Author Topic: A filler piece- 'fanfic' Mandalorian (4/22/06)  (Read 16733 times)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: Jaina Solo - New Jedi Order - (4/20/06)
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2006, 09:55 AM »
Hyo, thats a great looking jaina. And han looks even better standing next to her.
Great work so far. Cant wait to see mara now!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2006, 04:37 PM »
I'm with Glassman on this. She looks excellent so far. I really want to see her done
I cant wait to see Mara either.
BTW I noticed a female head with greenish hair in the background whos head is that?

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2006, 05:35 PM »
Ah, I knew someone would notice it. That was one of my ventures when I was exploring the different options for a Jaina head. I hadn't received my GI Joe 3 pack yet (two weeks overdue!) and I was seeing alot of Mara customs pop up using the cover girl head that I intended for Jaina. So, I took the notoriously hideous Pregnant Padme head and cut off her braid, and began sculpting Jaina-esque hair out of epoxy putty. It was such a pain, cos it kept sticking to my fingers, and when I got done working on one part, I'd look and discover that I messed up the last portion I worked on while holding the head.

It started to look good, but I decided that I'd use it for another custom sometime down the road, as I think that the covergirl head, with a little trimming of the hair and some repainting, looked pretty good for my Jaina. The hair is also removable, I found out, so when I do other Jainas, it'll be very convenient to do some hair swaps

I shouldn't have superglued the hair down, though, because without it I could fit her head into an X-Wing Luke helmet, which I could easily sculpt some hair onto, spilling out of the opening and such. Oh well!

Now, I just need some suggestions as to what head I'll use for Mara. I was thinking of a Scarlett head, maybe, though she doesnt have the curly hair that Mara has. Hm..
-Matthew H.

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2006, 07:27 AM »
A little filler piece, as I work out some articulation kinks in my Jaina custom. My NJO line is still going, just needed a little breather, lol. Here's a preview of an upcoming figure: Bey'hurr.

All I can say about him right now is that he is connected somehow to my  Rho One-Three-Eight fan fiction. I wasn't sure what "class" to make him; I figured he was really meant for close range combat (you can't see all of it in the first picture, but he wields a KOTOR-esque vibro-sword). For now, for reasons that will be revealed in later fan fiction, he will be called a "Mandalorian Son."

« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 04:42 PM by hyouriittai »
-Matthew H.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
Re: A filler piece- 'fanfic' Mandalorian (4/22/06)
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2006, 10:50 AM »
Looks great except those things on his knees.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2006, 01:30 PM »
What head did you use for him? He looks nice. But I never liked the feet Fet has. The look to thin and femail for a bulky armored warrior like the mandalorians.

Can't wait to see him in color ;)
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2006, 02:47 PM »
Clone Hunter-  Yeah, those knee pads are a little bulky, and square, huh? I was aiming for something that wasn't just a repainted Boba Fett or Jango, so I thought that some styrene armor would make him stand out a bit more. Incidentally, I thought that the knee pads were tacky when I cut them out, but after putting them on they kind of grew on me. (Or maybe it's the fact that when you glue em on, they're pretty much there for good. :P) But thanks for the constructive criticism.  ;D

Kit Fisto-  The head I used is from the Ultimate Soldier XD (I think?) line: Battle at the Bulge. He's one of the airborne figures I think. The .. neck..sock.. thing, I thought, was really cool and would work well for someone who wears a helmet. I'm actually pretty stoked on this figure.

The rest of the recipe is as follows:

Helmet- Custom Glassman cast
Mantle - Part of Palpatine (ROTS) 'cloak'
Upper arms- Battle of the Bulge line
Middle arm - odds and ends, mostly Elite Force base
Gauntlets - Styrene and odds and ends
Hands - Evo Clone
Torso - Jango (escape from Kamino?)
Kama - Evo Clone
Belts - Saga Boba Fett
Pelvis - Saga Boba Fett
Upper Legs - Saga Boba Fett
Lower Legs - Saga AT-AT driver (with filler)
Feet - Saga Boba Fett

Armor plates - Sheet styrene
-Matthew H.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2006, 06:26 AM »
Man that is looking sweet very impressive use of parts I'm looking forward to seeing him complete.

For the knee armour when I was looking at them I thought that matybe if they were rounded at the bottom and the edges sanded on an angle they may look less bulky.

Ron

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2006, 06:41 AM »
Thanks, Ron. I thought of rounding them off myself, too, but I don't know! There's just something I like about the random square shape, like they were "pieced" together from some random parts, like droid joints or something. The character's era is post Original Trilogy, so I kind of feel that it's a look that abides by its time frame. Though, I havent done a thing to it since i took those pics, so I'll definitely consider the advice.

Thanks again!
-Matthew H.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2006, 10:17 AM »
Thats looking really good so far Hyo, I have to agree, for the armor that Mandalores are famous for, they nees something better than soft shoes. This guy need boots.
Otherwise, off to a great start.
I dont mind the knee pads. They are different, and if you knee someone, they are a weapon.
I'd keep em.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2006, 10:34 AM »
WOW! Hang on let me pick my jaw up again, thats been happening a lot lately, I really should look in to that at some point.

This is an excellent piece of work. I have no idea how you got all those parts to fit together but that is amazing. Ive contemplated getting that head myself. There is another one that has that same neck joint but without the collar peice. I think it comes with the other tanker guy. The problem is I wouldnt know what to use them for once I got them.

I cant wait to see this one finished. My mando is still just peices and a promise right now. Ive been blocked on what to do with it, its kind of embarrassing seeing all of these great Mando customs ive seen lately. :-[