Author Topic: Battle of Coruscant Wave  (Read 63608 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Coruscant Wave
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2006, 12:41 PM »
No UGHs at all, and mine came from a sealed case. The case was "Wave 3". I'll get the assortment # when I'm back home. 1 each of the new figures and 2 Vaders.

Who did you order from?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2006, 12:44 PM »
No UGHs at all, and mine came from a sealed case. The case was "Wave 3". I'll get the assortment # when I'm back home. 1 each of the new figures and 2 Vaders.

Hmmm... I wonder then if what people are finding so far is this case:  Wave 4, Revision 5, which is a case assortment that EE is offering that has 1x each new figure with 2 Vader and 2 #26 Clone.

But, while the first five wave 4 cases at EE (wave 4, wave 4 rev1, wave 4 rev2, wave 4 rev3, wave 4 rev4) all include the "Add some rare carded action figures to your collection!" UGH disclaimer, this Wave 4, Revision 5 case does not mention of the UGH figures included in this one...

You just may be on to something Jeff....some guys in San diego got x12 of the clones at 2 targets with coruscant figs as well....sounds like what you described.

SilverZ

« Reply #227 on: March 14, 2006, 02:01 PM »

Hmmm... I wonder then if what people are finding so far is this case:  Wave 4, Revision 5, which is a case assortment that EE is offering that has 1x each new figure with 2 Vader and 2 #26 Clone.

But, while the first five wave 4 cases at EE (wave 4, wave 4 rev1, wave 4 rev2, wave 4 rev3, wave 4 rev4) all include the "Add some rare carded action figures to your collection!" UGH disclaimer, this Wave 4, Revision 5 case does not mention of the UGH figures included in this one...

What you describe in W4,R5 are the exact contents of the case I weaseled out of Target (and the one I have on order at EE, actually).

It doesn't surprise me that they'd be shipping non UGH waves beforehand, and for some reason I seem to remember that as being the plan, though I have no clue what lead me to the assumption. If that one Target's morning stock was correct, and they did go through 6 cases (at least) of the wave with iffy repacks and surefire flops like Dofine in them, I'm not very optimistic about chances at the UGH foil cards. As much as I dislike having to order 5 CYA cases, it may be better than the complete pain of hunting high and lo for chase figure cards.

UGH sucks.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 14, 2006, 03:39 PM »
I just hope that A.) I get the UGH cases I ordered and B.) they contain the UGH figures!

;D

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 14, 2006, 03:44 PM »
Jesus, I hate calling out auctions but this is ridiculous:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-SAGA-COLLECTION-CLONE-COMMANDER-CODY-024_W0QQitemZ6043668418QQcategoryZ2476QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For that amount of cash, you can order half the case....

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 14, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Holy crap, are people really that stupid :o  Jeez, you can order a case, delivered, with those same two figures AND a Scorch for less than that from newforce. 

Aside from the amazement, that won't inspire the scalpers at all.  I normally hate using that phrase and don't often see many about the star wars section, but that should inspire sufficiently. :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

SilverZ

« Reply #232 on: March 14, 2006, 04:54 PM »
Holy crap, are people really that stupid :o 

Oh come on now, you know damn well that they are. 

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 14, 2006, 05:20 PM »
Hey J-

How much did you pay per fig for your score? Were they still 5.89 or did they go up to 6.99. I went to 9 Targets yesterday on my drive south and they were all 6.99$.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2006, 12:05 AM »
No foil Cards in the cases I've seen. Since what's shipping is Wave 3, perhaps wave 4 is the official foil card cases and that's what is due in May.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2006, 12:54 AM »
They rang up at 5.89 here, thankfully. The case is Wv3 06 (85770000E) that I grabbed.

So, I have mixed feelings on Cody after opening him this morning. I'm actually more disappointed with the lack of ankle articulation than I am of with the loss of the ball socket shoulders. It's the one thing that really bugs me, aside from his backpack thingy that doesn't fit snugly and falls off way too easily and the strange choice to cast the head in black plastic and paint the flesh tones on.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2006, 01:06 AM »
I'm wagering the head casting choice was to protect on paint wear...  What you mentioned about the helmet to me makes me think it was a concern.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2006, 07:41 AM »
What sucks are the prices people are getting for these figs on ebay.  Now more and more people who dont collect will be grabbing these figs to place for auction.

It blows for people like myself and others who want a couple.  It seems clone prices are getting more ridiculous everytime a new clone comes out.

All my stores are swimming in the two Geos from this wave so by the time a store reorders the next wave of figs will be out >:(

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 15, 2006, 10:06 AM »
I'm really surprised there are no battle droids listed for all of 2006- The destroyer in the HOF series is as close as we get. Considering the number of them in the prequels, and the fact that they have some of the re-paint-ability of the clones, I am genuinely shocked. They could have made some blue marked pilots from the Invisible Hand, or some grunts on Kashyk, or something. If they ever make a good army builder (solid plastic, can stand without melting) I would be interested in getting several...

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 15, 2006, 01:43 PM »
The case you listed Jeff is what we got 2 of last night at my store.  I grabbed an Anakin, Cody and Firespeeder Pilot (which I may or may not keep.)  Is he a clone or not?  JayDouble was there and got a Cody, Firespeeder Pilot and 2 Utapau Clones.  Some other random dudes cleaned out the rest.

Interesting find on the Anakin, and I'm not sure if this is just an error or if they are all like this, but the Anakin I picked up this morning has a Boba Fett hologram.  I was under the impression that heroes had hero holos and villians had villians.  Well Anakin is still a hero during the Battle of Coruscant.  What are the rest of you seeing with this fig?