Author Topic: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)  (Read 60914 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)
« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Regardless of the profit margin for the scalpers, it is disgusting.
And what's worse, it was intentional.

They call it "buzz" and it is indeed intentional.  I never really thought there was much of a "scalping" market for star wars toys, outside of some exclusives and some clones.  This clearly changes all that.   ::) >:(  Just a spectacular buzz for the young kids that make up the majority of the market I suppose :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2006, 07:11 PM »
dunno if this helps any of you guys, but over at mousedroid.com in the forums this was reported

The UGH Figure  will be available as a sealed case of 12 figures (all 10 plus and additional Cody/Snowtrooper) from Case Fresh in May. Case Fresh listened to the fans concerns and approached Hasbro Australia to get sealed complete set case made up for the Australian market. Thru CF's initiative and marketing power they were able to ensure your Hunt was more like a walk in the park. More testament to the fact that CF is the Aussie collectors best friend.

Sealed cases of the Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures will be up on the Case Fresh website once they upload the 2006 Star Wars Line for pre-order. No need to send your money overseas when you can hunt for a complete set from the luxury of your keyboard. Check back soon for updates.

so the site doing it is casefresh.com and the prices are in aussie dollars , current exchange rrate is about 73cents = $1 US plus for overseas buyers they take out 10% gst so it becomes cheaper again , might be worth looking at for those that dont want to hunt, but want the figures.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2006, 07:49 PM »
Wow, great information Hemish, though I'm always leary of it appearing in a public forum.  Great for the collectors out there, but not everyone is noble.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  Still, thanks. :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2006, 08:45 PM »
Yes, please keep us updated.

It may be an option for some people who are noble and don't get into the stores very often.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2006, 01:10 AM »
ebay link

Cody is now a Galactic hunt figure!
But at such a price who would buy?

fixed your link - Jesse
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 01:37 PM by JesseVader08 »
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2006, 01:22 AM »
Your link doesn't work.
"This is the way."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2006, 06:22 AM »
The UGH Figure  will be available as a sealed case of 12 figures (all 10 plus and additional Cody/Snowtrooper) from Case Fresh in May. Case Fresh listened to the fans concerns and approached Hasbro Australia to get sealed complete set case made up for the Australian market. Thru CF's initiative and marketing power they were able to ensure your Hunt was more like a walk in the park. More testament to the fact that CF is the Aussie collectors best friend.

You know - if this is true, I am not surprised. I was partially expecting that either in the fall or by Christmas time a place like either StarWarsShop.com, HasbroToyShop.com or even perhaps EntertainmentEarth would be offering a case of ONLY the UGH variants. Only in my head, the way it would work out is that in those cases there would be two more figures that weren't part of the UGH Coruscant Wave assortments. So let's say that instead of and extra Cody and Snowtrooper, it was the Utapau Clone and Sandtrooper from the Tatooine Wave.

I guess if CaseFresh is getting this, it's still in the realm of possibility for a online store here in the US to get the same kind of thing.

Right now, I'm just happy that I've been able to find four of these UGH variants and all four of them have different silvered mini-holograms.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 24, 2006, 06:59 AM »
Your link doesn't work. 

Hmmm, damn problems all the time...well I'll try and fix it but I searched up Commander Cody on eBay right, I found a commander cody chase figure on there.
So far it is at 53$ I think. 

Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 24, 2006, 08:22 AM »
More than 200 UGH on ebay now. Interestingly, no scorch or grievous that I could see. Maybe those will be more plentiful if/when Walmarts start stocking basic figs again.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2006, 09:18 AM »
Pawlus has a full set....

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2006, 09:33 AM »
I opened 3 cases yesterday to finally get caught up with the regular figures, but not one UGH figure. NOt really upset about it though. If they offer full cases then i will do that.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2006, 10:21 AM »
I walked into Target this Morning, and found a fresh Case of the Corascant Wave on the Pegs. I had lucked out and found this wave last week as well, so I went strait for the Army Builders, Cody, Fire Speeder Pilot, and the 2 Utaupa Clone Troopers that shipped w/ that assortment. Ase I was shuffleing through the figs on the Pegs I noticed there were 2 Codys instead of the 2 Clone Troopers. I thought they must have made a Mistake when they packed the Case. Then I turned the Cody Card Over to read the Bio and noticed a Silver Sidious Fig was in the Hologram Bubble. That's when I realized I scored a Galactic Hunt commander Cody! Of all the Galactic Hunt Figures being released this one and Scorch are the ones I want the Most.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2006, 10:41 AM »
Thanks to this "promotion," which is sure to become a fixture, I have never been happier that I'm nolonger a carded completist.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2006, 11:39 AM »
It's been slightly irritating for me but I'm not panicking yet. Something not so easy for me since it's scalper bait. I am a carded guy and I know I'll get these all eventually. I just have to wait until they hit my WM's in town here. So far they only hit our Targets and I can't go to those because I work (50 mile round trip).

Sounds like I'm seeing ALOT of posts of folks getting these and I'm happy/excited for them. The more folks get stuff the less negative/sad posts we see on here.

Awesome post Hemish..I'm sure folks will take advantage of that! ;D

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2006, 03:05 PM »
Picked up a cody and at at driver UGH figs this morning.  Got boba and snowtrooper yesterday.  I cant wait to get the scorch and vader