Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 150795 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Unleashed Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: February 9, 2004, 08:34 PM »
I was in total awe when I saw that Unleashed Bossk figure!   :o  I was expecting a cool Bossk, but that is kick ass!
dustrho

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #301 on: February 9, 2004, 09:12 PM »
SUH-WEET!!!!!!

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 9, 2004, 09:14 PM »
You think that is sweet, wait till we get a look at Aayla Secura!!!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

SilverZ

« Reply #303 on: February 9, 2004, 09:39 PM »
Ah, crap. That looks awesome. Now I'm officially into the Unleashed line. Dammit!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 9, 2004, 11:20 PM »

As for "why?" on the secondary characters...  Heck, that's simple - this is a Bounty Hunter, and everyone LOVES the Bounty Hunters.  They're all so popular that they almost surpass the "secondary character" status - especially Bossk and IG-88 (and of course Boba).

So true.  It seems Hasbro may finally be catching on to the notion that collectors might be all that's left.  

If so, this could be a strong indication that the remainder of the bounty hunters may be following.  I must admit that I am impressed, even more so after being skeptical.  I'm not sure how they would make IG-88 quite so dynamic, for example, but then again, I don't get paid to.   ;)

This really should make the next several series easier on them.  If they include a bounty hunter in each series, they are covered for the next four series'.  

In my great prognostication they should have a Jedi/rebel in each series; a bounty hunter in each series and an imperial in each series.  That leaves room for the accursed Ewoks as well.   >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #305 on: February 10, 2004, 02:22 AM »
Dayamn. I'm going to need a bigger shelf for all these badass Unleashed figures.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 10, 2004, 07:13 AM »
Holy ****!  After seeing that, I want more aliens.  That is one awesome figure.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 10, 2004, 09:52 AM »
Wow, that Bossk is really amazing.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but I really like what they have done with this one.  I have just been collecting the OT-based figures from this line (apart from Yoda and Jango), and I will definitely add Bossk to my collection if I can find him.  Much cooler than I even thought it could be.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Unleashed Again
« Reply #308 on: February 13, 2004, 06:21 PM »
Time for a second thread

Here is the first one

The latest insider confirms that a Tusken Raider and Aayla Secura will be coming with Bossk.  So here is the 2004 Line-Up so far:

• Chewbacca
  • Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder)
  • Clonetrooper
  • Aayla Secura
  • Bossk
  • Tusken Raider
Cool beans
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 03:42 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2004, 06:24 PM »
Mighty fine line up so far.  Can't wait to get my hands on Bossk.  

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 13, 2004, 06:26 PM »
Time for a second thread

Here is the first one

The latest insider confirms that a Tusken Raider and Aayla Secura will be coming with Bossk.  So here is the 2004 Line-Up so far:

• Chewbacca
  • Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder)
  • Clonetrooper
  • Aayla Secura
  • Bossk
  • Tusken Raider
Cool beans

I really cant wait to see what the Aayla Secura is going to look like, if her figure was awesome then the unleashed will kick ass!! I wonder if she will appear in EPIII!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #311 on: February 16, 2004, 03:25 PM »
Looks like Scott's locked this thread up since it's gotten so long, and moved on to Unleashed thread #2.  So head on over to Unleashed Again to carry on with the Unleashed discussion...   8)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #312 on: February 20, 2004, 03:46 PM »
As much as I like these figures I'm thinking about getting rid of them, the take up an awful lot of space...thoughts?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 20, 2004, 04:05 PM »
I could see what you mean Scott, as I have been re-evaluating my space issues lately too.  I have just been buying the OT characters, and that helps some.  But, to be honest, I have a Chewie and the new Luke on the way sometime...and I don't really have anywhere to put them :).  Plus I hope to pick up Bossk and possibly the Tusken Raider (after I see what it looks like).  I don't really want to stop collecting them though, and I hope that you don't have to....but I could see where space would be a concern too.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #314 on: February 20, 2004, 05:44 PM »
While I don't collect the Unleashed line, I did cave in on the Slave Leia for obvious reasons...   :-[  I'll probably do the same for Aayla as well, and that Bossk is just awesome looking!  I'm absolutely physically and mentally incapable of collecting only a portion of any given line.  Completism runs disgustingly rampant through my blood, so I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do here...

That said, I stumbled upon the new Hoth Pilot Luke and super windblown Chewie again today.  The former looks pretty cool, but the latter is not so hot IMO.  Anyone need these?  LMK if ya' do, and maybe I can hook you up with 'em.  I actually snagged the Luke already, but could probably pick up the Chewie on the way home from work as well...