Author Topic: Battle of Coruscant Wave  (Read 62781 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Coruscant Wave
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2005, 06:06 PM »
These 3 look great. I might get the Coruscant FireTrooper.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2005, 06:08 PM »
the fire pilot does look awsome and it looks like it will have some great customizing potential!

i know that is just a preview pic and it could change, but that cody looks really great also. i sisn't expect hasbro to put that great of a cody figure out!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2005, 06:12 PM »
A Cody!
Woohoo.
And a new clone head sculpt!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2005, 06:21 PM »
Definately getting Cody, at least two of the troopers, and two fire fighters.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2005, 06:51 PM »
******* awesome.   ;D

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2005, 07:04 PM »
The Clones look very impressive, I just hope Hasbro doesn't pull a 501st on us and give us a crappy figure in place of the prototype. If we get what's shown in Lee's, these guys are going to fly off the shelves.

Oh and if there's going to be an Anakin in this wave and they don't do a new sculpt, they need to pack in the Evolutions ROTS Anakin!!  ;D

Quote from: mosnab
While digging through the RS forums for these pics a little bit ago, it was mentioned that the clone with the Geonosis wave was an error, and we'd just be seeing it with the Coruscant wave.  Who knows for sure, but that would make a little more sense I guess.

Most likely the Clone will show up in cases alongside the Geonosis wave. Each wave's figures will eventually mix with the following wave's as new case assortments are made. When Hasbro did the themed waves in 2004, everyone was expecting a Hoth Wave case and then a Tatooine Wave case, and so on. Thats what we got initially, but as the year went on the debut of a new wave would have a case that was mixed with new and old alike. I wouldn't expect Hasbro to change that model anytime soon.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 07:06 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2005, 07:21 PM »
Oustanding figures, simply incredible.

Looks like a good beef up in articulation.  The Firefighter (I agree, not a Clone...  Why Clone people to do jobs you'd have needed prior to the Clone Wars?) is amazing looking.  That looks simply like a real costume as opposed to plastic.

Cody's fantastic, it's the best we could have possibly hoped for.  A removable helmet on the #41 sculpt...  Simply perfect to me.  I can see this just being an incredibly hot figure.  Unfortunately my gf's kid is going to go ape**** when he sees that picture and I'm gonna go the same way trying to track it down for him. 

The grunt rocks too and will be equally a pain to find, though I know i want a hefty army of those.  I'd buy a 4-pack of them in a heartbeat, and in multiples.  That's some amazing looking stuff, and can't wait to add those to the Clone ranks. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2005, 11:51 AM »
Nice! Now everyone can stop asking when we're getting Cody. ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2005, 06:06 PM »
Evil...sometimes I think hasbro watches these forums and when almost everybody has made a Cody figure.
They finally decide to put one out!  :P

Because I'm in Canada and you guys think they will be hard to find and your in the states it is going to be way worse here I suppose.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2005, 11:22 PM »
Looks like I might be ordering a case of this wave, just to make sure I get what I want.   ::)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 1, 2006, 05:18 PM »
I might actually pass on the Cody, just since I have a killer custom one from www.owenscustoms.com that I think looks better.

As for the Firefighter, I want several, same for the regular Utapua clone.

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: January 1, 2006, 05:30 PM »
Looks like I might be ordering a case of this wave, just to make sure I get what I want.   ::)

I'm thinking along similar lines Spuffy, just so I'm assured I get SOME of these Clones.  I mean, I  lucked into one 501st Trooper and Shocks i have had to get through networking.  I sorta hate that.

A case may be the route I go with this wave though just for the simple fact I want multiples of all 3 figures pictured.  If the rest of the wave's good army builders or custom fodder, a case is my best option at this point to assure I at least get a jumpstart on a nice army.

Given Cody's importance and his grunts too, I'm gonna want more than the handful of shocktroopers I've managed.   :-\  That kind of worries me though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #72 on: January 1, 2006, 08:21 PM »
It will probably be the best route, since like everyone else, I'll want at least two of Cody's grunts and the Fire Fighters.  Multiples of Cody wouldn't exactly suck either, but it also greatly depends on what the rest of the figs look like; I'd be happy if the Anakin and Obi repacks are the Pilot/Evo versions, but I'll have to wait and see.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: January 6, 2006, 12:25 PM »
EE now has this case for pre-order:

Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4
1x Han Solo - Carbonite (Saga #2), 2x Darth Vader with lightsaber (Saga #13), 1x Commander Cody, 1x Neimoidian Pilot, 2x Clone Trooper, 1x Foul Moudama (Muftak Jedi), 1x Anakin Skywalker, 1x Ki-Adi-Mundi (Hologram), 1x General Grievous, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi

You'll notice that it has NO Firefighter in it, but does have the Carkoon Han and the Hoth Vader.  If you dig around at EE, you'll find that there are FOUR different revisions of this case and a CRAP LOAD of revision cases for the other waves too.   :-\

Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev1
1x Boba Fett (Saga #6), 1x Snowtrooper with blaster (Saga #11), 2x Darth Vader with lightsaber (Saga #13), 1x Coruscant Fire Pilot, 2x Clone Trooper, 1x Foul Moudama (Muftak Jedi), 1x Anakin Skywalker, 1x Ki-Adi-Mundi (Hologram), 1x General Grievous, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 2
1x AT-AT Driver with blaster (Saga #9), 2x Darth Vader with lightsaber (Saga #13), 1x Coruscant Fire Pilot, 2x Commander Cody, 1x Neimoidian Pilot, 1x Clone Trooper, 1x Anakin Skywalker, 1x Ki-Adi-Mundi (Hologram), 1x General Grievous, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars Saga Collection Action Figures Wave 4, Rev 3
2x Darth Vader with lightsaber (Saga #13), 1x Coruscant Fire Pilot, 1x Commander Cody, 1x Neimoidian Pilot, 2x Clone Trooper, 1x Foul Moudama (Muftak Jedi), 1x Anakin Skywalker, 1x General Grievous, 2x Obi-Wan Kenobi .

So, the Fire Pilot is only 1per case in 3 of the 4 Wave 4 cases...  and in those same 4 cases, each one has 2x Darth Vader #13.   ::)

Yeah, 3 Coruscant Fire Pilot for every 8 Darth Vaders... not counting all the Vaders released in the Hoth wave... and the Geonosis wave... and the Tatooine wave...  >:(

edit: to counteract all my negativity, I should point out that the 3 of the 4 cases do have 2x Clone Trooper (Utapau) so I guess it's not all bad...  :-\
« Last Edit: January 6, 2006, 12:39 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #74 on: January 6, 2006, 12:26 PM »
I ordered Wave 4 Rev 3