Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 126880 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2006, 03:34 PM »
Can I use my Hyperspace Access Code from the Earlier Bird Kit to register and vote? I almost used one and there was a space at the bottom of the page to imput a referal, but it said nothing about the election. Anyone think that would count? If so, I can get you three votes.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2006, 03:41 PM »
Can I use my Hyperspace Access Code from the Earlier Bird Kit to register and vote? I almost used one and there was a space at the bottom of the page to imput a referal, but it said nothing about the election. Anyone think that would count? If so, I can get you three votes.

Go for it!   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2006, 05:38 PM »
When does the voting end?  I think this has been asked a few times now in this thread.

Anyways, I'll be glad when it's over.  Scum has "VOTE DUSTIN" stuff everwhere and no offense to anyone, but I wish that no site had that stuff all over the place.  To me it's just like pushing a political agenda and using one's media to endorse themselves.  I see nothing wrong with it in the discussion forums, I just don't like it on front pages.  Just my opinion.  Will I get bashed for giving my opinion?  I hope not but quite often when I try and give it, I do.  But I'm glad there isn't a new post on it every day here on the front page like at Scum.  That just annoys the living hell out of me, especially with them doing a "Myspace" ad on it.  Wow.

And I know it's all in good fun, and it would be cool if Jeff wins.  I'm just looking forward to it being over.

:P

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2006, 05:45 PM »
As long as Dustin does NOT win, I'm cool with the winner!   8)

Obviously, I want Jeff to win, but I have no problem with uscwannabe either....

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2006, 06:02 PM »
When does the voting end?  I think this has been asked a few times now in this thread.

Anyways, I'll be glad when it's over.  Scum has "VOTE DUSTIN" stuff everwhere and no offense to anyone, but I wish that no site had that stuff all over the place.  To me it's just like pushing a political agenda and using one's media to endorse themselves.  I see nothing wrong with it in the discussion forums, I just don't like it on front pages.  Just my opinion.  Will I get bashed for giving my opinion?  I hope not but quite often when I try and give it, I do.  But I'm glad there isn't a new post on it every day here on the front page like at Scum.  That just annoys the living hell out of me, especially with them doing a "Myspace" ad on it.  Wow.

And I know it's all in good fun, and it would be cool if Jeff wins.  I'm just looking forward to it being over.

I agree with you Justin. I think its really starting to become overkill. They just put up a 2nd announcement on the main page about myspace. Heck, there is even a podcast commercial now. I don't mind people having the Dustin icons, or having it in their signature, but all this constant pushing to vote for Dustin 24/7 is getting tiresome.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2006, 07:43 PM »
I'd like to see Jeff win it, and I think it would be a lot better for the hobby to see someone like him win it.  Dustin has always been nice to me, but I'll never forget the whole banning thing at Scum which always I thought was wrong.  It was Philip who had the cool head with me about that and apologized when I was banned for no reason.  Dustin was a little less agreeable about what happened.  I know a lot of people here don't like either one of them, but I will say that both of them were nice about it to me when I questioned them about it.  But if Scum wants to push one of their people there about it, I would have thought that Dan Curto is the guy.

Doom - Thanks, I agree, they're jamming it down people's throats there.  Nothing wrong with a banner or a mention once, but geeze I think there was a day with like 5 or 6 posts on their front page about it.  Overkill beyond belief.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2006, 09:29 PM »
So you are saying we shouldn't start adding 3-4 gratuitous VOTE FOR JEFF newsposts every day?   ;)

I checked the official site and it appears the contest runs until May 15, 2006.  Plenty of time to get those votes in...  :D

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2006, 09:35 PM »
Yep, I will be glad when it's over also.  Honestly, I am surprised it is being pushed so much to begin with. 

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2006, 06:49 AM »
Sp does Jeff have any votes yet?
Looks like the scum guy is gonna get beat anyway.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2006, 09:20 AM »
I'm not so much for any candidate as I am against Dustin.  He's never personally done anything to me, nor has Philip for that matter, they just rub me the wrong way (so to speak).  They strike me as the kind of guys who are nominally nice to you when it suits their needs - to promote RS, or get "elected" POTOFC - but in reality couldn't care less about anything other than those goals. 

Thank god for uscwannabe.  I don't know Jeff, but he seems like a good guy to me, as does the candidate GH recently choose to back, but I don't think either of them have much of a chance against the two front  runners.  I've been saying that the only thing that would get me to renew my HS membership is an announcement regarding C4, but I might also renew if it will help to keep Dustin from winning.  To that end, I can't really see me "voting" for Jeff or Mike, as happy as I'd be to see them win.  Although if one or both of them can close the gap, maybe.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2006, 09:22 AM »
Sp does Jeff have any votes yet?

Heck yeah!  I'm tied for THIRD PLACE!   :)

Um... yeah I have 3 votes.

1. uscwannabe 26
2. dustin@rebelscum.com 20
3. fanostarwars 3

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2006, 11:32 AM »

I cracked my EB kit open a month or two ago and the access code was expired.  Maybe it's only the "newer" sets that still have a valid code??
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2006, 01:06 PM »
I'd really love to know who uscwannabe is. I've never heard of him on StarWars.com, TheForce.net, the Galactic Senate, or anywhere else I frequent. He just came out of nowhere.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2006, 04:02 PM »
I'd really love to know who uscwannabe is. I've never heard of him on StarWars.com, TheForce.net, the Galactic Senate, or anywhere else I frequent. He just came out of nowhere.

Believe it or not there are Star Wars fans who don't post on any message boards, it is possible he is among that group, though 26 votes sure is alot of votes for someone who doesn't know many people online to get.

I guess it is possible that it is someone from SW.com/Lucasfilm attempting to generate interest by making it a close race, and none of those are real votes. GL did go to USC afterall, and it saves them money to send someone they may already be sending.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 04:05 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2006, 05:18 PM »
Poop
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."