Community > JD Sports Forum!

The Sports RIP Thread

<< < (2/6) > >>

Morgbug:
That is cool of Shaq, but why is he doing it?  I mean aside from the respect angle.  Is Mikan/family not able to afford it?  That would be quite sad. :-\

JediMAC:

--- Quote from: Morgbug on June  9, 2005, 12:47 AM ---Is Mikan/family not able to afford it?  That would be quite sad. :-\

--- End quote ---

That sounds like it's the case, actually.  Perhaps they might've been able to barely afford it, but apparently neither he, nor his family, have much money at all anymore.  Sad indeed.  So Shaq pitching in to cover things is a huge relief for them, I'm sure, not to mention he'll probably get some fancier stuff in the process, which is nice.

Shaq may be a whiny brat nowadays, but I would never question his generosity.  He's always been good about that, at least...

Chris M:
Looks like Pucket is in worse shape that was originally thought.  I remember, although not a Twins fan, watching him play ball while I was growing up.  Always thought he was a great player.

However, it looks as if not taking care of himself may have finally caught up to him, and at only 44 years old.

John C:
It was bad enough he had to retire at a young age.  I pray he doesn't pass on at a young age.  It's sad how he let himself go after his retirement. 

Jayson:

RIP Puck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version