Author Topic: episode 3 spoilers perhaps ?  (Read 31369 times)

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
  • i am the chosen one, alright lets dance
    • View Profile
Re: episode 3 spoilers perhaps ?
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2003, 07:43 PM »
TPM DVD Commentary Lucas says:
GL: It's kind of a theme that reoccurs in Episode IV is that I've purposely developed themes and ideas and I repeat them. It's very very clear in the two trilogies that I'm putting the characters in pretty much the same situation, sometimes even using the same dialogue so that the father and the son go through pretty much the same experience. Obviously Anakin takes a different road than his son takes, so that at some of these turning points they go the other way. But it's been set up for you to almost expect that they will go, you know that Luke will follow in his father's footsteps because in a lot of these Episodes they do follow each other which leads to a subtle influence which gives the audience a little expectation
i should poke out your eyes with a cork screw & shuve'em far up you buttocks so you can see the crapp being kicked out of you !! all together now SERANITY NOW !!!

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2003, 07:44 PM »
Lucas on Boba fett :
Starlog Magazine:
GL: Boba will be in Episode III, but his role definitely won't be larger. He's in a transition period of becoming a bounty hunter. The next film takes place two or three years later, so Boba would only be 13 and still wouldn't fit the suit
i should poke out your eyes with a cork screw & shuve'em far up you buttocks so you can see the crapp being kicked out of you !! all together now SERANITY NOW !!!

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2003, 07:45 PM »
In the only set diary that specifically mentioned what type of scene Count Dooku would be in we learned 5 things!

1) Count Dooku's role will be smaller than his AOTC role.

2) Count Dooku will duel in a dark mysterious place which has lights passing through a grid design on the ceiling which strike a pattern on the floor.

3) That Dooku will be wearing the same costume as he had in AOTC.

4) He will duel Anakin Skywalker. (mainly because we saw Anakin cleverly hidden behind George Lucas in the photo. The shoulders of the costume matched up perfectly with Anakins costume as well as the hair.

5) During breaks, Lee and Gillard talked about the many decapitations Lee has done over the span of his career. Most likely it was a topic spurred from what happens in the scene they were filming. Possibly meaning that Anakin decapitates Darth Tyranus.

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2003, 07:47 PM »
Cinescape reported in 1999

Rick macallum told dutch publications SUM in 1997 that we will see Anakin rise through the jedi ranks from pedawan learner we see at the end of episode 1 to jedi knight to the lofty station of jedi master  based on his heroism in the clone wars but at the height of his pride gets caught up in his own ego & makes a self serving choice to turn to the dark side
Jake loyd episode TPM teased the Australia’s Herals newspaper he said Anakin only went to the dark side because he was forced to .did you know that ? Anakin did not have enough will power not to that was his weekness loyd explained (sort of like when luke faced the empror but he had the will power not to give in to the dark side )

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2003, 07:48 PM »
Darth sidious & palpatine are the same person
A quote given in the official Star wars Encyclopedia says  Palpatine was the consummate actor in the galactic political arena  as well as a master of the dark side . once he had tricked  various factions  into supporting  him for a position of senate leader , he moved quickly to consolidate his power . So how did  this phantom menace escape  the notice of the jedi council masters right under there noses ? perhaps a line from Yoda I episode 1 answers that question  best : “hard to see that dark side is “ even more difficult to see might be a dark side master  more powerful in the force than any amoung the jedi ranks the little green guy included.

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2003, 11:59 AM »
SLJ was on fox sports & this is what he had to say AUG 13 2003 :

He said that it takes a lot of athleticism to play a Jedi Knight. He also mentioned that it took three days for him to learn a 88 move lightsaber duel. He also mentioned he was the one being attacked  in the duel but never mentioned who was the attacker & that he jumps over steps & various  other things  SLJ also said he thought it was  difficult  to learn being in a scene that involved him being  backed up & on the defense the whole fight.

