Author Topic: Battle of Coruscant Wave  (Read 62593 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Battle of Coruscant Wave
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2006, 05:58 PM »
Holo Ki-Adi is the EI version… great  :(

I don't like that Talz jedi at all.

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

SilverZ

« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2006, 06:00 PM »
Well, very interesting. Cody looks like he's everything he should be, as does the Fire Pilot. That Neim is going to sit, totally agree. And I’m all over the clone.

I can't say I like the accessorized Muftak and he looks like he’s basically the original one from the 2-pack.  Though I'd like to have and extra Muftak, so this figure will be nice backup.

So we get Saga Kit as a hologram, instead of the ROTS version. I’d have at least liked them to use the version from the Council set so he could sit down. That’s disappointing, but in the end not worth getting upset over.

As far as the repacks go, thumbs up. If you're going to repack figures, give them at least something different. Those soft goods robes are a great idea that's long overdue. Like Ryan said, I'm baffled at the Anakin being the #2 version. Obi-Wan almost feels like he's received an upgrade, and I have this little hope that they go the extra distance and correct the mismatched ankle hinges this time.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2006, 06:02 PM »
Holo Ki-Adi is the EI version… great  :(

You weren't expecting more from Hasbro on that one, were you?   :P

Definitely looks like the Ep1 sculp.  It even appears to be missing the extra articulation they added when they re-hashed him for Ep2 - which would be a true step back.   :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2006, 06:05 PM »
I would have gladly taken a the ROTS sculpt without a rob for Ki-Adi. I guess that would be too nice of them though. ::)

I might taken one to keep carded, it all depends on that $6.99 pricepoint. If it goes back down a bit, I'll take one if not, it's an easy pass.
"This is the way."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2006, 06:34 PM »
Always love new pictures.   :)

Cody, the trooper, the fire fighter all look great.

The talz Jedi: I love him.  I figured he'd be a modified version of Muftak, so I'm cool with the lack of articulation.  I'm suprised some people think he's cartoony - he's from the cartoon!   ;)

Holo Ki Adi: Exactly what I was expecting.  Big pass.

Nemoidian Pilot: Newest inductee into the pegwarmer Hall of Fame, but he looks goof for what it is.

Anakin: Very disappointed they chose the lame #2 sculpt.

Obi: Very happy they went with the pilot.  Love the soft good robe, I'll defintely buy another.

Grievous: Whatever.

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2006, 07:16 PM »
I can't stand the Talz Jedi either.  The mighty H dropped the ball if this is anything but a proto.

From the shins up, its Muftak with a robe...a good fitting robe.
From the shins down - CARTOONY BOOTS!

If you are going to do a fig, either make it movie-listic or cartoon-istic.
Don't mix 'em.  That's the way I look at it.
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2006, 07:29 PM »
This a pretty good wave overall, the Clones are obviously top notch. The Neimodian looks to be a good sculpt, but he'll likely suffer the same fate as his ROTS kin if Hasbro isn't careful. The Talz Jedi looks ok, though I agree with han that the boots are a bit goofy. Then again these were likely prototypes so the boots may look better in the end.

Good call on re-using the Pilot Obi-Wan, it's the best ROTS Kenobi so they need to re-use it over and over, unless they actually make a better version. Hopefully they have fixed the color on the ankle joint. Ironically they use their best Obi-Wan, then use a ****** Anakin! I was so hoping for a re-release of the Evo Anakin. :(

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Ah, good to see this wave.  I was wondering what the rest of them would look like.  I'll give my two cents on each one.

Vader - Although I don't need him, good Vaders always sell and I'm sure they will be in demand again in 2006.

Commando - Very nice as I saw before, just trying to convince myself not to army build it.

Utupua Clone - Fantastic... please don't make this too hard to get Hasbro.  Myself and thousands of others want an army of them.  Personally I would like between 8-12 of them.

Firefighter - Very cool, I see this as great custom fodder.  So I'll probably get at least 5-6 of them and customize a few.

Cody - Looks a lot better in this pic than that huge pic from before.  Guess even though I have a nice custom version, this is on my want list.  Probably a few more for customs too.

Talz Jedi - I think this one will grow on everyone with time.  The only thing that looks funky is the gigantic feet.  I have an extra Muftak, so I could just swap the legs out if it bothers me.

Anakin - PASS

Ki Adi Mundi - PASS

Greivous - I dig the accessory, I want a few of those panel things.  So I will actually probably get 4 of this figure, and customize the actual figures for droid parts.

Obi Wan - Still love this sculpt, though the cloak looks way too bulky.  Probably pick up one or two for custom fodder.

Nemoidian - Top notch, if people think it's dull, that's fine.  At least I know this one will be easy for me to find.  I consider it a decent army builder, I want about 5-6 of him.

:P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2006, 09:17 PM »
Cody and the Grunt - Fantastic!

Neimodian - Good figure but I most likely won't buy him.

Talz - Very funky not sure I like it either but I doubt I pass on him. 

Anakin - Pass - Got the Evo version

Kenobi - I will get since I don't have the pilot version.

Greivous - Good - But won't buy it. 

Ki-Adi-Mundi - Ummmm, since I can't find Aayla or Plo and it's Ep1 sculpt - pass

Vader - It's nice but I am done with him for a long time I think. 

Firefighter - He's a nice figure but I may pass on him.  Or maybe I won't?  LOL!

Like every wave so far I seem to like a little over half of them in each wave. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2006, 09:53 PM »
For reference...

Fireship Pilot: Maybe
Cody: Pass
Talz: Will Get
Anakin: Pass
Holo Ki-Adi-Mundi: Pass
Obi: Pass
Grievous: Pass
Neimodian Bridge Pilot: Will Get, He Has Fantastic Accesories.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2006, 10:07 PM »
Greivous - I dig the accessory, I want a few of those panel things.  So I will actually probably get 4 of this figure, and customize the actual figures for droid parts.

Just an FYI, I think that panel comes with the Nemoidian Pilot figure. 

For example, in this picture, the panel is by the Neimoidian, Not Grievous:

Looking at the EE picture that Reid posted though, it's easy to see how you might get confused on that one...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2006, 10:34 PM »
I can't believe Hasbro would offer yet another Neimoidian, since every single one they've ever released has warmed pegs.

And that #2 Anakin- eesh.

I'll gladly buy the Fire Pilot, Cody, and some Utapau Clones, and I'm on the fence about Obi-Wan and the Talz, but the rest I won't buy.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2006, 10:37 PM »

I can't believe Hasbro would offer yet another Neimoidian, since every single one they've ever released has warmed pegs.

And I'm sure this won't be the last Neimoidian they offer, and I'm glad.  ;D :P
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 10:37 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2006, 11:16 PM »

Cody: Pass
Talz: Will Get

I was just wondering if HOTP mixed these two up by accident.

That Cody looks fabulous.  What more you'd want in a Cody, I'm not sure.

The Talz looks ridiculous.  Horrible articulation apparently, plus, is it just me, or is the stupid thing an inch too short?  Wasn't the Muftak and Kabe 2 pack talz about an inch taller?  Maybe that shot isn't to scale.  Even so, that is one horrible looking figure.

Other than that, I'll probably buy all the figures except Vader, Ki Adi, Grievous, and the Talz.

If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2006, 11:19 PM »

And I'm sure this won't be the last Neimoidian they offer, and I'm glad.  ;D :P

I like the Senate Neimoidians, and the Warrior was OK, but it just seems hard to fathom they'd offer another one so soon.  :)

Of course, they're also packing Clones at 1 per case, so nothing should surprise me this year.  ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk