Author Topic: Battle of Coruscant Wave  (Read 62751 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Battle of Coruscant Wave
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Alright.

Both hips - traditional
Both knees - ball
Ankles - ?

It's difficult for me to make the ankles out.  The right one looks like it's got a ball joint, but the left one looks static.  But that would be silly, wouldn't it, for one to be articulated and the other not? 
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2006, 04:45 PM »
Alright.

Both hips - traditional
Both knees - ball
Ankles - ?

It's difficult for me to make the ankles out.  The right one looks like it's got a ball joint, but the left one looks static.  But that would be silly, wouldn't it, for one to be articulated and the other not? 

Thank you kind sir.

I wonder what would keep them from using ball-joints on his shoulders?   :-\

Still shaping up to be a pretty dang good figure though...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2006, 05:40 PM »
Yeah, please say you guys like Cody.  I don't know if I can take 3-4 pages of griping like at the other site. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Cody still looks good. As long as he isn't Bacarra like, I'm happy.

Dammit, that Grievous paintjob is really good. Count me in for one of those, I guess. And Anakin and Obi-Wan too, just for the damn softgood robes...  ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2006, 07:10 PM »
To me, it looks like this:

Left shoulder - traditional
Left elbow - ball
Right shoulder - traditional
Right elbow - ball

Once again displaying that Hasbro likes to come within 1 feature of being a "perfect" figure and then leaving something to be desired. There's no reason to not have ball sockets at the shoulders, other than to justify another Cody later. He has every other possible feature desired, including a corrected freakin' right-side-up belt.

Yeah, please say you guys like Cody.  I don't know if I can take 3-4 pages of griping like at the other site. 

And just for you DB, I'll add that I do love this figure. But I could have been in bliss.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 07:11 PM by Jared »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2006, 08:01 PM »
These look really great close-up.  And was I right about those boots coming off, or what?  Anyway, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of the the clones, so I'm not going to whine about the non-ball socket arms on Cody.

That Firespeeder Pilot card is too funny!  "Feets don't fail me now!"
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2006, 08:48 PM »
The packaging only gets better.  Even Ki Adi looks fantastic carded.  I LOVE Foul Moudama, even if he is an old school kit bash, and I like they snuck the Clone Wars label in there, too.  I can live without ball socket shoulders on Cody, I guess.  I suppose if he doesn't have them, it has something to do with the gear on top of his shoulders (the antennae).

I'm going to get Obi and put that cloak on my Evo Anakin.   :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2006, 08:58 PM »
I just checked them out again.  Hell even Anakin looks good carded.  I have to say that the Talz figure looks much better carded than in that EE pic.  I will probably get the guy afterall.  Boy oh boy.  More hits for the wallet to take this year.  I almost like every figure in the wave. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2006, 09:04 PM »
I'm going to speculate this articulation on Cody:

-Ball/socket elbows (I know that looks like a right arm angle-cut joint, but I think if you check out ball/socket elbows on Clones, the way the elbow pad is sculpted to hide the joint, it can be posed that way so it looks tricky).
-standard hips
-ball/socket knees
-ball/socket ankles
-ball/socket neck
-ball/socket waist/torso
-standard shoulders.  You can see the shoulders pretty clearly that there's no pin lines for a ball/socket on the right arm,a nd the flatness of the inner arm on the left arm is pretty clear too, so I think the Cos is right there.

I think Cody's close to SA, but his awkward shoulder armor kept him from really getting the full treatment...

BTW I'm sorta bummed they couldn't have made a removable mini-holo Palpatine for his forearm. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2006, 10:46 PM »
Now, if ReHasbro was smart, this fall or early in 2007 they would release an Evolutions of Clone Commanders. You could do Gree (correctly), Cody,  and not sure but one of the other commanders. Then we could get a SA and correct version of each figure. I'm sure this Cody will be ok to good, but I expect it to be just short of great!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2006, 01:51 AM »
Just in case there's any more questioning about the boots, I made this pic.  The people at the other site are still complaining about them.  I'm pretty sure everyone though can clearly see the removable strap feature, but in case not, here you go.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #176 on: January 18, 2006, 02:04 AM »
So I guess I'm one of the few who likes this figure with the boots on? I'm glad they made the boots removeable though, it's a nice feature. The shoulders almost look Ball-Jointed, but I'm probably wrong. It is probably just the Muftak with new clothes.
"This is the way."

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 18, 2006, 03:07 AM »
Overall, Cody looks great.  I am a bit disappointed in the swivel shoulders though, and the apparent lack of ankle joints.

Cody does have that antenna thing on his left shoulder pad, maybe that would have hampered movement with shoulder ball joints?

I thought Hasbro finally got it right when the first Cody pics surfaced, with what looked to be the use of the SA #41 Trooper mold + removable helmet.  I guess I gave them too much credit. :-\
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 03:09 AM by DualSaberMaster »
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2006, 03:12 AM »
Just a note from me, but I think the staff would agree overall, that I'm glad this thread's going nice and smooth, people are having lots of good thoughts and discussion but no fighting, no telling people they're picky or whiney for their opinions...

I was reading over at RS and it's nothing but a bitchfest by the usual suspects where all they do is take a huge dump on everyone's opinion because it doesn't go with their "Everything is perfect, how can you complain" attitude.  It never fails but all I ever need is a read through a long thread there to remind me how much I appreciate the people we have here.  My hat's off to our membership at JediDefender.com for their maturity and respect.

Glad we're all getting our opinions out.  Right now, I'm a Cody fan because I'm thinking there is more articulation there than meets the eye, but if it turns out to be limited ala the TE Gunner's sculpt I'll be disappointed.  It's better than the troopers losing all the articulation, but not better by much, so I'm hoping it has more articulation than the camera seems to show.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2006, 04:32 AM »
I just skimmed through the RS threads on these too, and all I can say is... thank the lord for JD.  Goodness.

Great pic, Chewie.  Foul: "These boots were made for walkin'"