Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 127147 times)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Dustin isn't trying for a free trip to Comic Con. The company he works for will send him regardless if he wins or doesn't. And buying your own votes is cheap, but if that's what you feel you need to do to win this "fun" competition, then so be it. I had/am having fun seeing our mockery of it every time I load our main page. It's all about the fun, right?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2006, 06:54 PM »
It's all about the fun, right?

Dude, it is totally about the fun.  That's all it's ever been about.  Do you guys not see the fun in the pictures, banners, and links all over the place?  Or the thirty front page "news stories" mentions in about as many days?  [And forget about the one where Philip said he was "underwhelmed by the (lack of) subscriptions" - that was all in fun, too.]  It's just that you guys at JediDefender are so eager to nitpick at anything having to do with Rebelscum that you just refuse to see how much fun everybody else is having with this campaign.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 07:04 PM by MWB »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2006, 08:20 PM »
Not to fuel the fire, but I totally agree. I'm against buying votes, which is exactly what this is.

First of all, this entire contest is about buying votes.   It has nothing to do with your level of fandom, your platform, how many friends you have, etc.  It's all about "how many subscriptions can you sell?".  In an arena like that, I don't know that there's anything wrong with buying a few to put yourself over the top.  When I was a kid I sold "Captain O" products (stationary and stuff) door to door, so I could win cool prizes.  I remember when I was a few points away from the prize I wanted, I had not problem buying an item for myself (or selling more to the family).  I don't see how this is any different.  Dustin is running for a free trip to Comic Con.  If he was down by 4 votes, he'd be stupid NOT to buy a few subscriptions and pop himself over the top. That trip is expensive.

Yeah, I understand what the contest is about...I guess my gripe there is just about the ****** contest itself.

You don't think that Dustin is a true Star Wars fan?  I know some of you guys don't like the dude, but come on.  Just because he works for Rebelscum doesn't mean he's not a fan just like (and probably even more than) a lot of other people out there.   As for "doing this for fun", it's become very obvious it's not just for fun anymore.  He's trying VERY hard to win.....and that's why I think eventually some cash will have to be laid down.  Maybe that USC guy is already taking money out of pocket, who knows?

I phrased that wrong, sorry. I didn't mean "true fan" in the sense that Dustin wasn't a true fan, but in the sense that I'd rather see someone win that didn't send out messages to the entire community to support him and banners on 30 different sites.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 08:24 PM by Victor_Von_Doom »
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2006, 08:34 PM »
I'd rather see someone win that didn't send out messages to the entire community to support him and banners on 30 different sites.

Well, again...I suppose like any election, it's not about the best candidate for the job, but the one who has the most backing. 

Personally...I don't see how this contest is anything but a drive to sign up people for that piece of **** Hyperspace service, so Dustin deserves to win it as much as anyone.

I would have liked to have seen Jeff give him a run for his money to make things interesting, but I'm underwhelmed by the support for him so far.  It sucks that this USC guy isn't a collector we all know, I'd love to find out how he's getting all the referrals.

Got Clones?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2006, 08:35 PM »
Buying the win would be so comically petty and lame that I don't know if I want it to NOT happen.  ;D

Not that the whole thing isn't about buying wins anyway and whatnot, but yeah, whoring up as many phantom accounts as you could to win it all at the end "just because you can afford it", would be too priceless really.  And not unexpected, and I agree with Josh it'd be easy enough.  I could find 10 people to give accounts to, and I don't have a lot of friends even...

It is all "fun" though!  Yay!

Where's my hindenberg photo of fun falling on everyone?

but I'm underwhelmed

Us too, look for a big newspost on it in the near future!   >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2006, 09:24 PM »
Latest results:

1. uscwannabe                   70
2. dustin@rebelscum.com 57
3. mkDCSWCC                   9
4. fanostarwars            3

Jeff, you really need to get on the ball if you really want to win this thing.   >:(
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 09:25 PM by MWB »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2006, 09:48 PM »
He still can do it...  I have faith.

All we have to do is get the backing of what's left of the Star Wars "community".
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2006, 10:24 PM »
Jeff, you really need to get on the ball if you really want to win this thing.   >:(

:'(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2006, 01:41 AM »
There's no crying in politics man!

Get ahold of yourself!

*grabs Jeff and slaps him*

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2006, 01:52 AM »
There's no crying in politics man!

Get ahold of yourself!

*grabs Jeff and slaps him*

No no, we need to be asking ourselves, how can we spin this in our favor? Maybe a front page piece portraying Jeff being so concerned for the future of the SW comunity, he was moved to tears by the efforts the community is making in his direction?

Yes? Yes.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2006, 09:16 AM »
He still can do it... I have faith.

All we have to do is get the backing of what's left of the Star Wars "community".

Well, there' still Yakface and GH, right?

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2006, 02:53 PM »
He still can do it... I have faith.

Well, there' still Yakface and GH, right?

Actually we've already thrown our support, and the considerable fandom influence that comes with it,  ::) behind Mike from the DC area Star Wars fan club.  I can't  blame you for not knowing that though since we've neglected to mention it in a new item on our front page every hour.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 02:54 PM by mousedroid »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2006, 03:10 PM »
No no, I'm talking pivotal sites like StarWhores.com, StarWarsFansAndWomen.com, and StarSausage.com.  That's the kind of support we need to pull this off.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2006, 03:30 PM »
No no, I'm talking pivotal sites like StarWhores.com, StarWarsFansAndWomen.com, and StarSausage.com.  That's the kind of support we need to pull this off.

Should I be offended? ???

;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2006, 03:36 PM »

Should I be offended? ???

;)

Sorry Tracy, we didn't mean to make you feel inferior about your StarSausage.com website.  :P