Author Topic: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)  (Read 60897 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)
« Reply #240 on: March 27, 2006, 12:50 AM »
A local hot wheels guy took the Fett the other day and had the gull of asking me the value of it.  I said 5.89 :P

Good call. Like we're supposed to encourage people outside of SW collecting to buy our toys out from under us and mark them up on eBay. ::)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 27, 2006, 07:45 AM »
I am glad the completist in my gave up with news of these figs.  If I find one I will surely keep it, but if I dont then there is no loss of sleep for me. 

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 27, 2006, 08:32 AM »
Just another note about how collector friendly this concept is.

I ran into Wal Mart when they opened Saturday- on my way back to the toys I passed a guy carrying some cars. He saw where I was headed and followed me to the SW figures. There was nothing there, but he say "Oh yeah, I almost forgot about those silver stand figures, gotta keep those on the list."

Hasbro managed to get themselves back on the HW/flea dealer circuit. Bravo. Mission Accomplished.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 27, 2006, 08:59 PM »
Yeah - here in NJ all of the typical hot wheel collector losers are now going right for the Star Wars section as opposed to rushing over to the Hot Wheels when the store opens.

This can, at times, get to be a tad frustrating.

Luckily, persistence has paid off for me, I have 1 each of the AT-AT Driver, Commander Cody, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi and 2 each of Anakin, Boba Fett and the Snowtrooper.

All I need to do is score a Scorch and General Grievous and I'm all set - and I haven't been doing anything different then I normally do - hit at least one WalMart and one Target every morning.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2006, 09:37 PM »
Dang, nice scores Pete!

I have a lone Obi Wan, but it is early yet.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 28, 2006, 09:52 AM »
Just another note about how collector friendly this concept is.

I ran into Wal Mart when they opened Saturday- on my way back to the toys I passed a guy carrying some cars. He saw where I was headed and followed me to the SW figures. There was nothing there, but he say "Oh yeah, I almost forgot about those silver stand figures, gotta keep those on the list."

Hasbro managed to get themselves back on the HW/flea dealer circuit. Bravo. Mission Accomplished.

Yeah, the wost is, they know you don't give a crap about HW, so they'll beat you to the SW section. >:(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 28, 2006, 10:01 AM »
Yeah, the wost is, they know you don't give a crap about HW, so they'll beat you to the SW section. >:(

This has been happening to me every morning I venture out and I can't stand it.  More so than with any other line of SW figs.  I've never had to race to the SW section to get what I need.

Are all HW people scalpers or do some actually collect both lines?  If they collected SW on a regular basis for their own needs, then I wouldn't have as big of a problem with them as I have now.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

SilverZ

« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2006, 02:57 PM »
I think they have a more advanced case of OCD than even we do, and will buy anything they think is rare, regardless of line. The guys I run into at one Walmart here are nice enough guys, but hoard exclusives because they're paranoid that some other HW collector will grab what they need in the HW aisle, and use the other on-HW items as barter.

It's ******.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 28, 2006, 03:37 PM »
Well now I'm truly frustrated. How is it that I've been able to acquire 2 each of Cody, AT-AT Driver, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Snowtrooper & Boba Fett, but I can't find even ONE of either Scorch or General Grievous!

***GRRRR***

If this morning I had come across the two I need instead of being able to score six more of the same ones I already had, I'd be on "hunt vacation" until the 2006 VOTC figures started to hit.  >:(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2006, 04:03 PM »
Could be worse, you could have zero UGH figures... ::)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2006, 04:22 PM »
I've yet to see any.  I don't want any, but I don't like having to compete with the HW folks when finding stuff is already a chore.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2006, 04:55 PM »
That is part of the problem right there. If there are no UGH, they are just going to grab whatever else they think is hot (clones etc).   ::) 

Pete, it looks like Grievous and scorch are shipping later. A quick check of ebay will tell you that there are virtually none in the system yet. Rest assured, they will hit. If you want to unload any of your current extras, I would gladly grab a couple  :)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2006, 06:47 PM »
Could be worse, you could have zero UGH figures... ::)

You're right, I suppose I should be grateful to some degree. I was mostly voicing my disgust than anything else. I know there are people here who have yet to find any.

Pete, it looks like Grievous and scorch are shipping later. A quick check of ebay will tell you that there are virtually none in the system yet. Rest assured, they will hit. If you want to unload any of your current extras, I would gladly grab a couple :)

Thanks, I hadn't even thought to check eBay to see if they are surfacing in any sort of quantity.

I haven't quite decided what to do with the extra nine I have (I have two extra Anakins). This morning I could have even grabbed yet another Anakin and Obi-Wan, but I just left them for the next guy. I guess I'll figure that out when I get the last two for my own set.
Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2006, 07:51 PM »
I'm trying to keep an eye out for UGH stuff for local collectors...  I figure it's the least bit of payback I can do to the group that's helped me a lot, and it's a good thing for everyone in an organized local collecting group I think.

I haven't seen any of the chases myself though...  Been pretty dry on regular stuff so the chase stuff I imagine is even less likely to show.  I did score the Titanium Chase Figs for my one friend.  He got me Scorch so I figure it's a good way to pay him back. :)  I've seen those a couple times though.  I wonder if it's price or if they're just more available?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2006, 11:14 PM »
Bigbadtoystore has all the UGH figs in stock, though most are a bit too expensive.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN