Author Topic: RUMOR AT-TE Possibly Coming?  (Read 15500 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: RUMOR AT-TE Possibly Coming?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Reasons  to  hope;

It's  possible   that  Hasbro  has  had  the  tooling  for  this  since  Ep II,  with  a  release  time  for  the  toy, in  relation  to  the  movie,  similar  to  that  of  the  royal  starship  to  Ep 1.  The  mixed  success  of  the  RS  and  the  abundance  of  product  for  Ep II  probably  led   to  production  being  cancelled.  I  suspect   that  the  Genosian  fighter  and  Hailfire  droid  were  tooled  up  for  Ep II  but  were  put  on  hold  for  similar  reasons, and  Hasbro   took  the  opportunity  of  the  Clone  Wars  cartoon  to  release  them.  I  could  be  wrong,  Anakins  starfighter  was  a  new  design  which  proves  they  are  willing  to  do  some  new  tooling  in  a  non  movie  year.  Perhaps  with  lingering  popularity  of  Star  Wars,  the  real  lack  of  new  vehicles  this  year  and  all  our  whining  and  pining  for  this  vehicle,  Hasbro  has  decided  to  blow  the  dust  off  the  tooling,  roll  the  dice,  and  find  a  brick-and-mortar  retailer  to  carry  it.

This is all speculation, therefore, not real reasons.
There's no proof(no hasbro press release or Hasbro panel Q/A answer) that shows this was EVER in the works. There has, however, been many times when something either posted on front page or in forum at rebelscum was proven wrong. Just because RS says so doesn't make it 'golden news' in my eyes. IMO folks are naive if they believe something just because RS says so.

On that note I would like to see a press release soon from Hasblow about clearing this matter up so we could clarifty the title of this thread(and...I can buy one ::)..or not)

--Urb >:(

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2006, 08:44 PM »
I think I remember Colman asking about this last year at Comic-Con and the response was a flat out no. But they also did say that "there are no future plans to make Commander Cody" as well. So who knows. With Hasbro putting out a $80+ repaint of the AT-AT we "could" see this in the near future.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 10:57 PM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2006, 09:06 PM »
I don't know, this info sounds a bit too fake to me, particularly that 2 and a half feet long part. It just doesn't sit right with me for some reason. I HOPE that we get an AT-TE, or at least one that's to scale with the AT-AT or something. I could see Hasbro releasing something around that size.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Annatar

• Youngling
  • Lord Sauron the Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2006, 09:35 PM »
The scale is what throws me off...2 1/2 feet? I dont think so, on the other hand we have been asking for one for quite some time so who knows... ???
Rebelscum: The Wal-Mart of Star Wars forums.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2006, 09:58 PM »
Well let's for the sake of dreaming act like it is coming and really get worked up over nothing.  It's 2.5 feet long.  How much would that sucker be?  And do you think it would be an exclusive or at all the retail chains?  I am guess it would be an exclusive at the near $200.   I would guess StarWarsShop.com as the initial carrier.   

The more I think about it it's most likely not true, but what the heck it's that site's funeral if untrue.  It's a bad, bad, bad joke if that is what that website is pulling.  That will piss quite a few people off from that site.  Then again I never heard of that site until now so maybe they needed to get some attention? I won't be laughing if it was all a prank.  Misinformed I am fine with.  An intential prank?  Not cool. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2006, 12:35 AM »
Darth Broem, I agree with you 100% and usually always do, have now for years.   :)

Let's say that speculation is right - it's 30 inches long.  How tall would it be then?  12-15 inches?  It would still be very underscaled, but at the same time it would be the absolute "must have" Star Wars toy of the year.  It's not a Royal Starship that is a woman's weaponless ship (which is still a great diorama piece) - this thing is a freaking killing machine!  Imagine all the battles you would center your playing around this as a kid!  Or setting it up in your dioramas as an adult!  Or photonovels!  Really, I want this to be true.  $200.00 does sound fair for this.  I remember a long time ago people saying they might pay $40 or $50 for one... are those people really serious?  Doesn't sound like they want one to me at that price!

So, yes - at $200.00, I'll take two of them.  One for a Geonosis diorama, another for Utapau.  I think there is still a window of opportunity here that Hasbro can capitalize on.  Since the vintage days, I don't think Star Wars has been any hotter than it has been in 2005-2006.  If they're gonna do it, the time is now.

:P

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2006, 12:58 AM »
I don't think Star Wars has been any hotter than it has been in 2005-2006.  If they're gonna do it, the time is now.

Hell yes!
Say it like it is Chewie!  :P
Hasbro should capitalize on this before things possibly go down the tubes.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2006, 03:21 AM »
. But they also did say that "there are no future plans to make Commander Cody" as well.

Sorry MJ but that statement about Cody is BS. I'm the one who asked Hasbro at the CC last year why they hadn't made Cody yet-and what was their plans for him. Jediscar was sitting right next to me when I asked them.(can you believe 10 questions went by before I got to ask that?) Any way, they answered that 'they had BIG plans for Cody' and that they really liked him'
And THAT my friend is BS...what, we've seen him in a cartoon 3 pack and a single carded?... I don't call that big plans ::) And, yes, Coleman was up in the front row asking several pesky Q's but he didn't ask them that yet.(about Cody)I think after Colemans' 3rd Q they were sorta looking around him :-X ;D

Either way their statement didn't match the result. Still, if I hear they're making it(from them) then I tend to believe it. I think the AT-TE would be a good Q to bring up again at CC this year if it isn't resolved by then.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2006, 06:47 AM »
And, yes, Coleman was up in the front row asking several pesky Q's but he didn't ask them that yet.(about Cody)I think after Colemans' 3rd Q they were sorta looking around him :-X ;D

Those poor guys had to deal with both of you guys at the same time?

Oh, as they say -

" :P"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2006, 07:20 AM »
. But they also did say that "there are no future plans to make Commander Cody" as well.

Sorry MJ but that statement about Cody is BS. I'm the one who asked Hasbro at the CC last year why they hadn't made Cody yet-and what was their plans for him. Jediscar was sitting right next to me when I asked them.(can you believe 10 questions went by before I got to ask that?) Any way, they answered that 'they had BIG plans for Cody' and that they really liked him'
And THAT my friend is BS...what, we've seen him in a cartoon 3 pack and a single carded?... I don't call that big plans ::) And, yes, Coleman was up in the front row asking several pesky Q's but he didn't ask them that yet.(about Cody)I think after Colemans' 3rd Q they were sorta looking around him :-X ;D

Either way their statement didn't match the result. Still, if I hear they're making it(from them) then I tend to believe it. I think the AT-TE would be a good Q to bring up again at CC this year if it isn't resolved by then.

Well I guess I was wrong. Oh well.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2006, 09:19 AM »
I have a strong feeling that any AT-TE that Hasbro would make would be a dissapointment when compaired to Coeli's.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2006, 10:59 AM »
Well to be honest no matter what Hasbro puts out there people are going to gripe endlessly about it.  That is a given.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2006, 11:17 AM »
Yep!  Hasbro cannot make a vehicle to scale for a price that people won't gripe about in the end.  If this is in fact not an April fool's prank then Hasbro will make an AT-TE similar in size to an AT-AT with a 100 to 150 dollar range.  If it is a bit better then it might be $200 FAO thing.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2006, 11:41 AM »
If it is a bit better then it might be $200 FAO thing.

FAO went belly up, no?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2006, 12:06 PM »
Personally, I think its a case of delusions of grandeur. Based on forum posts over there, I'm not entirely sure the reporter is playing with a full deck. I need proof not leads.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours