Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 150861 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed figures
« Reply #1050 on: August 18, 2006, 07:50 PM »
My local Target (I live in a really small market compared to you CA guys) had four cases of these waiting to go on the shelves today.  There were four figures per case (I assume 2 of each), so I'm fully expecting to be drowning in Tubes o'Cyborg for the next few months. 

The weird thing is that here I am a total UL nut and I didn't even bother to crack the cases open to look at them.  I'm glad that people will finally be able to get a Fett, though.  I just wish that they had rereleased the Unmasked Vader instead of the Bespin version, because I think this is going to be the end for the 7" line once the tubes hit en masse.   :-\

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 21, 2006, 07:29 AM »
Anyone know the ETA on the Walmart Exclusive repacks of Vader and Luke?  I t hought they may of been showing up now since Targets two exclusives have been released. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 21, 2006, 12:41 PM »
Finally saw the reissue of Grievous.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the inclusion of the original card's artwork in the tube packaging.  It seems that you can actually remove the artwork and display it pretty easily.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 24, 2006, 06:55 PM »
These are sprouting like mushrooms here in Minnesota. I came across 7 today on an endcap, 6 of them were Grievous. Now there are 6 left, and 6 of them are Grievous.
 ;D

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 24, 2006, 11:17 PM »
I saw them today as well. They had six on an endcap: 2 Bobas and 4 Grievouses.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1055 on: September 2, 2006, 04:12 AM »
I finally found the Boba a few days ago as well (to fill that long annoying hole in my Unleashed collection).  But I guess my obsessive compulsive collecting tendencies are slightly annoyed with the new packaging, since it's gonna require me probably saving it now, due to how nice (and unique) it looks.  With the prior Unleashed figures, though I kept all the cardbacks, I was at least able to toss the (cut off) plastic bubbles, which saved on storage space immensely.  As such, this new cylinder packaging is a kick to my collecting ass, since I'll likely have a hard time parting with it (obviously this is my issue, and not something I blame on Hasbro or Target).

Certainly makes for a far better presentation of the product on the shelves, since the Fett (and Grievous) can be displayed in all their posed glory, unlike their prior incarnations in the far smaller bubbles.  I'm sure the Fett will sell through since it was already a nightmare to acquire, but it'll be interesting to see how the Grievous will do, since it was much easier to find at retail, and is a much more current re-release as well.  They're already shelfwarming en masse at my Target, while the Fett is nowhere to be found.

Now that I've got the Fett, and with Josh's assistance on the Stormtrooper, I'm down to just needing the removable helmet Vader from long ago.  Hopefully that gets re-released too, as Hasbro hinted at down at SDCC recently...

Sounds like there's still no sitings of the WM pair of exclusives yet though.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 2, 2006, 04:18 AM »
I'm down to just needing the removable helmet Vader from long ago.  Hopefully that gets re-released too, as Hasbro hinted at down at SDCC recently...

I sure hope you're right Matt.  I have them all except for the two Vaders (and the rehashed WM exclusive wave).

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 7, 2006, 06:34 PM »
So, that other site is claiming that the upcoming Kay Bee exclusive Unleashed Tubular Vader (he's either a surfer in 1980's California teen beach movies or the soundtrack to "The Exorcist") is a "Lava Reflection" version of Vader.  The way it sounds, they're also claiming that the Best Buy Vader from last year was this exact same figure (with the lava reflection) in the same packaging. 

Am I reading it wrong?  I don't recall *anyone* stating that the Best Buy Vader had any differences whatsoever (outside of packaging) from the regular release until now.   ???

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 7, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Yes, it had different paint apps, but I've always heard it called 'lightsaber reflection', not 'lava reflection' because the paint was both red and blue. Makes me wonder if this isn't a third version.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1059 on: September 8, 2006, 05:33 PM »
Sounds like there's still no sitings of the WM pair of exclusives yet though.

New pics from Hasbro:

A little birdie says they should be hitting soon...
« Last Edit: September 8, 2006, 05:34 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline exjedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • exjedi.com
« Reply #1060 on: September 8, 2006, 09:02 PM »
Crap, just when I convinced myself not to buy any more Hasbro re-hashed crap, they go and release the Boba and now another Vader in what I believe to be the best pacakging job out there thus far.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 9, 2006, 12:29 AM »
New pics from Hasbro:

A little birdie says they should be hitting soon...

Gotta have that Vader!!  Unfortunately, WM only seems to carry basic figures these days (in my area), but perhaps we'll get lucky with the exclusive.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 10, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Is that the Vader with the removable helmet?  I have the first release, but never got the other carded version.

Finding a SW exclusive product at WM here in MN is like winning the lottery.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 11, 2006, 08:08 AM »
Is that the Vader with the removable helmet?  I have the first release, but never got the other carded version.

Unless they switched the bases, then no.  The non removeable helmet one was the Bespin Gantry and the removeable helmet one came with a part of Vader's meditation chamber.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 11, 2006, 10:43 PM »
Hasbro really dropped the ball with this reissue lineup.  Especially since the fate of the line is depending on these selling well.  They could have guaranteed themselves much better sales if they had only gone this lineup:

-Removable helmet Vader with meditation chamber base
-Stormtrooper
-Yoda
-Boba Fett
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback