Author Topic: Battle of Coruscant Wave  (Read 63222 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Coruscant Wave
« Reply #390 on: April 25, 2006, 05:47 PM »
That pair should soon be appearing on eBay:

"ULTRA RARE ERROR CODY UTAPAU CLONE WOW L@@K!!!"

BIN Price  $64.95
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 25, 2006, 05:49 PM »
What pisses me off most about that pic is that that Target is selling figs for $5.89. What gives?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 25, 2006, 11:01 PM »
What pisses me off most about that pic is that that Target is selling figs for $5.89. What gives?

In my area I have noticed that we have 3 non-Super Targets and they are selling the figures right now at $5.89. The Super Targets are selling for $6.99.  Sounds like a business move on Target's part for their regular vs Super stores.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 25, 2006, 11:45 PM »
and targets don't price match one another, I overheard that from a manager talking to someone some time ago; each store has it's prices and that's it.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #394 on: April 26, 2006, 01:31 AM »

I caught that too and was none-too-pleased either.  $6.59+ here so $5.89 looks like a dream at this point. 

Star Wars figures are as irritating as gas prices these days.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #395 on: April 26, 2006, 10:36 AM »
I did not find that strange but my local Targets do have the figures for 5.89.  They were originally 6 something but they came down a few months back and stayed down even though WM went up.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #396 on: April 26, 2006, 04:18 PM »
Targets are still $5.89 here too.

I'm glad I have yet to see any of these figure swaps, or VTSC missing the little mail away piece.
"This is the way."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 28, 2006, 10:15 AM »
According to Yakface (and as of about 9:00 CST this morning), Amazon has Scorch in stock for those who are still looking for one.  A bit steep at $8.99, but it might be an option if you aren't having any luck.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #398 on: April 29, 2006, 11:02 AM »
How can anyone get mad at that its really funny. Yes, its pathtic but c'mon I love it. They will sell to some Mom that walks by and that kid will never know.
If you go to the store that many times and nothings there its a rebate for the chap that swaps. He would be better off not painting them. When I lived in Redondo someone brought back a ton of old saga figures in swapped out ROTS packages. He included all the parts so I filled some gaps in my collection. they were mint too! :D

Its not always a bad thing. I was happy to pay $5 for Red Battle droids.  ;D
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #399 on: May 1, 2006, 05:16 AM »
I saw my first sign of collecting dishonesty (other than scalping) for the first time in 9 years of collecting tonight. Some jackass bought a few Coruscant Obi-Wans opened them, took the robes, and returned the figures without them. >:(
"This is the way."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #400 on: May 1, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Would it help if I said I was sorry and return the robes?

Jokes aside, that is pretty sad.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #401 on: May 1, 2006, 04:28 PM »
I saw my first sign of collecting dishonesty (other than scalping) for the first time in 9 years of collecting tonight. Some jackass bought a few Coruscant Obi-Wans opened them, took the robes, and returned the figures without them. >:(

Well, at least its still a really good figure. It would have sucked if he'd stuck a Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan in there.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #402 on: May 5, 2006, 04:42 AM »
I actually saw the Coruscant Wave in abundance for the first time tonight at TRU...  Word in from the local collector that works there is that they got 10 cases in and put them all out...

Now I didn't get there till late so it was picked over.  Tons of UGH were long gone, and so were the Scorch figures and Foul Moudamas, but all the rest were in abundance, even Cody (first I'd ever seen him on the pegs) and firespeeder pilot (same thing).

It was nice seeing TRU with a basic figure on the pegs.  Since their sale they haven't had anything at all...  Now a ton.

This tells me WM just isn't really interested in SW right now, and not that they're getting "shorted" on anything from Hasbro.  I think they expect the line to die and are treating it as such...  TRU at least is getting stuff in for once.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 5, 2006, 10:38 AM »
We've been seeing more of the Coruscant stuff around here lately too, but things have been picked down to the usual pegwarmers.  I still haven't seen a Cody, and he's actually the only figure I'm missing up to this point (and the Target Senate Pack).  WM recently got a lot of figures in, but their pegs are packed basically with the Geonosians, some Hoth, a few gummi Mundis, and lots of Vaders.  I think they are starting to over-estimate the number of Vaders they need on the pegs now, he's hanging at every store in town last I checked.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 5, 2006, 11:04 AM »
This tells me WM just isn't really interested in SW right now, and not that they're getting "shorted" on anything from Hasbro.  I think they expect the line to die and are treating it as such...  TRU at least is getting stuff in for once.

I Dispute, Jesse. WM's where I live have TONS of Coruscant wave figs. The local stores (4) have received 3 shipments of it..and we're talking 4-8 cases a shipment! Perhaps it's more of a regional WM thing and NOT a WM thing. I've heard several posts about how much WM sucks from northeast folks and how they never have anything there. Perhaps the unwanted volume comes to WM shopped areas like mine because those other WM's don't want to order it?

I noted my TRU 2 days ago stocked a ton of Coruscant as well..considering how LONG our Targets and WM's have been getting it, the TRU stuff will likely sell more slowly/sit here because they got it in sooo late( a day after stocking tons of every coruscant figure except Ughs)