Author Topic: Group Project 12 - Ysanne Isard and Admiral Daala  (Read 72657 times)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Re: Group Project 12 - Ysanne Isard and Admiral Daala
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2006, 07:24 PM »
Boy dont i know what you mean chewie, I'm only averageing 50 hrs a week, but all my spare time, i'm doing the stuff my wife "shouldnt" be doing. Thanks

Ah, isn't this just what husbands are for, pregnancy or no pregnancy!  :D  Glass, what is your wife not supposed to be doing at present?  (This'll be good for me to know at some point in the future...)  And how much longer do you guys have before the Big Day?

... the Findswoman

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2006, 08:00 PM »
My wife is due in December. The first three months really saped her energy. She is starting to recover now.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2006, 08:22 PM »
I didn't realize the Phruby's were expecting also.  Congrats to you too!  Thankfully, we are out of the baby making business.  I love my children dearly but the infant stage is so draining!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2006, 12:49 AM »
Thanks Brent. It's a lot of fun. This is the first time we are pregnant. We've adopted Fred and Rose so we know what to do once a baby arrives but my wife would rather adopt. She like the idea of someone else giving birth. The kids and I can't wait.  ;D

The downside is my son now has his own room. My star wars toys are all in storage except the vintage figures and customs. He gets to have those in a glass display case in his room. He doesn't get to touch them though. I gave him some expendable star wars toys to play with his galactic heroes and gi joes.

Things are good. There is just very little time to make customs more than once or twice a month.

Speaking of customs, tomorrow is the deadline!  :o

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2006, 10:01 AM »
I didn't realize the Phruby's were expecting also. Congrats to you too! Thankfully, we are out of the baby making business. I love my children dearly but the infant stage is so draining!
man!  You said a mouth-full there!  Thats why nobody has seen any customs from me for a very long time.  It just takes so much of your time when you have a baby around, plus other children too.  I have 3, and the baby is 7 months now.  So, I'm finally getting a LITTLE more time to work, but I dont think I'll be up to chewie's average turnout anytime soon!  :)
Dont have to worry no more though, 3 is it for me!  Snippity, clippity!
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2006, 10:16 AM »
Glassman,
I may have missed this somewhere in the thread, so if I did I apolgize.  However, I was curious what the parts you used to make these bodies?  Do you have any WIP photos of your wax molds?

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2006, 11:40 AM »
  Snippity, clippity!

OUCH!  You're getting neutered? 

Finds, i wish i could say i enjoyed helping her out more but its tireing, seriously, she must be from krypton, cause she has super powers or something. And i only do the heavy lifting/strenuous stuff... She still does alot. But she takes alot of naps now. :) But at least i dont have somebody pressing against my spine and bladder all day, kicking at will!

Brent, check page 2 of this thread, The torso was reworked almost completly and the head had been too.

All that aside, i could have been finished today, but last night, (YES ANOTHER SOB STORY) my son, clogged his toilet, and since i was in the basemet sculpting away, he told my wife, who tried to fix it by... FLUSHING THE TOILET AGAIN!
Well, with what little spanish i do know, i heard "get the rags in the laundry room"
SO i go upstairs to see her trying to mop up 2 inches of water... at least.
SO after an hour and a half of soaking and ringing towels and mopping his bathroom, the living room ceiling starts to leak, then drip and then pour!
Well 3 hours and six holes later, all the water stopped running out.

All this to say i didnt make my head molds till this morning, so I will hopefully cast and paint tonight. I swear i must not be living right, because all this crap seems to be finding its way to my door... From my neighbors tree, to the other cutting my internet line with his driveway, My altenator died a couple weeks ago, my wife's car blew a tire over the weekend...When does it stop? >:(  Oh well life could be worse...much worse. So i digress.

So i should be done tonight, but may need an extra day( aside from the extra month phruby already gave me) ::)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2006, 12:04 PM »

I swear i must not be living right, because all this crap seems to be finding its way to my door...

Okay, given the bathroom issues, this line just made me laugh out loud.  I'm sure the Pun was not intended.

In all seriousness - you've had a string of bad luck the last several months.  Hopefully things turn around!

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2006, 12:33 PM »
you gotta watch what you feed your kids Glassman! :)

And as far as "getting" neutered?  Nope, already been there, done that.  Not NEARLY as bad people make it out to be.
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2006, 11:30 PM »
Well, this thread took a rather unexpected turn. Congratulations to all of you. I am sadly single and have no immidiate plans for having children, so I think ill just have to stick to customising. ;D

Which reminds me of why I posting to begin with. Any plans for Junes project?

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2006, 11:34 PM »
The main candidates are...

-Slaves
-Pimps
-1,000 years ago
-Vong

I vote for slaves
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 1, 2006, 12:07 AM »
Wrong thread dude. I think we will lay off of group projects for a month. Let's concerntrate on the MCC instead.

Ok guys, lets see what you got. 8)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 1, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Kids?  That is on the calendar for me on my "to make" list, probably going to start trying late summer/early fall.  Scary stuff.

Last night I got home late from work (again) and emptied 6 tubs of random fodder, trying again to find a torso for a Daala or Isard figure.  I'm stumped.  I have so much fodder, yet no female torsos that would work.  I've been completely frustrated with it... the only torso that I can find that would work for what I wanted to do is the SAGA Factory Padme, I lost 4 auctions on ebay trying to get one.  They kept going for $20 or higher, which sucks.

I am very sorry I didn't hit the deadline on this, I hope I can still add a late entry sometime soon.  Once I have the parts I need, I could probably whip up the custom in one night.

:)
« Last Edit: June 1, 2006, 10:32 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #148 on: June 1, 2006, 10:54 AM »
Well dispite, working till 7, getting home at 7:30(world record time), mowing the lawn, watering the garden, and 2 industrial size dehumidifiers and air blowers making all the noise you could possibly want... and overloading the circuit that my TV is on which kept cutting off the basketball game...

I still, got my figures done!!!

Here are Isard and Dalla.  Oh and the ladies love ozell.

To get finish, i didnt add articulation at the elbows and knees like i had planned.

Dalla was cast in grey plastic and given a olive wash, and ysanne was cast in rose color plastic and drybrushed with british crimson.

The heads were simple retooling of padme with hair added, and my headsculpt for ysanne was not recoverable, so i retooled a depa head( thanks to PenDragon) and sculped hair. Made molds and cast
them in peach color plastic.

« Last Edit: June 1, 2006, 10:58 AM by Glassman6 »

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #149 on: June 1, 2006, 11:05 AM »
Those are awesome Glass! I'd post more (and I have a Daala almost done that i'd still like to post if it's ok) but I havn't managed to be on the computer much this past week  - and I'm at work right now (with others out sick), so I've not much time to say anything worth while. Just had to comment - they look much more realistic then mine & most other's I've seen. Nice work man!