Author Topic: Group Project 12 - Ysanne Isard and Admiral Daala  (Read 72663 times)

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project 12 - Ysanne Isard and Admiral Daala
« Reply #165 on: June 4, 2006, 07:18 PM »
What the heck, I'll even throw in a parts list this time ;)

Head: Ewok Princess Leia
Torso : Barriss Offee, w/ sculpty collar & 'chest flap'
Rank Badge : Ozzel
Arms : Sub5 agent, Ankia (blue)
Hands: none yet
Gloves: Sub5 agent, Ankia (black - when I get another black one)
Belt(s) : Sub5 agent, Ankia (black) & a strip cut from a $0.98 WallyWorld "For Sale" sign (THANK YOU to whoever posted that idea here or at 'Scum or FFURG!)
Legs : Adi Gallia - with heavy dremel work
Pouches : some BBi dude
JumpSuit Trim: w/ the exception of the chest flap (sculpty), the pouches (bbi), and the forarms (Anika), all the rest of the trim was made from the "For Sale" sign

Things that I think still need work:
- black gloves
- regular hands
- dull Coat
- hair color needs tweaking
- belt needs touch up
- secondary forearm straps need ... something, but not silver
- eye brows need work
- chest trim touch up
- tighten bicep joints

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Not exactly dead on, but I'm OK with her  ;)

As always, thoughts, conjecture and derisive laughter are welcome; constructive criticism, helpful comments, & any ideas for improvements are quite appreciated!

:o
Oh man Pen...that is beyond AWESOME!!! Now you need to put her next to Tarkin, or a bust-up like that one cover with the two of them.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 4, 2006, 11:31 PM »
OMG! :o I love that! Pen you totally impress me with each new custom you make. That body work is great! The only way I can see to improve the body is to go the Microlady route with balloon clothes. The latex would cover every joint really well.

I agree she should have black gloves. My first version of Daala used that head and I still like a lot for her. That extra brade is a great touch. I wonder if it's possible to shave off Sub5 agent Anika's face and use it with Leia's hair. POTC Swan or a handmaden might work if you shave off their face's and recast them.

This one goes in my personal custom archies of examples to duplicate someday. Great job!
« Last Edit: June 4, 2006, 11:34 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #167 on: June 5, 2006, 05:13 PM »
Glassman
Thanks for the compliments, GM! But, yeah, I couldn't agree with you more on Leia's head  :P - hopefully the eyebrow mods will have the effect I'm looking for. If not, I'm goint to have to dremel out her face (which will make me very sad - it's one of my favorite Leia sculpts) and replace it with something not so... 'Leia-ish.'
I hope you do your version soon! I know anything you cast will come out terrifically!

CommanderKorbra
Thanks CK! That's quite a compliment - I'm honored!

As for the paint, it's from the Testors' Millitary set (for airplanes & camo).  Using this set, the first thing I did was cover every thing from Daala's collar to the end of the pant legs in Testors 'Dk Gull Gray Fl' (flat). I wanted the green ('Camo Green Flat' ) to be uniform, but not too dark. I figured painting this dark oliv'y green on a relatively light gray (despite it's "Dk" name) would get the desired effect. And I was happy with what came out.

After laying down one coat of the 'Camo Green' , I went to town with a dry brush of the green mixed with the gull gray & some of Apple Barrel's 'Apricot' (used for the hair color as well). I wasn't sure how it'd come out, but judging from your responce, I think it gave the olive green just what it needed to have.  8)

CHEWIE
;D Thanks again, J. Like I said,
... And as for the paint job, 'I learned it from watching you, CHEWIE, I learned from watching you!!!' ...
I'm wicked glad you like it - thanks for showing me the way!

Smartypants
Thanks Smarty! I'd be far to frightened of wrecking her to add articulation at this point, but If I ever do another (not likely - she was SUCH a pain thin the butt!) I'll see what I can do  :) Oh, and I'll try to get the camera tomorrow and take a pic of both of them standing together - pretty sure the scanner won't let me do what I'd need to. :P

Master_Phruby - You're far too kind! Another awesome compliment :-[ 
I'm not a big fan of the micro bodies - tho' your work is begining to sway me ;) and the baloons would look cool! Maybe someday I'll give it a try & hope it come out as well as yours!

Anika's face is a little too cartoony for me - I honestly can't see me using it for anything yet... but damn, I think you just gave me a great idea - a different agent w/ removable hair, Courtney Krieger! Heck, she even has the right shaped & colored eyebrows... Thanks M_P!!
« Last Edit: June 5, 2006, 05:14 PM by PenDragon »

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #168 on: June 5, 2006, 05:23 PM »
Pen, your Daala is just TERRIFIC -- what else can I add to the that the others haven't already said?  Great painting and use of parts -- it looks just like that reference picture.  Do you have a custom figure site of your own?  (If not, I know where you can get one... ;) ) I am definitely raring for more fine Pendragon creations! 

Would love to see your stuff in the Slaves and Imperials project, too.  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 5, 2006, 10:07 PM »
Excellent work, Excellent work!  One of the best female custom figures that I've ever seen. 
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 6, 2006, 10:29 AM »
Pen, I love your Daala.  I think it just looks great.  I can understand the point about the head looking too much like leia but I still think it works on this figure!  From that list of parts, its great you got it all to put togehter so seemlessly!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 6, 2006, 01:06 PM »
Anika's face is a little too cartoony for me - I honestly can't see me using it for anything yet... but damn, I think you just gave me a great idea - a different agent w/ removable hair, Courtney Krieger! Heck, she even has the right shaped & colored eyebrows... Thanks M_P!!

No problem. That's a great idea. You could even use Courtney Krieger's face for Daala. I wish my son didn't steal that figure before I could cast it. Another face I used for Daala was Zam Wessel.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #172 on: June 9, 2006, 10:59 PM »
Ok, took a little longer than I thought it would.... Maybe it's time to put that RadioShack credit card to use and buy my own camera ;)

Finds'
Thank you so very much! It means quite a bit, coming from the resident expert on fem-figs around here!  ;)
And, ya know, you'd THINK that I'd have my own sight by now.... but oh no, that'd just make FAR too much sense! ;D
As for the Imps & Slaves, I've already got an Imperial of sorts up there. And for the "slave," I'm thinkin' it's time I put those parts you sent me to use - I'll do the best to make her worthy of your comments!

Outrider
You make me blush.  :-[ But thank you very, very much for the high praise!

BrentS
It was a struggle for me :P  I'm pretty sure that I've never put so much work into one custom. A lot of new things for me - first time w/ such small pieces of styrene sheet, precise dremeling, etc. Thank you for commenting on how she came together! It means a lot. And I'm glad you like the Leia head, it'll probably stay that way for a long time  :)

Master_Phruby That's exactly what I was trying to say.... I guess I was a little excited & thusly not too awfully clear in speech  ;) And I'll have to look into the Zam head - sounds intriguing...
Also, I happen to have an extra Courtney face you could have if you feel like trading for parts or $. PM if you're interested.

... Can you post a picture of Daala and Isard together?
They're both still unfinished, but who knows when i'll have the camera again... So, absolutely, my young friend ;) 

click to enlarge

click to enlarge
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 03:46 PM by PenDragon »

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 9, 2006, 11:45 PM »
Holy crap, PenDragon, your Daala is AWESOME!!!!

The parts, the painting, the sculpting.....WOW.  This is just beautiful.

And normally I hate those crappy POTF2 Leia heads, but this one actually really works, the dour expression seems perfectly "in character".

The Daala and Isard together look just lovely.  Really top, top, top notch work.  Wowsers!!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality