Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 150788 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Unleashed figures
« Reply #1005 on: May 19, 2006, 10:07 AM »
the rumor that Target will get these and sell them for 19.99$ >:(?

I think folks are a little confused.  The folks over at RS made it sound like the $20 Unleashed would be the 7"stuff, but the info I have says the $20 Unleashed price stuff coming soon to Target will be the Hoth Mini-Unleashed DLX Sets that they are putting out...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 19, 2006, 10:48 AM »
Does anyone know if the plans to release some of the older figs holds true?  I am kicking myself for not getting into these.  I am planning to collect only the OT figs.  So catch up is only a dozen.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 19, 2006, 09:14 PM »
Found the last three of one of those 9-endcap cases this morning at a local WM.  As strange as it may sound, I'm actually pretty disappointed in these.

For those of you who are wondering what parts are reused, what's been newly sculpted, and so forth, here's the rundown as far as I can tell:

-Chewbacca has a new right arm to hold the Wookiee Water Gun, and it looks as if the left hand may have been modified just a bit to hold the surfboard.  The nose/muzzle on mine isn't painted black like most Chewies, but I don't know if this is a paint mistake on my Chewie, or a widespread thing.  The base is the same as the Endor blob o' green but in tan, and there you go.  I'd say if you have the first one, you're not really missing much if you pass on this one.

-Han is pretty much the Stormtrooper body from collarbone to foot, with a new Han head sculpt (that, all kidding aside, looks like it belongs on a Force Battlers figure, especially when compared with the initial Han UL) and the helmet looks to be the original UL Stormtrooper head hollowed out (it fits on his head loosely but well).  The gun is the same as before, but without the white tip on the end, and the base is an all new sculpt.  The problem with the base is, like IG-88's, it is made out of a rubbery plastic and mine was a little warped right out of the package.  The Diagnoga tentacle is a new sculpt too, although it seems a bit small.  If you don't have a Stormtrooper, if you like Han Solo, or if you're a completist, pick this one up.  If you're wanting the best Han though, go for the first version.

-The Shock Trooper looks weird.  I had hoped the photos of the strange head sculpt would not reflect the finished product, but alas and alack, they do.  The paint job on mine is good though, and the base is great (I just hope those Clones got some heat absorbing shoes).  The body is pretty much the AOTC UL Clone with a new head, and he's holding the short gun (which is an OT Stormtrooper gun, believe it or not) instead of the long one.  This is the "winner" of the set, although I feel like this is probably the weakest UL wave ever and had these actually been the "end" of the line, they probably would have been the "end" of the line, if you catch my drift.

I'm really hoping the line continues with new figures and reissues of older and harder to get figures, but I'm also hoping that the new figures aren't this type of rehash on a regular basis.  I'm sure that Hasbro could crank out a ROTS Clone in 50 different colors with 50 different bases and sell a lot (of course I'd buy them), but one of the things that made the line so appealing to me was the uniqueness of each piece.  This wave just seems like a bunch of repeats.  :-\

As for reissues, I'm hoping they stick to the more valuable on the secondary market ones (Yoda, Boba Fett, RH Vader, Stormtrooper, Maul) and stay away from the ones that are either too recent (Sidious vs. Yoda, Grievous) or didn't do too well to begin with (Chewbacca, Hoth Luke, AOTC Obi-Wan). 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 20, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Happy to say that I found the new wave this morning, and it was pretty much without incident.  I had planned on going to 6 WalMart's today, and it was at the first one I hit.  NICE!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 21, 2006, 02:13 AM »
Found 30 of these 3 today, and I picked up the clone. It's fantastic, save for the helmet, but what can you do?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1010 on: May 21, 2006, 03:22 AM »
Are these WM exclusives? I forgot, and there's a lot of pages in this thread.

If they are, I shouldn't bother to start looking for another month, since we just got the WM exclusive ML wave last week.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 21, 2006, 02:49 PM »
Yep, they are Ben.

Hopefully we'll see them real soon - we'll have to be quick as the Chewie's will pegwarm thereby preventing any new reorders from the WM mothership.

:D

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 21, 2006, 06:28 PM »
Found them all yesterday but just picked up a Shock Trooper for now.  Not interested in Chewy but Han looked great.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 21, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Damnation. That likely means I'll miss Han, which is the only one I want.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 21, 2006, 11:20 PM »
I'm hitting Wal*Mart tommorow, do you want to see if I can pick you up a Han?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 22, 2006, 04:08 AM »
Sure. I'd appreciate the help.  :)

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 22, 2006, 09:18 AM »
Found all 3 at WM on Saturday.  Had to pick up the shocktrooper.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 22, 2006, 11:17 AM »
Damnation. That likely means I'll miss Han, which is the only one I want.

That's my worry as well Ben.  Han's the only one I really want from this wave, and I'm worried he might be the first to go.  I am sort of on the fence with the Shocktrooper.  I try to stick with OT-only with these, with a few exceptions, but the Shockie is one of my favorite designs from the PT.  But, I'm hearing now that the helmet looks a little wonky (and it did in the online pics as well).  If I'm able to just get the Han, I'll be happy.  Hopefully this line will continue on this year too, and some of those rumor lists prove true.  I checked our local WM this weekend, but there was no sign of them yet.  I'm worried these will be a "one and done" type of thing, and once they are sold out that is it.  That makes them tougher to get a hold of, being exclusives.

Offline JediFirefly

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 22, 2006, 08:38 PM »
I picked up the 3 new ones: Han, Shockie, and Chewie. I have not yet decided if I am going to open and display them or keep them sealed. If anybody has these and has opened them if you could take some pictures and post that would be great so then I can see what they look like displayed.

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 23, 2006, 09:48 PM »
any chance can someone pick these new 3 up for me?  We aren't getting them in canada witch suchs and I don't want a hole in my unleashed collection.  If so please pm me and let me know.