty Hunt...

Apparently the hunt will be involved with the new VOTC figs. While the figs themselves will be shipped everywhere (like regular cases), certain figs will have some special type of Proof of Purchase on it. This is the Bounty Hunt. get enough of the special POPs and you can mail them in for a George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise figure.

If this is what the Bounty Hunt is, I'll breathe a sigh of relief. Of course, this is still a rumor.

:-\

That would be much better. Having to tack down UPC's is better than having to track down figures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: January 9, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Have you guys seen the list of rumored "Bounty Hunt" figures going around?

Apparently an e-tailer, ToyWiz (which is somehow related to ToyFare/Wizard), says that these are the "Bounty Hunt" figures and they are even letting you pre-order them for only $20 each. 

Snowtrooper
Boba Fett
AT-AT Driver
Darth Vader
Han Solo (Carbonite)
Commander Cody
Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
General Grevious
Scorch

Anyway, this new rumor says that the "Bounty Hunt" figures are nothing more than paint variants to the basic figures - things like an ESB deco Fett, Mygeeto Clone Snowtrooper, Alternate Republic Commando, etc etc.

Anyway, this is nothing more than ANOTHER rumor about these, so don't get too worked up about them yet...  but I'm right there in the "This Bounty Hunt idea SUCKS" column for now.  ;)

It's interesting to me that right now there are THREE theories out there (new vOTC = Bounty Hunt; PoP Mail-Away = Bounty Hunt; or Paint Variants = Bounty Hunt) and not a single one has any sort of way to back up their report. 

I guess we will most likely have to wait until Toy Fair in February before Hasbro spills the beans on this "Bounty Hunt" nonsense...  >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 9, 2006, 11:06 AM »
"Bounty Hunt" figures are nothing more than paint variants to the basic figures - things like an ESB deco Fett, Mygeeto Clone Snowtrooper, Alternate Republic Commando, etc etc.

Okay this bothers me a little bit, especially if this is going to be the only release of the Mygeeto clone under Ki Adi.  First of all, I want about 8 of them and they're gonna be $20.  Also, that particular one is not a straight up repaint of a snowtrooper, because the helmet differes.  The snowtrooper has 2 separate "eyes" on the helmet, and the Mygeeto trooper has a solid visor like the regular clone helmets for the "eyes". 
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: January 9, 2006, 11:15 AM »
Okay this bothers me a little bit, especially if this is going to be the only release of the Mygeeto clone under Ki Adi.  First of all, I want about 8 of them and they're gonna be $20.  Also, that particular one is not a straight up repaint of a snowtrooper, because the helmet differes.  The snowtrooper has 2 separate "eyes" on the helmet, and the Mygeeto trooper has a solid visor like the regular clone helmets for the "eyes". 

Don't get too worried yet.  Like I said, everything is just in rumor mode at this point - if you look around the various sites you'll see all kinds of speculation about who is getting repainted and how much - on the snowtrooper for example, I've seen anywhere from "Snowtrooper Officer" to "Mygeeto Clone".

This whole things sucks because there is WAY too much "fiction" out there and not enough "fact" at the moment...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 9, 2006, 12:50 PM »
Not concerned, will get what ever they dish ::). I just wish the BIG H would HURRY AND OFFER UP a press release so I know what direction to go in, until then,I believe nothing (other than I'll get it anyway) >:(

SilverZ

« Reply #37 on: January 9, 2006, 01:49 PM »
Hopefully at this point Hasbro has seen the reaction and that press release reads:

"Bounty Hunt figures won't be happening now. Our bad. Sorry about us being lame again."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 9, 2006, 03:19 PM »
heh heh, good try Jared...not in this millenium ::)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #39 on: January 9, 2006, 03:22 PM »
Adam Pawlus seems to think it has to do with the packaging variation theory, which would be fine with me (could care less).  I also wouldn't be too upset about paint variants, except in the case of something like the Mygeeto Snow Clone.  But if really if it came down to it, I could just make my own, which is what I ended up doing with the Tac Ops Trooper.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 9, 2006, 04:23 PM »
If it is indeed just packaging variations, that wouldn't bother me too much (although I would feel for the completists).  Even repaints wouldn't be terrible, but it depends on what they are.  If it would mean it was next to impossible to find a Mygeeto clone (or any clone for that matter), I wouldn't like that either.  Above all, I hope that the notion that the "chases" could be VOTC styled figures like a Biker Scout is all but dead now.  That would be the worst idea ever.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: January 9, 2006, 07:12 PM »
I read that too Jeff...  Best case scenario is, to me, the packaging variant where the POP is special...  That's my opinion, and it still sucks becuase it'll annoy carded collectors as much as paint variants and other junk is going to annoy EVERY collector.  But that's why it's better too...  at least it won't annoy everyone.

This is just a huge collecting ass jam waiting to happen IMO, and I don't expect much positive to come of this.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 9, 2006, 07:14 PM »
That's a good point someone made earlier about the piles of Jedi Master Points we all have sitting around.  We haven't even gotten our fair share of goodies from those yet and they're already starting a new promotion.  Those few days of "auctions" they had with the JMP was total crap.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

SilverZ

« Reply #43 on: January 9, 2006, 08:30 PM »
If it turns out to be a new POP based offer, let's start a JD JMP recycling program. We can cram all of our useless cardboard into a giant box and ship it off to Hasbro with a note that says, "Thanks for nothing. Please recycle."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #44 on: January 9, 2006, 08:42 PM »
I second that motion.   :)