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2003, 12:00 PM »
Wed, Aug 13, 03 09:40:23 PM EDT
Tonight's Hyperspace chat with Uncle Rick shed some fantastic new light on Episode III. Spoilers below!

- the film ends on a sad note
-   Obi-Wan is fighting droids in the underwater  tank they have been filming on recently. There is just a fight  no full scale battle.
-   Jar J ar does not die in episode 3 .
-   The new villain in episode 3 ( a dark jedi ) will carry two light sabers. On an unrelated note, there is a scene where we see Vader getting his name & what it means.
-   Palpatine is going to show us the power of the dark side , look out !
-   The script is 129 pages  they have shot about 80 of them up to this point.

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2003, 12:01 PM »
EP3: Details from the Diary
Tue, Aug 12, 03 11:00:59 PM EDT
Today's Hyperspace set diary revealed and confirmed some interesting Episode III tidbits. Here's a few of the higlights:

Tamuera Morrison is on set today  & playing ONLY an older clone . Bodie taylor is playing the middle aged clones.

Portam & daniels ( padme & c3po) were included in todays starship scene both of them are finished filming today.

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2003, 02:07 PM »
Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) has a much larger and important role in Episode III.
Rick has been trying to convince George to do a cameo in the prequels but George refuses.
The emphasis of Ep3 is as much story as Visual FX.
Ep3 will have the same emotional depth as ESB.
?Visually, Ep3 is the most ambitious film yet due to all the number of new planets.
The film will end on a sad note, but there is hope for the future of the story (Classic Trilogy).
 Rick can neither confirm nor deny whether the character Tarkin will be in Ep3 (usally when they dont confirm or deny its usally true).
? Three major lightsaber duels have been shot so far.
? The underwater tank set will feature a scene where Obi-Wan fights with droids.
? Rick asks that the fans have faith in the decision to go with the CGI trooper suits as opposed to actual costumes.
? George is always making changes (likely to include the script to Ep3).

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2003, 02:09 PM »
Three words that Darth Vader speaks in Ep3 are "I don't fear..." !!

The movie will explain all of Anakin's injuries except for one (the facial scar as noted in the recent HS set diary).
Currently, production is two days ahead of schedule, but the underwater scenes (with the water tank) are quite challenging.
Ep3 will provide the answers the fans have been waiting for, but may also pose some new questions.

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2003, 02:11 PM »
The opening battle is entirely in space, but there will be land battles in the film.
Only small segments of the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan have been filmed. The main action is yet to come.
 September 19th will be Hayden's last day of filming.
 Rick and/or George have never changed a scene for musical scoring purposes.
 Kamino is not in Episode III.
Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) will film his scenes in March of 2004.
 The underwater scenes are not a battle, but a fight.
 Count Dooku will only use one lightsaber in Ep3.

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2003, 02:13 PM »
One character in the film will use two lightsabers at once "and he's bad."
 A certain amount of Jedi will die in Ep3, but Rick would not specify how many.
 Rick refused to comment on the possibility of a volcanic environment or planet.
 We will see Mace in a certain form of "space action".
 Rick would not give any hints on the EU character that appears in the film.
 All the hairstyles are bad in Ep3, which will link the film to the Classic Trilogy.
 It won't be the special effects that make the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel so thrilling, it will be the betrayal.

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2003, 02:15 PM »
Joel Edgerton (Owen Lars) will shoot one day's work of shooting in 2004.
We will definitely see Palpatine/Sidious use an "awesome display of the dark side of the force".
Beru Whitesun (Bonnie Piesse) will appear in the film along with Owen.
Rick felt saddened, shocked, angry and betrayed after reading the story of Anakin's downfall.
Chewbacca will be easily identified during his scenes and character depth will be added to the classic trilogy Chewbacca.
The originally planned six sets of alien armor have been reduced to one set.
The one character that will make the best action figure is the one character Rick is not allowed to discuss.
 Dave Prowse will not be playing Darth Vader.
 Many people believe the reason Anakin turns to the dark side is a love triangle between Anakin, Padmé and Obi-Wan.
 John Williams will begin scoring the film in November of 2004.

