Author Topic: custom snowtrooper  (Read 3606 times)

Offline GeneralBelIblis

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
custom snowtrooper
« on: March 28, 2006, 11:50 AM »
My reason for making this is that while hasbro's snowtroopers have excellent sculpt, they have horrid articulation. When I saw the upcoming at at driver, I knew that i was going to use its arms and legs to make a well articulated snowtrooper. I first tried boiling and popping the arms from the at at driver to the saga 03 snowtrooper. It didnt really work, since there was a huge gap between the armpits. Then I searched on the net for ideas when I found Spawn7's snowtrooper on rs. I took his idea to the next level and painted an extra chestplate from veers.  the paint on the chestplate isnt exactly good, but my paint came out really gloppy, so I need to get some new white paint.

thanks for looking and sorry for the bad pics. i am getting better w/ a digi cam but im still not good with it!

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Re: custom snowtrooper
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 12:41 PM »
I know what you mean about the globby paint- acrylics tend to get this stringyness to them when they get older. My first custom has pants I deemed "wooly" because I goofed up the painting a bit and he's got these little lines sticking up...

The figure looks pretty darn good to me though; the AT-AT driver limbs work great for a snowtrooper, definately. All in all I like it a lot better than Hasbro's snowtroopers to date.

Am I correct in thinking you took the AT-AT driver body, took off the head and chest panel, and added the veers armor and Snowtrooper head?

It's really a shame Hasbro decided to kitbash with POTF2 (do they still have Buff Luke molds sitting around, I wonder?) and Saga parts for the snowtrooper in the Battle of Hoth wave. I'm crossing my fingers a little bit that he'll be part of a VTSC ESB line though...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 12:47 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 02:44 PM »
Sweet!
I like him, he looks a little short for a snowtrooper though. 
Nice use of the Hoth wave on this one.
Most cool !  ;D
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline GeneralBelIblis

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 04:54 PM »
Mitsukara-yeah I did exactly what you said, took off the at at drivers head and chest panel and swapped it with the snowtroopers head and veers armor. then i made a kama out of cloth and glued it on there.

thanks for the comments guys!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 05:19 PM »
Excellent job. I like the way this guy looks, the cloth Kama looks great. I may have to borrow this idea. Hes definately got a Clone commander in the OTC era look about him.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 05:49 PM »

Why does Veers have a DC-15?

Otherwise great job.

:)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 05:57 PM »
 ;D Veers is using old equipment!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline GeneralBelIblis

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 07:36 PM »
yeah i coudnt find any e11s, then after cleaning up my room today, I found like five of them. I just stuck the DC 15 on veers so he would have a gun.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 07:57 PM »
yeah i coudnt find any e11s, then after cleaning up my room today, I found like five of them. I just stuck the DC 15 on veers so he would have a gun.

But Veers came with an E-11...

Offline GeneralBelIblis

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 08:06 PM »
yea i know but i lost it...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 11:48 PM »
Nice custom, I think the legs work well.  They might be a bit short however... I am wondering about using the knees on down on a Snowtrooper thighs?  Might work out, but I really don't want to have to customize my whole Snowtrooper army to do that... too expensive!

:P