Author Topic: Celebration IV speculation (2007?)  (Read 53102 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration IV speculation (2007?)
« Reply #30 on: April 4, 2006, 07:40 PM »
What are everyone's thoughts on Gen Con running CIV?  Obviously, they made a few mistakes during CIII (lineups for the store anyone?), but at least they can see what they did right and what they did wrong.  Hopefully they can use that experience to improve last year's shortcomings.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 5, 2006, 12:23 AM »
I don't think GenCon really cares much about lineup complaints.  Honestly, it's probably not that big a deal to them.  It pissed some people off, no doubt about that and mightily so but I don't think it cost them anything in the end other than some choice words.

Any reason it would have to be in April?

No, not particularly but it seemed to work pretty well that time and it's sort of slow for conventions in some respects.  Well, aside from Colman nearly freezing to death it worked well. 

It is possible it would be in may around the 30th Aniversary, and it is also quite possible that it is registered under a psedo-name to keep it under wraps.

Yeah, I considered that as well and it's a perfectly valid point.  If it's not in April, then the 30th anniversary makes great sense, I just thought they might have an easier time getting space for April rather than May. 

That Fire Department Instructors Conference seems awfully large and long in duration.  Though a google search reveals it is a real event.  Still, the 2007 event is 10 days long whereas the 2006 event is only five days long.  Hmmm....
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 5, 2006, 01:24 AM »
Hopefully it will be after the 13th of May, that way I'll be 21, and can drink with the boys, legally.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 5, 2006, 06:25 AM »
Hopefully it will be after the 13th of May, that way I'll be 21, and can drink with the boys, legally.

Kevin
So, you're planning on snubbing me, Beth and Shannon? :'(  Or do you consider us one of the boys? ;)

"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 5, 2006, 09:10 PM »
Drink with the boys is an expression around here. ;) I don't snub.

Kevin

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: April 7, 2006, 04:08 PM »
If Indy realy is booked, I personally think Denver would be a great location for CIV...

:P
"This is the way."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 7, 2006, 05:13 PM »
If Indy realy is booked, I personally think Denver would be a great location for CIV...

No way, I hear they have a lot of problems with Chaos there.  ;D

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2006, 10:52 AM »

Kevin

Good to know ;)  Looking forward to legally having a drink with you.  I don't want to have anything to do with corrupting you............ ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 05:28 PM »
If there is a Celebration IV, it should be in Fairfax, Va...

;)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2006, 08:18 PM »

Kevin
Good to know ;)  Looking forward to legally having a drink with you.  I don't want to have anything to do with corrupting you............ ;)

Corrupt away. I am a tainted youth. :)

Kevin

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2006, 01:16 AM »

Haha no way! I've heard about the insanity that came out of Denver, we wouldn't want anything like that. They should have C4 in Chicago, we have a couple convention centers that would be ideal - McCormick Place for that downtown Chicago feel, or Rosemont Convention Center for the proximity to O'Hare airport. Chicago is centrally located to the rest of the country and is a major transportation hub, as such Lucasfilm go with the smart thing here, go with Chicagoland!  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2006, 01:34 AM »
I heard they had a contract that it should go to the city with the greatest NFL Team of 2005/2006, and the worst NHL team of the same year...

Obviously it goes to Pittsburgh, thank you.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2006, 02:44 AM »

Haha no way! I've heard about the insanity that came out of Denver, we wouldn't want anything like that. They should have C4 in Chicago, we have a couple convention centers that would be ideal - McCormick Place for that downtown Chicago feel, or Rosemont Convention Center for the proximity to O'Hare airport. Chicago is centrally located to the rest of the country and is a major transportation hub, as such Lucasfilm go with the smart thing here, go with Chicagoland! ;D

That was only because it was held at an old Air Force Base. We have really nice and new convention center now, located right downtown. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2006, 06:57 PM »
I heard they had a contract that it should go to the city with the greatest NFL Team of 2005/2006, and the worst NHL team of the same year...

If it's in Pittsburgh I could send my Grandparents to get all the freebies and exclusive figures for me...

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2006, 01:37 AM »

Pittsburgh would be cool. I could finally check out the Monroeville Mall (DawnOTD reference).

But in all reality they should go for Anaheim or San Diego.  ;D
I remember my dream now.