Author Topic: Celebration IV speculation (2007?)  (Read 53105 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Celebration IV speculation (2007?)
« on: March 29, 2006, 01:59 PM »
So.....

It's been nearly a year since CIII, believe it or not. A Celebration IV seems almost a given, and the consensus is that it should be in 2007 since that's the 30th anniversary of ANH, the 10th anniversary of the Special Editions, and the year the Clone Wars toon series is supposed to come out.

Nothing has been confirmed yet, but there've been hints. And two recent stories on SW.com have mentioned an "anticipated Celebration IV event"--and as the official site, they wouldn't mention something like that, even in an offhand manner, for no reason.

So who's on board? I know I am. CIII was the highlight of my time as a SW fan thus far. One of the funnest things was getting to meet VIPs and people I knew online from various sites. I'd only started posting here at JD a few months before CIII, and spent most of the time in the MN forum, so at the time I only knew a couple of you outside folks. I'm looking forward to meeting many more of you next time!

I just wish they'd announce details soon, so I can start making plans and saving up.

Discuss!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:16 AM by Jeff »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Celebration IV speculation (2007?)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 03:52 PM »
I had such a blast at C3, it feels like it was longer than a year ago. I plan on going to C4 for sure if there is in fact a C4. I want to get a closer hotel though, last time me and a friend stayed about 20 miles out of Indy and we had to drive in to town every morning and find parking. I'd much rather have been able to walk over to the hotel, and be in town to enjoy the nightlife. :)
"This is the way."

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 04:59 PM »
I don't really expect an announcement about C4 until the San Diego Comicon this summer.  Maybe they'll let the new FC President make the official announcement.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 06:37 PM »
I've been a SW for a long time but never really followed the fansites so closely until the last 18 months or so.   Consequently, I don't have a good frame of reference on this.  Is the general consensus that C4 seems like a certainty?   If so, do you think Indy would be selected again?  I only made it to one day for C3 and had an absolute blast.  I'm all in next time (especially if its in Indy again as I've got free room and board there).

I'm hopefully optimistic!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 08:04 PM »
You can count me in, but I'll be flying out and staying as closes as money will allow me. No ******* way I'm taking a car to this one. I'm not doing THAT again.  ::) I'll of course be willing to have roomates.  :-*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 02:11 AM »
Celebration IV speculation?

Where's Rob's Avatar at then?  That's my speculation...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 12:49 PM »
I believe that there definately will be a C4. There is so much demand for it they would be dumb not to and Lucasfilm knows it. I'll be there once again, I had a great time with everyone and thought it was very cool to meet many of the people who post here.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 03:27 PM »
I'm skipping San Diego CC on the premise there will be one and that it will likely be in '07. 

I'm in need of some more of Colman's Guiness love :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 05:06 PM »
You can count me in, but I'll be flying out and staying as closes as money will allow me. No ******* way I'm taking a car to this one. I'm not doing THAT again. ::) I'll of course be willing to have roomates. :-*

Kevin

If you bring some sandwhiches you can be my rhoommate.
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 09:17 PM »
I promise, for every JD.com member coming, I'll make Sandwiches.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 06:20 AM »
I promise, for every JD.com member coming, I'll make Sandwiches.

Kevin

Sweet!

Now, I have to get Shannon to work on finding me one of those t-shirts for me to wear............... ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 11:03 AM »
I haven't been to a Celebration yet but depending where C4 is, I may go...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 12:20 PM »
Sandwiches??  T-shirts??  What did I miss?  We have to have Shannon make a helluva lot more cookies next time, that's all I know!!

I actually have a JD.COM t-shirt and sweats in pink  :-*.  I also want in on the air hockey games.....we'll see just how good you old guys really are when you have some decent competition ;).

PS:  I'll do line donuts for day one since I know Dale and Bob will be with me  :).
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 01:15 PM »
I also want in on the air hockey games.....we'll see just how good you old guys really are when you have some decent competition ;).

I'd probably do better if I was sobered up.  Still, I think I did ok, but I still laugh when I think about the puck nearly going into the elevator and Colman scared the crap out of the people in there as he lunged to get it :D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 02:26 PM »
Sandwiches??  T-shirts??  What did I miss?  We have to have Shannon make a helluva lot more cookies next time, that's all I know!!

I actually have a JD.COM t-shirt and sweats in pink  :-*.  I also want in on the air hockey games.....we'll see just how good you old guys really are when you have some decent competition ;).

PS:  I'll do line donuts for day one since I know Dale and Bob will be with me  :).

Here's the shirt I want Shannon to help me find:

JD.com t-shirt and sweats in pink?  I want some!  I'll make a bunch of treats too though I may need a chaperone if my husband decides not to attend :-\
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(