Author Topic: Would you buy mini Star Wars playsets copied off the Simpsons playsets?  (Read 7292 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
i can think of so many great ideas for this concept.

CANTINA BOOTH.
it would come with a obi wan that can sit. we already have a luke, han, and chewie that can. even a greedo or few..

HOTH CONTROL ROOM
comes with General Reiken, control panel with a chair or two. and one of those glowing glass map things  :)

ENDOR BUNKER INTERIOR
comes with imperial technician. railign for man to fall over to imminant doom, and video screen with triple image.
one of han as AT-ST pilot, one of outside battle, one plain technical readout.

LARS HOMESTEAD
comes with a good Owen figure. kitchen table with wall containign blue milk dispencer, funky blender thing and other space age goodies.

OBI-WANS HOUSE
comes with R2-D2 and holo leia. and yeah, other fun obi wan stuff...yeah.. hmm maybe this one would suck.. NEXT!!

BESPIN TORTURE CELL  ::) :P
with restained han in device with needles and junk. woooo
it could be the only electronic set and have harrison ford screams.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Quick aside:  I was just reading your similar post at RS, Chewie, and after reading a certain moderator's reply, I realized I'm so glad I found this place today.  I didn't even bother posting myself.  

But to the topic:  I dig this idea.  It would be a neat way for us to get a modular Falcon, a Star Destroyer, et al.  Bring them on!

Yep, Spuffy I know what you mean.  Quite often that mod likes to diss peoples' ideas.  Sometimes he rubs me the wrong way, and lately when he does that towards me or someone else I'll openly argue with him.  After a while, it just gets on my nerves.  I like it much better here anyway, and am glad you're here too.  What a fantastic forum this is.  I really enjoy it.

Man, all you guys have some great ideas.  I was going to go into detail on some ideas but it looks like you all beat me to it!  That's ok, I'll try and come up with some a little later. ;)

:P

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
$10 would be a better pricepoint considering what they are doing now with the 3 3/4" figures as far as pack-ins go...I am so glad that they dumped slides, forcefiles, and chips and gave us stands that we can actually use!!!

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
i dunno 10 bucks seems a little too cheap for a playset in the size of a simpsons set. maybe 15 but not 10  :P
it matter not as we will never see anythign liek it... not too soon anyway.

JABBAS DAIS
comes with bib fortuna newly sculpted. maybe those giant snake kinda guys hanging in back. the frog bowl, the pipe, and a gate in the floor to the pit. but it doesn't open

WATTOS SHOP
with good watto ep1 style. molded junk pieces, and 7-10 pieces that can randomly be set up. the counter for business deals to go down. hmm maybe a chance cube  :D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Those are some killer ideas dimetrodon, I would definitely buy any of those you mentioned.

How about this one, has anyone mentioned it yet?

EWOK HUT

- hut with removable ceiling/roof
- various spears and other Ewok weapons
- comes with Ewok holding baby, and Han with Wicket hugging his leg

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Han with Wicket hugging his leg

thats the kind of thing we'll see in 2015 lol
thanks for hte compliments, and i love ewoks

EWOK AMBUSH
comes with random ewok. tree with giant net, dead animal carcass, triggered by moving the animal. i'd give more detail but i am not a technician.. lol  oh yes and bushes for the ewoks to hide in.

TRACTOR BEAM ROOM
comes with obi wan kenobi. tractor beam main power controls fullsize to figure, with two bridge piece that snap on to either side.
pegs for guards to stand on. moving levers.

EXHAUST SHAFT
with flowing cloak emperor. bottom glows blue when emperor hits it.
new lukes fence piece atatches to it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
OK, let me try and come up with some cool ideas too...

FEDERATION WAITING AREA

- new Obi Wan w/ robe
- table, chairs, drinks
- window viewing space and Naboo
- opening door

FEDERATION CONTROL BRIDGE

- Daulty Dofine
- control panels
- opening door Qui Gon slices through
- windows showing space
- viewscreen with face of Amidala (can be changed to a blank screen too)

THEED GENERATOR ROOM

- Darth Maul
- defeated Qui Gon Jinn
- removable red electro-barrier
- open pit

PADME's APARTMENT

- nightgown Padme (wheeeee!!)
- bed and nightstand
- killer centipedes
- exploding window

OUTLANDER CLUB

- Deathstick dealer
- corner of bar
- dealing table
- giant viewscreens showing sporting events

These are just a few more ideas, soon I'll try and think of some more... :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
It's a cool idea.  Especially if they can sell it for under $17.  There's plenty of things you could come up with for this.  Seems like it would basically be like a beefed up deluxe figure line, sans the weird action features.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
That's a cool idea.  Since I'm not an opener, I wouldn't buy them, but I'm sure lots of other people would
Hotter than Bond.  Cooler than Bullitt

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
I still don't know about the ewok leg hugger :P

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
I still don't know about the ewok leg hugger :P

hey man, i'd like a dead ewok also, but the leghumper is good enough for me anyday.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Heh heh...

I don't know if it's a winning idea or not, but I'd buy it.  Especially if the Han was well articulated and was more poseable than the SAGA Endor Han.

A baby Ewok would be great, and my Endor diorama would look very cool with some Ewok corpses to go along with many Stormtroopers lying dead.