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2003, 02:17 PM »
The last ten minutes of the film will be "a dream come true" for all fans. ...
Until a final cut of the film is ready, it is too early to predict how the score may blend in with some of the Classic Trilogy musical themes.
Rick didn't confirm or deny that a major character in the film, other than Boba Fett, is a clone.
The story will move much quicker than the previous films.
"Birth of an Empire" is not even close to the real title of the film.
Currently, the script is 129 pages long.
Ewan McGregor may do a webchat in a few weeks.
Rick's favorite set to shoot for this film was the Classic Trilogy set.
Jar-Jar does not die in the film.

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2003, 01:07 AM »
mOnday, August 11:
·  Hayden Christensen was filmed first for Anakin close-ups inside the gimbal-mounted cockpit of the Jedi-Starfighter. Anakin wears the headband introduced in Episode 2. Scripted dialogue as well as “wild lines” for the spacebattle were shot.
·  Next up was Ewan McGregor for Obi-Wan’s cockpit scenes. There will be some chatter via the ships’ intercoms.
·  R4-P17, the red astromech that accompagnied Obi-Wan to Kamino and Geonosis in Episode 2, will still feature as Obi’s droid unit for this spacebattle, but will likely be replaced by the new bronze astromech that fans voted on.
·  The new version of the Jedi Starfighter reveals more of the droid’s features (instead of just the head, collar and shoulders are visible too now).
·  Anakin sports a scar oh which the origin will not be revealed in Episode 3 (i.e. expanded universe sources will need to take care of it).

Tuesday, August 12:
·  Jay Laga'aia, Anthony Daniels and Natalie Portman finished shooting today.
·  2 scenes were shot today: a quiet moment aboard an as yet un-designed Naboo starship with Natalie at the controls and 3PO keeping her company; it was recently added to the script. The other scene was another landing platform deal, with Padmé, Typho, 3PO and Obi. A Speeder was also involved.
·  Tem Morrison will play older Clones with scars, etc... George Lucas says that the reason the stormtroopers are different in the Original Trilogy is because the Empire had to resort to using different templates to clone them.
·  Obi-Wan's new fan-voted astrodroid is ready for filming.

Wednesday, August 13:
Shooting Stages as of today:
·  A: Conference room, two vent shafts, the water pit.
·  B: Greenscreen for various shots, mostly landing platforms.
·  C: Starcruiser hallway, revolving sets, new industrial locale.
·  D: New Jedi Temple interior location.
·  E: Bluescreen for various shots and starfighter/ speeder gimbals.
·  F: New control room and a bigass command center.
·  G: Bluescreen; clones were shot in a hangar bay here yesterday.
·  Also, wire-work today for Obi-Wan and Anakin for "mid-air action”. Furthermore, they used wires for Anakin's Force-assisted jumps in the 1st week's elevator shots as he jumped from one platform to the next.
·  It was also revealed that the stair set seen in the webcam is located within the Jedi Temple. The set has been torn down again already, as it’s served its purpose.

Thursday, August 14:
·  4 brief underwater scenes shot today which don't take up a lot of screen time but took a long time to shoot.
·  One scene involves a flooded room.
·  One scene involves Obi-Wan "tangling with an enemy combatant".
·  Obi-Wan's enemy combantant will be CG, because the stunt double was in a blue costume (assumption).
·  Another scene involved a wave machine and a room filling with water.
·  They mentioned Anakin but not in relation to a particular scene, only that they were having problems with his hair extensions drying out because of the clorine.
·  Matt Sloan, aka Plo Koon and droid wrangler, is done shooting.

Friday, August 15:
·  The diary is guest-written by Ali Keshavji of the documentary crew, since Pablo had to call in sick.
·  The only filming briefly mentioned is more of Anakin and Obi-Wan getting wet.