Author Topic: Battle of Coruscant Wave  (Read 63411 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Coruscant Wave
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2006, 09:19 AM »
I have to admit, although I don't like to complain about articulation, a lack of ball joints on Cody makes me stop and say, huh?

However, I can't believe we're seeing half the line packaged already this year.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2006, 09:24 AM »
Complaining about it is ok with me really.   It just gets annoying when someone basically calls you an idiot for not agreeing with their opinion.  There are certainly some things we would like Cody to have but overall it's a really nice figure overall.  I strongly wanted a mini-hologram of Sidious mainly because I LOVE that shot in the film.  I would like ankle articulation as well.  But I am not calling for the downfall of Hasbro because of it.  LOL!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2006, 10:16 AM »
I agree with what many of you have said...although the ball-jointed shoulders would have been nice, it doesn't really make or break the figure for me.  It looks like a real nice figure aside from that anyways, and it might have been a situation where the armor/sculpt limited what they could do at the shoulders.  Still looking forward to the Cody figure, it looks nice.  Also, to echo Jesse's comments, it is a really great community here.  A nice conversation about this wave (and others) without griping and dumping on each other's opinions.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2006, 03:12 PM »
I have to admit, although I don't like to complain about articulation, a lack of ball joints on Cody makes me stop and say, huh?

However, I can't believe we're seeing half the line packaged already this year.

If these do come out by March, we will have seen about 30 new (including the the repacks) figures in 3 months, seting us on pace for 120 in the year. That is insane. Talk about milking a line for all it's worth before it goes out. I'm not going to be able to afford any serious army building this year, and I don't think I'll be getting a MOMC set either.

I have to say I'm kinda disappointed with Cody. It is so close to being a perfect figure and for some reason a couple little joints are bad. Hopefully those are in fact hidden ball joints like Jesse was saying, then it is fine in my book, I understand putting a ball joint on him with his shoulder pads isn't easy, so I'm only minorly disappointed in that. He isn't a bad figure by any means, I think a few little things would have made him perfect, like the inclusion of a small Palpy mini-holo for his hand.
"This is the way."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2006, 10:44 PM »
I really like the Firefighter, he need balljointed elbows (as all figures do). But aside from Various clones, this guy will be one of the few prequel figs to make it into my collection this year.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2006, 01:13 AM »
Hey, anyone that knows me knows I'm the first to pipe up about articulation...  Cody, as of now, hasn't got me too upset.  I thinkt hose elbow joints are deceivingly posed, and I think there's more to that articulation point than we're thinking.

Ankle joints I like, but that's the one new articulation point we've seen in recent years that, if it came down to it, I can live without...

The things I'm sure, or semi-sure, are omitted on Cody are his shoulders aren't ball/socket, and his ankles don't appear to be articulated, and I'll live with that...  If his arms are angle-cut (AT-TE Gunner style joints), at that point I'm going to be highly disappointed.  It will render the figure barely poseable.  You'll get a couple poses, that'll be it.  The ball/socket elbow is much more important, and hides perfectly, so that will be disappointing.

I see a ball/socket torso, and knees, so I'm happy there.  Those elbows are my only concern, and I really can't tell what's doing, but I do know that a ball/socket can look like that, and so can the AT-TE Gunner's arm.  It's weird how they have him posed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2006, 09:38 AM »
If you compare various pictures of Cody (EE, Lee's,) you can see his arms in different positions and various close up photos clearly show that his elbows are ball joints.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2006, 05:25 AM »
And with that, i'd be happy...

Read your post over at that other site too Anton, about this thread, and I laughed out loud.  That's funny.

But yeah, if Cody had:

- 2 standar shoulders
-2 ball/socket elbows
-2 wrists
-2 standard hips
-2 ball/socket knees
-1 ball/socket neck
-1 standard or ball/socket torso

Then I'm pretty happy.  I can live without ball/socket shoulders (elbow movement's more important for overall poseability), and I can live without ankle joints on pretty much ANY figure.  Not that I don't like it, I just don't think it's always necessary and in the interests of compromise with Hasbro I'm ok with losing that if it saves that much $ that they're happy and I get a poseable figure.

Sometimes the shoulders are cool to have as ball/sockets, but when you say "well, it's ball/socket shoulders, or ball/socket elbows with standard shoulders", then I'm gonna say go with the good elbows and drop the elaborate shoulder joint. 

Of course, I'd have dropped a ball/socket torso (It's so cool though) if it meant the shoulders would've gotten the ultimate treatment.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2006, 10:10 PM »
I can't wait until this wave to hit. I'm very happy with it. Muftak looks awesome, as does the SA clone and Firefighter. Definately going to look for two firefighters and at LEAST two of the clones. Cody isn't as great as he could've been, but I can see how ball jointed shoulders would've been hard with all that gear. Oh well, at least he's better than Bacarra. Lushros Dofine is a definate must have for me. I love those Seperatist leaders. Greivous looks very nice, and I think General Mundi will looks nice with Holo Aayla and Plo. I don't know about Anakin and Obi Wan. They're great figures, but I already have them. But then again, I could use an extra pair of those characters to pilot the starfighters. Overall, a fantastic wave of figures.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2006, 09:25 PM »
It almost looks like by the clone troopers legs like a SSA  Trooper!(Super Super Articulated!)...?
I meen like a #41 with the Gunners legs...possibly?
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2006, 09:29 PM »
  Foul: "These boots were made for walkin'"

Boots? They look more like clogs to me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2006, 09:37 AM »
So, some of the ebay guys are getting their stock in from over seas sources. I guess that means that we should be seeing this wave in about two to three weeks?

Offline Emperor Bayleef

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2006, 11:23 AM »
i will be buying from this wave:

1X commander cody
1X General grievous
1X obi-wan kenobi
6X Clone troopers

anything else i will buy when i have what i really want.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2006, 11:25 AM »
C'mon you guys all know that Hasbro didn't include the holo palp this time because they stand to make more money by releasing that "version" of Cody at another time-thus the nature of the toy making industry ;)

* would never call somebody an idiot to be offensive, but may be on defense..after reading Rayne's post, did that happen here?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2006, 11:39 AM »
So, some of the ebay guys are getting their stock in from over seas sources. I guess that means that we should be seeing this wave in about two to three weeks?

Ooops, I meant this comment for the Geonosis wave. :P